Accident, no help, poor show

2»

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Indeed, well done. That was entirely the right thing to do and I don't understand how people can justify not helping to themselves. If I did that I'd feel awful afterwards.
    I stopped to help a guy that fell off his motorbike near the car park at the bottom of Box Hill. He'd obviously broken his arm and the motorbike was on fire. I asked him if he was ok and told him not to move, put the fire out quickly so it wouldn't spread, then went back to attend to him. Lots of other people were there and they just stood there gawping. Traffic was at a standstill as he and the bike were blocking the road. Nobody else helped, fortunately I could see an ambulance up the road so had professional help very quickly. The only bystander that said anything said "Cor, your bike's f@cked!" causing the bloke I was trying to keep still to try and lift himself up to look at the bike. Fortunately the pain from his broken arm stopped him from moving to far, that wasn't very humerus for him.
    What hope is there when so many people are so selfish?

Great pun, suprised no-one else picked you up on that. :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Road race at the weekend - Front wheel puncture and lost control on the inside of a bend, into the gravel, into the bank, sprawling across the road. Thankfully the 50 guys behins all managed to avoid me as the pace had lifted somewhat and it was starting to string out.

The cars following the bunch, and most importantly the ambulance, saw fit to drive around me and continue following the race. It was a pretty big smash, but I couldn't help but chuckle to myself at the whole thing!
  • As is mentioned above I don't think this falls under selfishness, well at least I'd hope not. I have myself done a first aid course as well as a defib course. Truth is, I hope I never have to use any of the things I learnt.
    It's obviously something that I have thought about since doing the training, especially being a commuter and the potential of seeing an accident, but I have concerns over my own ability to "step up". More to do with the fear of doing something wrong, I'd like to think if I was needed I'd do the right thing, but I'll never know until I'm confronted with that situation.

In any case, top work BL
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Road race at the weekend - Front wheel puncture and lost control on the inside of a bend, into the gravel, into the bank, sprawling across the road. Thankfully the 50 guys behins all managed to avoid me as the pace had lifted somewhat and it was starting to string out.

The cars following the bunch, and most importantly the ambulance, saw fit to drive around me and continue following the race. It was a pretty big smash, but I couldn't help but chuckle to myself at the whole thing!
    So what was the ambulance actually there for? Surely it should stop until you are confirmed as OK at least!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.