Meetings with bank and insurance company today - living the dream

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    If they've got any spare money ask them to send me some :wink:
    matthew h wrote:
    Meetings with bank

Morning homos.

A successful evening competing with Stevo on the big girls thread was had until people started posted inappropriate pictures :lol:

Today will consist of work meh possibly with a run tonight if the shins are up to it :roll: need to ave a gait analysis done again but that'll have to wait until Saturday.

Anyway onwards to school runs and work.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Work, home, ride 40 miles, curry!

Woooooo
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Dog owners that have their dogs on those long leads in Nonsuch Park, they walk one side of the path the dog bimbles along the other side, loads of room down the middle only to find your way is blocked by a nylon cable. Poochy almost ended up a goner this morning.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    simonhead wrote:
    Dog owners that have their dogs on those long leads in Nonsuch Park, they walk one side of the path the dog bimbles along the other side, loads of room down the middle only to find your way is blocked by a nylon cable. Poochy almost ended up a goner this morning.
    And the ones that walk on one side of the path whilst the dog is on the other, when they see a bicycle approach the numpties call their dogs. Obedient mutt then turns across your path. I like dogs, some of their owners leave a lot to be desired.
    Lovely day out there, about time too. I had to stop on the way in to let 4 ducks cross the road. They looked very pleased with themselves, made me chuckle.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    In a somewhat combative mood this morning, some tw@ has used the last of the milk, now we have a mexican standoff as no one will own up to using the last and therefore be the person that has to get more.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Bollox

not directed at you Simon
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Today I shall mostly be posting Bollox. Unlike my usual posts
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:

This is going to be like the good old days :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

This is going to be like the good old days :mrgreen:
    Bollox!
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Work, ride, pick up female foreign students*, snigger as son tries hard to act cool in front of students.

*foreign students are staying at house legally, all above board, no need to alert Operation Yewtree.
    Just don't tell the wife about the ones in the basement.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning Copycat Lycra Men

Farqed, goosed and trying to summon up energy to look after 'into everything' and 'shyty bum' after windy and very hilly ride last night.

...oh to be back in Eastbaaaaaawn and 18 years old with al those foreign students milling around Terminus road...

Tara.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    Morning Copycat Lycra Men

It took three days but we got there :lol:

seanoconn
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    need my double espresso and pain au chocolat to get through to lunch

Starbucks is not quite the same as sat being outside le cafe de flore, oh happy memories of the weekend
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525

...oh to be back in Eastbaaaaaawn and 18 years old with al those foreign students milling around Terminus road...

Tara.

Exactly where I am Pina, except I'm 40 :oops:
    My son is nearly 13 though and the students are 14, not sure he has a chance...
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    When attending school in Wombledon, a loooooong time ago, bollox was the official word on a school trip as decided by the teachers. Explains a lot it seems particularly prevalent in the Wombledon area.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    When attending school in Wombledon, a loooooong time ago, bollox was the official word on a school trip as decided by the teachers. Explains a lot it seems particularly prevalent in the Wombledon area.

Bollox is my mates nickname, as give him a drink and that is what he talks :)
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Bollox is my mates nickname, as give him a drink and that is what he talks :)
    I don't need the drink.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Which school? Wombledon College boy here
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    arran77 wrote:
    A successful evening competing with Stevo on the big girls thread was had until people started posted inappropriate pictures :lol:
    Oh dear, has anyone been hit with the ban hammer again? :)

Afternoon Tards, I see Pinno has finally given in and joined us :P This daily thread is getting more successful every day. Royalties payable to The Crudcatcher (TM)...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Boa tarde, pessoas loucas.

Spent the morning playing with bikes :D

On my lunch break now, coffee and then back on my head, tough life but someone's gotta do it.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:
    Boa tarde, pessoas loucas.

That turned out to be less rude than I thought :lol:
    team47b wrote:
    On my lunch break now

You can't call it lunch break when you've been doing feck all anyway :P

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Same here. I went to look at the school when considering schools for my son. Was amazed to see 3 teachers that were still there from when I was a kid.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Same here. I went to look at the school when considering schools for my son. Was amazed to see 3 teachers that were still there from when I was a kid.

Your son's not going to get a place now is he :P

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Really, which ones? Wasn't it a boarding school in the 60's?
  • veronese68
    No chance of my son getting in, luckily he got in somewhere else.
    Teachers I recognised were Mr Harrison, Mrs Breslin (I think) can't remember who the other one was. Although I think one of them said Mr Turner was back. He'd left to run a ski lodge when I was there.
    Don't know about it ever being a boarding school, I know it used to be in the village going back into the dark and distant.
    Bizarrely I was once accosted by a bloke selling the Big Issue on a train out of Waterloo with the phrase "I know you, you went to Wimbledon College". What do you reply to that? Seeing as I was pissed it was probably something inappropriate.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Teachers I recognised were Mr Harrison, Mrs Breslin (I think) can't remember who the other one was. Although I think one of them said Mr Turner was back. He'd left to run a ski lodge when I was there.
    Don't know about it ever being a boarding school, I know it used to be in the village going back into the dark and distant.
    Bizarrely I was once accosted by a bloke selling the Big Issue on a train out of Waterloo with the phrase "I know you, you went to Wimbledon College". What do you reply to that? Seeing as I was pissed it was probably something inappropriate.
    They ring a bell. I think Father Holman died. The same thing happened to me at Earlsfield station! A guy who was in my year selling the Big Issue, doesn't say much about the school, I didn't buy it, I remember him trying to borrow money from me before, bloody ponce. Paul Merton is the celebrity pupil. Do you remember the secret handshake? :D

I would conduct this conversation via Pm but its broken, so :P everyone.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    It's not like anything interesting is ever discussed on here, it's all bollox.
    With a school that big there are going to be people that wind up at all extremes. For every Big Issue seller there will be a success. That I remember at least one kid got done for murder, I remember he was a bit odd. A friend of mine was murdered when we were in the 6th form. There used to be big fights between us and Raynes Park High every now and then. On one occasion there was supposed to be a fight between the girls from the Ursuline Convent and Ricards Lodge on the common. A few girls turned up, but they wouldn't fight because about 1,000 college boys turned up to watch. :lol:
    Celebrity related in my year were Kenny Everett's nephew and Acker Bilk's son.
  • seanoconn
    The Ursuline and Slappers Lodge have had few battles over the years, ahh memories :D
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    They ring a bell. I think Father Holman died. The same thing happened to me at Earlsfield station! A guy who was in my year selling the Big Issue, doesn't say much about the school, I didn't buy it, I remember him trying to borrow money from me before, bloody ponce. Paul Merton is the celebrity pupil. Do you remember the secret handshake? :D

Oh, it was one of those schools was it, that explains things, were you in the choir :P

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Oh, it was one of those schools was it, that explains things, were you in the choir :P
    No but I did work in the Presbytery on a Saturday morning. The priest was a member of the Guiness family and couldn't spend his wealth on himself, so would lavish his fortune on us young pretty boys :D