Remedy 9.8 650b

13»

Comments

• russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    A little after the Capra. But you are right. I think I am just going to order one and wait. I can start collecting parts I guess. What build spec did you go for?
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    Getting frame only and using most the parts off the Remedy; XT groupset and Pikes. Getting some carbon wheels from Bird like on my Zero, RaceFace SIXC bars and Atlas stem as on my Nomad as I really like the feel of these. Will get a new reverb as well as my current one is getting on for nearly 2 years old.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    In terms of intended use aren't the bird aeris and the nomad very similar? I'm just wondering about what's the motivation behind having both when they're Fairly alike...
  • BloggingFit
    Similar geometry but shorter travel like the Remedy. A straight swap but more fun to ride so should suit the trail centre riding where the constant small bump chatter can wear on you a bit after a few hours on a hardtail. I was looking at 120mm bikes but the Aeris pedals very well so the slight increase in travel wasn't a concern. The rough, natural MoD trails I ride are more Nomad suited.
  • BloggingFit
    Ending up getting a decent offer on the complete bike with the stock wheelset so has now been sold. Will probably sell off the LB rims on Hopes and the Aeris purchase will now be a complete build. Sorry to see it go but keen for the change.