2»

Comments

• Ah ok I won't bother then. Think upgrading the wheels would be a good plan
    2011 carrera fury
    2012 20" onza genesis trials bike
    2014 carrera virtuoso road bike
  • simon_masterson
    simon_masterson Posts: 2,740
    Wheels are a worthwhile upgrade, but I'd (in your case) spend the money on some decent shorts if I were you!
  • Wheels are a worthwhile upgrade, but I'd (in your case) spend the money on some decent shorts if I were you!
    Me? I've got decent shorts, got altura bib shorts. Very good quality. Underwear was the problem though
    2011 carrera fury
    2012 20" onza genesis trials bike
    2014 carrera virtuoso road bike
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    On the subject of tyres again, either Wiggle or Ribble are doing Michelin Pro4 SC for £23 each - excellent tyres at a "take their hand off" price :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Bike looks really nice Danchandler! I think I would possibly benefit from a 56cm but getting on really well with my rides now.

Covering 12 miles through town and countryside in around 48 minutes now. By no means an outstanding achievement but I've shaved off around 10 minutes by getting by head around gear selection a little and being more comfortable in the saddle.

Where would I notice the improvement in upgrading the tyres?
  • Regards to the neck ache, once I took the visor off my helmet, this was a huge help and wouldn't have thought of it until I saw something on here about it. Body in general is getting more used to it. I suffer from a sore shoulder at times in general so that sometimes crops up and pins and needles in my hands bug good otherwise!
  • simon_masterson
    simon_masterson Posts: 2,740
    Wheels are a worthwhile upgrade, but I'd (in your case) spend the money on some decent shorts if I were you!
    Me? I've got decent shorts, got altura bib shorts. Very good quality. Underwear was the problem though

There's nothing wrong with Altura, but you can do much better, and for the money that upgrades to your bike would cost.
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    I 5ft 11 and my cube is a 58" frame. I am lead to believe cubes are relatively small though. That reminds me, I need to get a pick up on the new bikes section, considering I got it 4 weeks ago