Seatpost - Carbon vs Non carbon

2»

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    BigAl wrote:
    passout wrote:
    Well yes, expensive but good. You can get them for £50 quid though: http://www.merlincycles.com/thomson-eli ... 47612.html Which I think is OK when you think its not far off that for something distinctly average which won't last as long.

I've never worn out a seatpost :wink:

Thomson are nice, (I have one). But truth be told it was more about vanity than performance. And they're not particularly light, though they are strong.

I'd ask the OP - why do you need a new post? Better ways to spend £50 than on a new post. Depends on the rest of the bike as to whether it's 'value'

I've had to chuck 1 because it srtated to become loose at the head (after a fair bit of usage) & snapped another one. Both alu cheapies that came with the bike. I know someone else who snapped a seatpost whilst riding & ended up in hosptial as a result. Perhaps this has shaped my attitudes towards the whole thing...
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    DSC05948.JPG

6a00e398aeb836000401101810a04c860f-500pi.jpg
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You can find anything on the internet.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    That's photo shopped everyone knows Thompson is the strongest thing on the planet
    Unless you got some Kryptonite on it
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap