Giro Stage 3 Armagh - Dublin *Spoiler*

124»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    BndmVWKIQAAzzB2.jpg

Would have made a better photo if it captured a Kittel left hook connecting with his chin.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Oh dear.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    What a dickhead.
    tumblr_n5hebvlqxv1qdw1kro1_400.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    What a dickhead.
    tumblr_n5hebvlqxv1qdw1kro1_400.jpg

C'mon guys, we have all misjudged things at one time or another.

https://twitter.com/davidmccarthy12

I have absolutely no idea how you pick one tweet out to post. I'm not even sure I know how to post links, let's see what happens...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    He probably didn't appreciate it at the time and it was a bit of a d*ck thing to do but from what I've seen Kittel has quite a good sense of humour.
  • tailwindhome
    You've pieced together how Nico, who earlier tweeted "Not very respectful! And definatly not funny!" actually knows the lad?

Arf!

Now, where's that thread dedicated to photos of exhausted riders?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Photo of the year!
    Half man, Half bike
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    Certainly disrespectful but given it's just exhaustion rather than a crash and an injury I find it pretty funny as would I suspect most riders?
    Obviously different if it hadv'e been Dan Martin lying on the N'ards road clutching his collarbone.
  • frenchfighter
    I wouldnt do it. Not everyone is capable of self-restraint in times of high emotion.

Not even sure how he was allowed to be there at that point?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited May 2014
    Ai_1 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    The Irish are just craaazy with blue I see.. Even the watch..

And Addidas..

and down vests..
    Yes we're all the same and wear the same clothes and colours.

Oh, do lighten up.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Alan A wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I think it's been a highly successful few days and wouldn't be at all surprised to see it repeated. The organisers get a few million in the bank, the host countries get a big out of season tourist boost and some boring, flat stages in bad weather got a far bigger roadside crowd than they would have in Italy.

I agree with everything, but in particular the bit in bold.

This weekend has been the most expensive weekend away I have ever had. Over two grand spent on ferries, 3 nights hotel for family, 3 nights baby sitters, giro T shirts for weans, cycling tops, hand clappers, petrol and many other assorted pink things, food, drink, wedding anniversary night out and the ******* wee-wee take that is the National Trust building at Giant's Causeway.

Our 2010 entire month following Le Tour was only £500 more expensive.

Thank god much of it is tax deductible because of the whisky tasting I did. :lol:

Ayy Caramba ! 2 Grand for all that ?

The Giro pack of tee shirt, Cap, Bag, Clappers and wrist bands were a tenner.
    We had a travel lodge 2 mins walk from the route for about £50 a night.
    Flights were £65 return.

Eating out was as expensive as you liked I guess - but hey - its not often the Giro starts so close to us eh ? A great weekend that we'll remember for years.
  • tailwindhome
    BnnZdAkIAAAcJED.jpg
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_n5futnZFDt1qz6ktho1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    Cillian Kelly ‏@irishpeloton · 18m
    David McCarthy won the A2 stage of the Suir Valley 3 Day yesterday (one of the biggest races in Ireland. He's the Giro Kittel selfie guy.
  • tailwindhome
    "We'll done to David McCarthy from NRPT who had secured a stagiaire with AnPost in Belgium till the end of the season. David took part in his first pro kermesse in Belgium today against a top quality field. David has worked really hard this year and has progressed immensely. Keep up the great work!"