No PM's or user control panel

124»

Comments

• Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    Mine is working much better now, Jeff, thanks for the efforts to date. My log in is better than it was since I joined last year. Hopefully the bugs are getting sorted now.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Old_Timer wrote:
    Mine is working much better now, Jeff, thanks for the efforts to date. My log in is better than it was since I joined last year. Hopefully the bugs are getting sorted now.
    Good, thank you.

They are being fixed - going from beta->live helps, because there is a lot more urgency and therefore more resource available.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    00:35 Jeff and the PM's have just gone down again after the main backup
  • Old_Timer
    Down here,too. I had to do a convoluted path just to log in with getting stuck in those loops mentioned elsewhere. If I click on the login option I get the notorious white page and the Join icon gets me back to the Home page each time.

Gets somewhat frustrating, but I 'm sure you guys are pulling out hair with these continued problems.
  • Jeff Jones
    It's being worked on right now. I'm making no predictions as to how long it'll take to nail
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    It is working again for me now.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Old_Timer
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    It's being worked on right now. I'm making no predictions as to how long it'll take to nail

No bother here, Jeff, I've worked on bulletin boards and remember the days of pulling out hair trying to chase down bugs and such. Its doing well for my account now, and things will sort their selves out.
  • HellsCyclist
    HellsCyclist Posts: 122
    Its down again for me. Im not bothered about PMs because I dont read em anymore but the UCP can be useful.
  • bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 982
    Not working here either,
    my post was locked by the mods as they claim the photo was not an original, it is an original, better if they spent their time sorting out problems with the forum than locking, deleting post that they feel are not valid. very petty.
    https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
    Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011
  • Velonutter
    The PM system is down and that picture did not appear original as I had seen similar on other forums.

As for the PM system, we have no control over it, it is the dev team that controls that.
  • bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 982
    Thanks for your reply velonutter, the photo is mine BTW.
    https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
    Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 865
    Pm down for me too, frustrating
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Control panel and log on links not working for me. i found a way around it though by going through the beta site and then going through the link to join BR. Well something like that.

Just need to find out how to get into my control panel as i need to re-find an old thread of mine.

BTW anyone tried posting and ended up getting told you were a spammer and spamhaus.com has listed your IP address on their spammer list and you no longer able to post on here? Had that the other day on my phone after posting. thought it was to do with the fact I mentioned one particular brand of jacket (altura night vision evo in case you fancied trying to get blocked as well). It was saying something about having to stop all activity for at least 3 days on the spamhaus site before it automatically unblocks (perhaps). Somehow by leaving the site and going to a competitor for a while then coming back sorted it and I was even able to make the post that got me blocked.

Anyone else been labelled a spammer by mistake????
  • HellsCyclist
    HellsCyclist Posts: 122
    Bikeit65 wrote:
    Not working here either,
    my post was locked by the mods as they claim the photo was not an original, it is an original, better if they spent their time sorting out problems with the forum than locking, deleting post that they feel are not valid. very petty.

I agree. Even if the pic wasnt original its purpose is to show someone something. Unless it was a copyright issue or confidential etc, then I am unaware of any rules it could breach. On many forums I always posts pics, some forums even have a feature that allow you to embed pics via URLs.
  • Velonutter
    Bikeit65 wrote:
    Not working here either,

I agree. Even if the pic wasnt original its purpose is to show someone something. Unless it was a copyright issue or confidential etc, then I am unaware of any rules it could breach. On many forums I always posts pics, some forums even have a feature that allow you to embed pics via URLs.

If you read the rules, you must provide actual photos of the item, not copies or manufacturers
  • Logic.al
    Logic.al Posts: 44
    Pm's and Up not working here still.

Maybe you should see what Retrobike are doing right.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    It's all crumbling isn't it? Feels a little like new owners and job losses syndrome..... turning the hose on the residents over petty infringements while the house burns.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • nicklouse
    No, it has been a problem for a year or so. But now instead of just patching it they are actually trying to fix it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Jeff Jones
    An update on this: we're a fair way through figuring it out, having been working on it for the past few weeks. It's a slow process mostly because of how locked down everything is. Testing on a local machine caused it to crash but for different reasons, so we had to put some debugging code on live, which only happened yesterday.

The next time it crashes we won't restart it until the developer can get in and see the errors.

We've had this problem for a long time, but its frequency increased a lot this year.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • User Control Panel Down again. Cannot read messages. Just get a blank, white screen. This is the same on Opera, Chrome and my Phone. :roll:
  • nicklouse
    Cheers, people have been told and devs will be looking into it in the morning.
  • gds08
    gds08 Posts: 948
    nicklouse wrote:

Many thanks for your comments in my other thread which you cleverly locked so that no replies could be posted. Most useful as always except you didn't actually answer the question I asked. No worries though
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    gds08 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Many thanks for your comments in my other thread which you cleverly locked so that no replies could be posted. Most useful as always except you didn't actually answer the question I asked. No worries though

You asked 'what can be done?' - the answer is 'nothing', until it is fixed.
  • gds08
    gds08 Posts: 948
    Imposter wrote:
    You asked 'what can be done?' - the answer is 'nothing', until it is fixed.

I would have been happy with this answer from the Mod's but all I got was a smart ar*e reply and the thread locked to prevent any further questions, which didn't help at all.

Many thanks for your straightforward response.

Graham
  • Jeff Jones
    Morning all.

The ucp/pm system should no longer be giving you blank pages. This morning the developer was able to finally see what was killing it and has deployed a fix that should prevent it from crashing in future.

We won't count chickens just yet and will certainly keep an eye on it until we're happy it's a 'permanent' solution.

Apologies that it's taken so long.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • meagain
    Is my problem with the Wanteds related? On every other Board that I've checked, I "see" a Post Reply link top and bottom, including Sales. On Classifieds Wanteds I do not - and can't figure out any way TO REPLY! Strange.
    d.j.
  • nicklouse
    meagain wrote:
    Is my problem with the Wanteds related? On every other Board that I've checked, I "see" a Post Reply link top and bottom, including Sales. On Classifieds Wanteds I do not - and can't figure out any way TO REPLY! Strange.
    You are not in the classifieds group.
  • nicklouse
    Pm etc working again.
  • meagain
    So why was I kicked off?
    d.j.
  • nicklouse
    Everyone was months ago when the rules changed.