Publishing incriminating headcam footage...

keyser__soze
keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
edited May 2014 in Commuting chat
... is usually only a good idea if it incriminates someone else. Not sure what's worse, the appalling driving by the motorcyclist or the arrogance after the event of putting it up on his own YouTube channel blaming the cyclist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L55ua4Wi5w0

(edited to put back working link, HT oneiroi)
"Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
"Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"

Comments

• Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    That Cop needs a better fitting jacket, she looks like a bag of shite. :roll:
  • Cutty Dyer
    Cutty Dyer Posts: 78
    That copper was so far out of her depth.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    how could that guy watch his own video then post it to youtube and not worry about being prosecuted
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Cutty Dyer wrote:
    She was completely clueless :shock:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    itboffin wrote:
    how could that guy watch his own video then post it to youtube and not worry about being prosecuted

cos they are so self-righteous they don't realise it's actually them that is in the wrong
    FCN = 4
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    dhope wrote:
    Cutty Dyer wrote:
    She was completely clueless :shock:

that's not fair, okay she needs a proper fitting uniform and take her hands out of her pockets, but that sort of situation its very hard to listen to both parties at the actual scene with video evidence whilst taking no notes of any kind, or even address/contact details for the incident report.

:roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Cutty Dyer
    Maybe she was a passing stripagram who got carried away with the theme :D
  • kamiokande
    kamiokande Posts: 55
    I did about 5 minutes of digging on this guy and found another twitter account that's still active, some tweets about Ducati's that suggest it's him and quite a lot ranting about cyclists....Oh and a really weird animated picture of him wiggling his tongue....hmm....
  • Cutty Dyer
    He appears to be on here as phantomfighter:

http://hyperstrada.com/ducati-hyperstra ... nel-2.html
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    Video is private now.
  • anonymousblackfg
    anonymousblackfg Posts: 2,029
    The LFGSS found him yesterday and started a spot of Trolling. Seems he's a graphic designer and general douchebag.

http://www.lfgss.com/thread36761-97.html
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • oneiroi
    oneiroi Posts: 32
    And video is up again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L55ua4Wi5w0
    Boggles the mind.
    Amazed at the calmness of the cyclist.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Youtube comment gold. :lol:
    Motorcyclist, Alex, you are a shit bag, you are a terrible, indecent human being, you are a grubby, cowardly shit stain, you dirty, pathetic little squirt, and DON'T YOU DARE make up death threats, you haven't had any death threats you melodramatic little queen. This is what you will be famous for, do you understand? You took it upon yourself to deliberately hurt someone and boast about it on the net, your lack of self-awareness is staggering. Reap what you sow, bell end
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    The cyclist wouldn't have been aware of the motorbike until it was too late.

I do hope the Police do something positive about this and prosecute the motorcyclist for dangerous driving - it seems to me that it was a deliberate act to collide with the cyclist and he's lucky the cyclist wasn't seriously injured.

It may not be advisable to cycle whilst on the phone, but there is no law that I'm aware of that says you shouldn't - therefore it is discretionary.
  • To be fair to the cop, she didn't have the benefit of the helmet-cam footage at the time.
  • slowbike
    Nice to see that the cyclist is "listening" to the copper who is obviously a long way out of her depth...
  • fat_tail
    fat_tail Posts: 786
    motorcyclist is a prize specimen.
    Ridley Fenix SL
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    None of these utoob links seem to work anymore?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • kamiokande
    kamiokande Posts: 55
    This works for me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlNT90Tc4yI

He keeps getting them removed but then people keep re-uploading it.
  • fat_tail
    fat_tail Posts: 786
    elbowloh wrote:
    None of these utoob links seem to work anymore?
    one posted by oneiroi works
    Ridley Fenix SL
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    Quite frankly you can see his deliberate intention to knock the cyclist down at the front. I didn't want much after the pc got involved as alas she didn't seem in control at all and it was painful to watch.
    The motor cyclist should be ashamed of himself and his actions at the start.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • slowbike
    Nobody can download youtube videos can they ... much ...
  • jeepie
    jeepie Posts: 497
    Seems to be that the motorbike rider deliberately ran down the cyclist to punish him for something or other: being a cyclist, being in the road, going to slowly, being on the phone. Seems like the motor bike rider doesn't like cyclists.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    another source of the video at road cc

Interesting comments too, if you scroll down the Ducati riders buddy is posting here saying he is afeared for his life following threats etc.
    FCN = 4
  • slowbike
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    Interesting comments too, if you scroll down the Ducati riders buddy is posting here saying he is afeared for his life following threats etc.

Well - you can understand it can't you ... one person decides to teach another a lesson by knocking them off their bike - no warning - nothing ... posts the video on youtube and posts about it on a forum - then wonders why others suggest that they'll be watching out for him in the future ...
    Perhaps the Ducati rider should've thought about that before endangering the lives of others.

I have no sympathy for him at all and would probably just shrug if it was reported that he was knocked off his bike.
  • Squawk
    Squawk Posts: 132
    If he doesn't get prosecuted for that footage then I'll lose all faith in the police. That's just ridiculous.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Horrid individual. A proper playground bully grown up. Deserves a public flogging.

Cyclist and PC were utterly pathetic though. I suppose the cyclist was probably shaken by the incident, so can be forgiven, but is SHE really supposed to be protecting us? (I mean the greater 'us', not the cyclists 'us')
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Seen the short version. Motorcyclist should never have been there.

But two things: do not like that cycle lane - spits you out into dangerous place. And was that cyclist on a phone?!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Scary the calibre of Police officers who are being put on the streets now. That one was frighteningly gullible and naive. They need to send her to somewhere a bit tougher than the Mall if she is ever to be of use to anyone........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    It's a curious state of mind to be able to do something like that and really not feel any empathy.

Bit of a psycopath, isn't he?