Sleep!!

adamleech
adamleech Posts: 45
THis is my second season of racing, nothing serious but am enjoying every minute of them. However, Ive noticed of late that when I get back from an evening race / Handicap which starts at say 7.15pm - can I get to sleep when I get home? No way I seem to stay awake for hours on end.
I dont take any gels with or without Caffine in, although I always have a regro protein drink when I've finnished.
I'm perfectly happy with my fitness and results its just the sleep that is concerning me...
Any ideas - i thought perhaps it might be that I'm not warming down properly?
Thanks
AL

Comments

• michaelede
    michaelede Posts: 152
    I find ZMB (basically a zinc and magnesium supplement, back some time ago it was thought to be a super duper supplement for body builders but the main benefit turned out to be quality sleep) gets me off to sleep PDQ and gives super deep restful sleep even after a late night HIIT session. I am no racer so obviously I haven't had a dump of adrenaline which I guess goes with racing (?) so YMMV.
  • herzog
    herzog Posts: 197
    I get it as well - particularly if the race went well/bad/in between.
  • olake92
    olake92 Posts: 182
    I find I have problems with this as well. Meditation (snigger) seems to help a lot in getting to sleep after a late evening session. I would opine that it is quite a common problem judging from the tales of sleeping pill use after Tour Series rounds.
    I'm on Twitter! Follow @olake92 for updates on my racing, my team's performance and some generic tweets.