Team sky tweet

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I'm not that much of a fan of Pinerello's but I have to say I find that very Omnomnomnomnomm
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    Looks like a ding jun oui f74 or some such generic Chinese frame with the obligatory dogma stickers on. Not for me thanks
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Much nicer than the old one. I hated those wavy forks.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Turfle wrote:
    More people logged into the forum now then when the racing is at its hottest.

Let me teach you about the various times of day.

Daytime is when people are usually at work.
    The evening is when people usually aren't.

There endeth the bleeding obvious lesson from Pross, for today

:wink:

Block filter still proving its worth. Turtle, there is more to life than Burnley on Thames. In some places in the World people are just waking up when you are going to bed. Additionally note that the weekends (when most people dont work) have a lower post count than equivalent days during the week. Also I am not sure you work yourself so not sure how qualified you are to speak on the subject.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Turfle wrote:

Block filter still proving its worth. Turtle, there is more to life than Burnley on Thames. In some places in the World people are just waking up when you are going to bed. Additionally note that the weekends (when most people dont work) have a lower post count than equivalent days during the week. Also I am not sure you work yourself so not sure how qualified you are to speak on the subject.

This is a predominantly UK centric site though and at weekends people have other things to do too. That said, I find this site more active in the daytime and probably use it more myself between tasks in the day that in the evening. The racing yesterday was so poor there was nothing to comment on. However, the day before the spoiler thread was red hot.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    It's ok. Prob. v.overpriced compared to a C59 or a custom build but expect to see the mamils of Surrey out on them. Be annoying if you'd paid full price on a new Dogma tho'. It's really a marketing exercise to compete with Spesh/Maclaren. Colnago prob. did it best with Ferrari - those bikes just hung on the walls of the car owners
    M.Rushton
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    It's much much better looking than all the Pinarello Dogmucks of the last few years, the wobbly lines look alright now. It's still not exactly a looker though
  • ddraver
    mrushton wrote:
    It's ok. Prob. v.overpriced compared to a C59 or a custom build but expect to see the mamils of Surrey out on them. Be annoying if you'd paid full price on a new Dogma tho'. It's really a marketing exercise to compete with Spesh/Maclaren. Colnago prob. did it best with Ferrari - those bikes just hung on the walls of the car owners

Not sure that's fair!

They were either wierd concept nonsense or just repainted versions of something that already existed.

This is more like Specialized's joint project with Maclaren. It's a bike for riding
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Turfle wrote:

Here's some more info for you,

at weekends people do stuff, they go for a ride, go to the shops, visit friends, visit family.

Not everyone cares about their massive post count. We have lives.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I'm on ignore, yet he responds every time I mention him. Curious.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    gsk82 wrote:
    if the dogma wasn't already aero what was it?
    overrated.
  • Anonymous
    I'd be inclined to say the opposite. It's a fantastic bike say all those who own one (albeit a touch heavy)....but then they would say that.
  • ddraver
    The reality is that anything at that price level is awesome. Maybe there is a tiny bit of leeway in terms of "pure race bike" or "sporti...derm...classics race" bike but actually all that matters is that it fit's you...
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    fit's?
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Hmmm I think that's quite pretty actually, not "dashing" but pretty.
  • UncleMonty
    UncleMonty Posts: 385
    Just how heavy is it compared to other frames ?

I thought the UCI weight limit dictated lightweight bike design now, hence why we see the heavy batteries for electronic gears etc, this is all down to "spare" weight surley.

I guess for you average Joe who deosn't race bike weight is everything though, not that your average Joe could afford one of these.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    I'm sure it's a nice bike but 12k ? Ouch!

Even if I had so much money it was pocket change it just screams all the gear no idea - yeah inverse snobbery maybe but it does look like a chinese open mould special. I fully admit to being something of a hypocrite here because I'd have a C59 with Record and they aren't exactly vfm but they look cheap compared to that thing.

The Ferrari Colnagos are monstrosities of course.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • frenchfighter
    I'm sure it's a nice bike but 12k ? Ouch!

12k? For real? F me. Definitely aimed at the fat forties with cash to splash.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    I know a guy with a 12K bike and he is not fat. He holds one of the top10s for Richmond park on a road bike.
    Why does wealth correspond to a large waistline?
  • Anonymous
    coriordan wrote:
    I know a guy with a 12K bike and he is not fat. He holds one of the top10s for Richmond park on a road bike.
    Why does wealth correspond to a large waistline?

I wonder how fat FF is?

as frenchfighter has a first class degree from top class university and a top class job.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Is it 12k or did I make that up ? Sure I read it somewhere.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Is it 12k or did I make that up ? Sure I read it somewhere.

I thought I'd read $4k for the frame (was early this morning though and I can't remember where)

So with a DA Di2 group set, fancy wheels and bling finishing kit I wouldn't be at all surprised at a £12k fully cost :shock:

I think (if I had money to burn) I'd still go for the Orbea M11 in Euskaltel - Euskadi team colours as my dream bike :)
  • ddraver
    it's not 12K Carbon Weave or whathave you is it?

But then 12k for a top of the range frame with full Di2 and pimpy wheels sounds about right
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    How much would a Tarmac sl4 pro, with dura ace, some wheels, and nice finishing kit cost? about 12k?

I don't see all the hate of dogma's after all sky have had 2 tour wins, 1 giro podium, 2 veulta podiums and 2 GT top tens, not to mention numerous stage races. Not to mention Costa's WC win. If they were that bad then why are Sky using them? They come in at 6.8kg
  • ddraver
    ...and they re about to add a Giro to that list...
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    Canyon for Movistar....
  • ddraver
    oh yeah, Forgot they changed this year...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Looks better without the moody lighting here...

10374025_10152576246374873_2390014395058491610_n.jpg
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    I reckon it looks fine. If they kept it matt that would be good. Shame he is in the opposite gear combo he should to properly present the bike.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    ddraver wrote:
    Looks better without the moody lighting here...

10374025_10152576246374873_2390014395058491610_n.jpg

The headtube looks thicker than Froome's arm. Mind you, so does a twiglet.