It's Good Night From Me

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited May 2014 in The cake stop
After being accused of being a racist by that utter twat Nathancom, when trying to engage in a valid argument about whether a certain religion has any place in modern society. I have decided to call it a day on here.

Vtech - I have enjoyed your posts. Despite what other dim minded individuals on here think, your points of view are valid and warrant intelligent discussion. Clearly this is something that a couple of Twunts (I can say that now) north of the border have an inability to do. Instead they plunge as usual into their politics of envy diatribe.

Arran - Have enjoyed conversing with you to get through many a boring day when at the kitchen table doing paper work. Hope all works out well in the estimating job.

Bianchimoon - Hope you enjoyed your weekend down my neck of the woods a couple weeks back.

Nathancom - Jog on!

Summer is here. So I shall make the most of it and get on the bike, rather than waste my time on here.

Note:
I do hope Scotland get their independence. Would be nice to see the Jocks having to pay for tuition and prescriptions for a change.

Cheers.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Mr Goo, I for one and probably speak for the majority suggest you sleep on it.
    My best fun on here is arguing with the moron north of the border and certainly wouldn't let him get the better of me.
    I've honestly never got upset with him, even when he stooped to levels lower than a grass snake and no one really thinks your a racist.

He could call me a fat barsteward and everyone would think I was a male model.

Seriously, forget him, come with me on a road trip or a first class flight to Vegas (on me) and we can post pictures here to p!ss him off :)
    Living MY dream.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    I would class my self as left of centre but Nathan is a ... no I cant say that, but he gives reasoned debate a bad name, as vtech say " sleep on it" and don't let a bully win.
    PS we are going to get a shitte summer anyhow!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Why am I not on the list ?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Goo, suggest you stay or else it's handing a win to the lefties. They don't have to breed to take over the forum if normal people leave when they get teed off :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Mr Goo, how am I going to get through the tedium that is my working day :shock:

Seriously though don't let one idiot on here get the better of you, just rise above him and ignore the fecker.

Take VTech up on his offer, I dread to think what arguments the two of you could come up with on a road trip :lol:

As others have said Nathancom just tries to drag others down to his level so don't let him.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Why am I not on the list ?!

Perhaps because although some of us don't agree with all of your views, you try to debate them. Nathancom just likes to argue.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Me neither... I will try to hide the hurt
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Goo, suggest you stay or else it's handing a win to the lefties. They don't have to breed to take over the forum if normal people leave when they get teed off :wink:

I know nothing of the argument in question, but that's a little strong.

And I also know how hurtful online comments on here can be - on another (football) forum that I use, there's a rule of "attack the post, NOT the poster", which seems to work well - it's almost self-moderating.

Perhaps we could all learn from that.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    Mr Goo,

don't let anyone - however charmless and offensive - put you off this thread. A little spirited banter is often a good thing, and if it gets out of hand then apologies should be sought and we move on. SecretSam writes wise words. By the way, the Muslim population of Europe (including majority Mulsim nations like Albania) is around 7.5% and in the UK 4.6%, so concerns about a take-over are a little misplaced. Your views on religion are echoed now, I imagine, by a majority of Western Europeans. Muslim fundamentalism is abhored, I am sure, by the vast majority of Muslims. The problems with piety, of course, is that it allows people to leave their daily obligations to decency and civility behind. This is the case, sadly, for all religions.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Apparently you can warn that we are going to get overrun by muslims outbreeding us and then go on a long diatribe about how evil muslims are and then expect no one to call you out for being racist.

How do you think any muslim members of bikeradar felt reading your posts - think about that for one second? I guess I should ask myself the same about UKIP voters.
  • pliptrot
    nathancom wrote:
    Apparently you can warn that we are going to get overrun by muslims outbreeding us and then go on a long diatribe about how evil muslims are and then expect no one to call you out for being racist.
    And to do this and then be offended by the response is a little churlish. But what is just a debate to some is offensive to others, so discretion and humility may be warranted. even when the unintelligible call you a moron.
  • nathancom
    pliptrot wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    And to do this and then be offended by the response is a little churlish. But what is just a debate to some is offensive to others, so discretion and humility may be warranted. even when the unintelligible call you a moron.
    If you make offensive statements you should expect as a possible result at least the same level of offence back, anything else is cowardly. I think I have simply pointed out that he was making racial slurs.

Anyway if it assuages Mr Goo, my intention was to tell you that your comments are fundamentally racist not necessarily that you were fundamentally racist since I do not know you.

In the early 20th century we were warned that Jews were taking over and that racism led to the holocaust yet we use the same rhetoric today about muslims and again are seeing the rise of the Far Right. I lost 90% of my family in that holocaust and have met many concentration camp survivors. So forgive me if I don't care much for the comments.
  • VTech
    The problem isn't what you meant to say or what others thought.
    The problem is that you do your thing in a nasty, spiteful and hateful manor. You seem to get a kick from it.
    I have never seen nastiness from anyone else that comes even remotely close to the way you act. In real life you would put yourself in danger on a daily basis acting like you do.
    I have argued the toss with plenty on here but have never felt the need to be go after them in a nasty way. You seem to thrive on it. Thats the key problem here.
    Living MY dream.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    VTech wrote:
    ...you do your thing in a nasty, spiteful and hateful manor. ...
    I thought it was you who had the manor, the rest of us have to make do with more modest homes.
  • pliptrot
    VTech wrote:
    In real life
    I don't think you're best placed to comment on that.....
    bompington wrote:
    I thought it was you who had the manor, the rest of us have to make do with more modest homes.
    :D
  • VTech
    pliptrot wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    In real life
    I don't think you're best placed to comment on that.....

why ?
    bompington wrote:

should I apologise for the house I live in ?
    Living MY dream.
  • pliptrot
    nathancom wrote:
    In the early 20th century we were warned that Jews were taking over and that racism led to the holocaust yet we use the same rhetoric today about muslims and again are seeing the rise of the Far Right. I lost 90% of my family in that holocaust and have met many concentration camp survivors. So forgive me if I don't care much for the comments.

