Giro Stage 13 Fossano - Rivarolo Canavese *spoilers*

2»

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    With 4km to go and the break has more than a minute! Come on break, some excitement at last!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    2km and the break still have a minute!

Sod the PTP points :D
  • above_the_cows
    Flamme Rouge!
  • above_the_cows
    Another awesome peloton cresting a rise shot!
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Terrific sprint from Canola.
  • above_the_cows
    Canola
    Rodriguez
    Tulik
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,396
    Why did the peloton stop chasing? Surely this was the sprinters last chance of a win?
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Fair play to Canola, took it up first and had the legs to back it up. Peleton are idiots.
  • above_the_cows
    And I win the prize for starting the spoiler thread with the least interest. What an honour :D
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    knedlicky wrote:
    14251084724_2c1d2cb426_z.jpg
    Interesting to see that the lane-divider islands plus their 'furniture' had been removed and asphalted over, eliminating the narrowing they had created!
    Someone must have thought there was a safety issue there.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    This is massive for Canola - according to Procycling stats his only other placings are a win at Lagkwai a couple of years back and the Tirreno-Adriatico mountain jersey. Imaging how he's feeling now.
  • above_the_cows
    knedlicky wrote:
    Interesting to see that the lane-divider islands plus their 'furniture' had been removed and asphalted over, eliminating the narrowing they had created!

We were denied our mild peril!

Still it got exciting in the final few kms with the break staying away and we got another awesome peloton crests the rise behind the leaders shot. Very happy for Canola and I don't think Bouhanni won the sprint for fourth did he?
  • Mad_Malx
    And I win the prize for starting the spoiler thread with the least interest. What an honour :D

I recognised Spui too - stayed around the corner a few weeks back. MM Junior (Ms) has developed a dutch bike obsession I'm about to pander to.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Canola will look back fondly on this stage, but I don't think anyone else will
  • above_the_cows
    Mad_Malx wrote:

I recognised Spui too - stayed around the corner a few weeks back. MM Junior (Ms) has developed a dutch bike obsession I'm about to pander to.

A panda bike obsession...?

panda-liege.jpg
  • above_the_cows
    Canola will look back fondly on this stage, but I don't think anyone else will

True but the thread was an epic in of off-topic randomness. All we need is Frenchie to post a picture of a pretty horse and it will be complete.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    knedlicky wrote:

We were denied our mild peril!
    Still it got exciting in the final few kms with the break staying away and we got another awesome peloton crests the rise behind the leaders shot. Very happy for Canola and I don't think Bouhanni won the sprint for fourth did he?

did someone mention my name?

Looks like this was a perfect answer to why do riders try and break away in a race? Great result for Canola and proof that fortune favours the brave. I've been given a new computer (even though I only have two working days remainingh) and it has more firewalls than a Spartan stag party so I can't get any feeds. Thanks to ATC et al for the feedback on today's stage.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • above_the_cows
    bompington wrote:
    Better than being squashed under them.

EDIT: there is something a bit menacing about the two trams advancing in parallel, isn't there?

Ooo I missed this, I feel compelled to correct this false sense of menace just to push the thread into the even more off topic wildernesss that it has now found itself in. The trams are going in different directions, sadly they are not advancing in parallel.
  • above_the_cows
    I've been given a new computer

Did I mention that I got a new computer at work this week too.

OK enough, I'm off to read gossip about some golfer who's ditched his tennis playing fiancee.

Ciao lovelies.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    The trams are going in different directions, sadly they are not advancing in parallel.

A scissor move then! Could be even more dreadful.

Really pleased when the break makes it on the rare occasion. The others just did not make the right calcoolashun I guess.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "they are not advancing in parallel." That's what they WANT you to think.....
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • RoadPainter
    RoadPainter Posts: 375
    They are both advancing (unless one has stopped), and they're parallel
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    In the category "Worst Spoiler Thread Ever" the nominations are.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    I took my McVities highlander out for a walk with about 30km's to go. Today was the calm before the storm.
  • Mad_Malx
    In the category "Worst Spoiler Thread Ever" the nominations are.....

We're saving energy for the mountains
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    It was just a standard transition thread.
    Half man, Half bike
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Worth looking at the bottom 20 or so names from today. Many of them are 100% resting up for a stage win attempt this weekend.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    I almost stayed up last night to watch highlights thinking it was a mountain stage. I didn't bother and then came here to check the result. I thought I'd got my stage numbers wrong and that this was 3 pages of advanced spoiler stuff for today, never seen such a small spoiler thread and looks like the going to bed option last night was a good one!