Garmin Edge 500 % max HR?

kevin_stephens
kevin_stephens Posts: 184
I'm loving my Garmin Edge 500, don't know why I put up with my Polar for so long.
However I'm having problems setting up % max HR. I've entered my max in "training zones" on the unit and via Garmin Connect, but when I'm on a ride the % max HR field is blank, as is the data when I download (BPM is fine). I'm probably missing something simple and would appreciate some help.

Many thanks
I want to climb hills so badly;
and I climb hills so badly

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Garmin Connect (both new and old) is hopeless at the moment - Garmin should be ashamed of themselves. I've entered my FTP and it ignores it completely in the calculations it makes. I've not bothered with HR zones for that reason. I've had no end of trouble with Garmin Express too - trying to download the updated map for my a Edge 1000: reaches 100% then reverts to 61% and says there's a server error. Of course, nothing back from Garmin. I could go on and on.

I truly hope one of the competitors starts closing the gap because Garmin is just fat, dumb and happy.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • DCDB
    DCDB Posts: 27
    You need to enter your resting heart rate via Garmin connect (you can't do it via the Garmin 500 direct) or the unit can't work out the zones between min and max. Hence the unit won't display the zones or associated readings.
  • Thanks DCDB. it was a combination of not entering resting HR and also not having most up to date connection add in.
    I want to climb hills so badly;
    and I climb hills so badly