Given the emnity between Islam and Judaism you have taken a very objective and balanced approach. Chapeau! You response to -and don't you love the irony here- the nasty, spiteful and hateful comments some have posted shows certain restraint, given the context. Live free and post long!
  • pliptrot
    VTech wrote:
    bompington wrote:

should I apologise for the house I live in ?[

Er...you missed that one (again).
  • VTech
    pliptrot wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    bompington wrote:

No, I get your point fully, your post above confirms your thoughts and of which side of the fence you sit.
    Living MY dream.
  • nathancom
    edited May 2014
    pliptrot wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Given the emnity between Islam and Judaism you have taken a very objective and balanced approach. Chapeau! You response to -and don't you love the irony here- the nasty, spiteful and hateful comments some have posted shows certain restraint, given the context. Live free and post long!
    The issues are more between the Middle East and Israel from my experience. I have met a lot of great Muslims and religion has never been a barrier to getting on.

I certainly don't expect an easy ride from those i have locked horns with, but this is more like a WI meeting of the local Tory Party association.

Oh and Vtech one day you will face slam irony and it's not going to be pretty.
  • bompington wrote:
    VTech wrote:

:lol::lol: Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and.....
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    After being accused of being a racist by that utter fool Nathancom, when trying to engage in a valid argument about whether a certain religion has any place in modern society. I have decided to call it a day on here.

Vtech - I have enjoyed your posts. Despite what other dim minded individuals on here think, your points of view are valid and warrant intelligent discussion. Clearly this is something that a couple of Twunts (I can say that now) north of the border have an inability to do. Instead they plunge as usual into their politics of envy diatribe.

Arran - Have enjoyed conversing with you to get through many a boring day when at the kitchen table doing paper work. Hope all works out well in the estimating job.

Bianchimoon - Hope you enjoyed your weekend down my neck of the woods a couple weeks back.

Nathancom - Jog on!

Summer is here. So I shall make the most of it and get on the bike, rather than waste my time on here.

Note:
    I do hope Scotland get their independence. Would be nice to see the Jocks having to pay for tuition and prescriptions for a change.

Cheers.

Is this a flounce?

flounce.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • VTech
    nathancom wrote:
    pliptrot wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

I certainly don't expect an easy ride from those i have locked horns with, but this is more like a WI meeting of the local Tory Party association.

Oh and Vtech one day you will face slam irony and it's not going to be pretty. As a side note someone sent me this picture of you in your internet superhero costume:

fatoptimusprime_zps2d5f7b9d.jpg

Come on, is that all you got ?
    He has way more hair than me, next time at least find someone as ugly as me to post a pic of.

One things for sure, Im damn sure even a fat barsteward like me would pull far better than you and you want to know the reason.

People laugh with me, they laugh AT you.

Now, what do I chose ? aventador, 458, gallardo or stay in for a game of snooker or a swim in the pool ?
    Im sick of these choices.
    Living MY dream.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    VTech wrote:
    pliptrot wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    bompington wrote:

No, I get your point fully, your post above confirms your thoughts and of which side of the fence you sit.

Are you sure?! ie that you get the point which was that bompington simply found it funny that you referred to a "nasty, spiteful and hateful manor" (ie a bloody minded but posh house of the sort that footballers live in) and not a "nasty, spiteful and hateful manner" which is what you probably meant.

It's not really a comment that confirms any thoughts or fence side preferences! :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • VTech
    Rolf F wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    pliptrot wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Are you sure?! ie that you get the point which was that bompington simply found it funny that you referred to a "nasty, spiteful and hateful manor" (ie a bloody minded but posh house of the sort that footballers live in) and not a "nasty, spiteful and hateful manner" which is what you probably meant.

It's not really a comment that confirms any thoughts or fence side preferences! :wink:

It wasn't that part I referred too.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    Also, I have always fancied myself as a superhero.
    A fat superhero but a superhero non-the-less.

So, here goes. My youngest sons plastic sword and my eldest sons face mask (no idea why he has it but it works).

tvfi.jpg

So, what do you think ?
    Im off to fight some crime.
    I may be some time as the drive down my private entrance road takes a while and then I have to get out of this wonderful village and head to somewhere the dregs of society hang out.
    Living MY dream.
  • pliptrot
    VTech wrote:
    The irony meter just went off scale.........
  • VTech
    pliptrot wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    The irony meter just went off scale.........

Of course it did, do you honestly think I didn't realise that the first response would have been that.
    Must dash, just reached the bottom of the drive, left or right ?
    Living MY dream.
  • pliptrot
    VTech wrote:
    Of course it did, do you honestly think I didn't realise that the first response would have been that
    Yes, I honestly did. And I'm sure I'm not alone.
  • bompington wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I thought he was referring to Scotland. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.