Giant talon 2013

2»

Comments

• junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Wait and see how well the chain stays on , still got to shorten chain but haven't got my splitter around

Speaking from experience, buy yourself a chain guide now, you'll quickly tire of stopping to have to put the chain back on.... That is, unless you don't ride it on bumpy terrain ;)
  • Giantmatt75
    Giantmatt75 Posts: 149
    Will change crank at some point to a xt and xt shifter but that will only leave me the brakes and frame before it a whole new bike lol

Yeah think I will get a guide just to be safe , went 1x9 on my inbred and had a superstar guide that worked well
  • Giantmatt75
    Just bought a set of Reba sl forks so foxs will be looking for a new home soon :)
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    What's wrong with the foxes?
  • Giantmatt75
    Nothing , really plush forks but steerer is only just long enough and going to 15mm bolt through , also a bit more travel so I can give some real abuse
  • lappymatt
    lappymatt Posts: 331
    lovely bike and nice upgrades

what was involved in going to a single cog up front? just remove front derailleur, remove cogs and fit your new one?
  • Giantmatt75
    Yes mate , just unbolt what's not needed and change the ring , still have to shorten the chain but simple to do
  • Giantmatt75
    New token grips are here , the charge grips were too thin and caps were the wrong shade of blue
    C51381FE-338A-46BE-8248-7A051671E4BC_zpsgfk7sxwl.jpg
    And my Reba rl fork arrived
    8D5A50FD-1359-4805-AF25-222D4057409D_zpsgmhfeb8k.jpg
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Again, very nice, but you could have upped the travel on the foxes to 120 or even 140mm by removing a spacer or two...
  • Giantmatt75
    Yes I could of done but main reason was steerer length and 15mm axle :)
  • Giantmatt75
    Ordered a new front wheel today , xt 15mm hub ,dt spokes and mavic xm317 . Should be here by Thursday :) so hopefully will get my Reba forks. Fly out on holiday Sunday so wil sort rear wheel when I'm back
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Why didn't you just buy a different bike?
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Giantmatt75
    That would be to easy :) the parts im changing are being used for a build for my wife so I get the spec I want and she will get a half decent bike at the end of it