No PM's or user control panel

Comments

• richfoll
    richfoll Posts: 15
    Hi
    Don't know if i'm posting in the right place here but i need help accessing my user control panel - the link once i've logged in doesn't seem to work. I wanted to try and post a couple of items in the classifieds and understand i need to join the usergroup to do this. I've also attempted to join this from a link on the classifieds page but this will not open either.
    Any assistance appreciated.
    Regards,
    Richard
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    See the multi-page thread on this exact same topic, right underneath this one - the one titled 'no PMs or user control panel'
  • richfoll
    richfoll Posts: 15
    Thanks!
  • Moreyn
    Moreyn Posts: 124
    Cannot access messages! BR board sent me a message! I cannot access it. What's up?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Any idea what the problem is? I need to view a PM but haven't been able to for the past two days.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    declan1 wrote:
    Any idea what the problem is? I need to view a PM but haven't been able to for the past two days.

I guess if they knew they'd fix it :P

Still knackered though isn't it!!
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    It's been kicked and should be working again now. Let us know when it falls over again.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,834
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    It's been kicked and should be working again now. Let us know when it falls over again.

Still nothing for me :roll:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Still not working for me
    2014 Rose Xeon CW when its not raining
    2010 Dolan Preffisio when it is
    CAAD4 retired now and hanging on the wall
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Was working and then has stopped again.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Velonutter wrote:
    Was working and then has stopped again.

Have you tried pulling the plug out and plugging it back in :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    Still not working here either. Hope you can find the bug soon.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • Gerrard12
    Gerrard12 Posts: 45
    Haven't been able to read my message for 2 day's hop it's fixed soon.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Still no control panel, PM or 'view your posts' working......not had access since Friday (Ipad using Chrome and safari and PC using Firefox and IE)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Yup, worked briefly for me but is broken again now.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • HellsCyclist
    HellsCyclist Posts: 122
    Using Opera, cannot access control panel. Using Chrome I cannot even log in. Cyclechat.com or somethin will have to do.
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    Still no joy with IE or Firefox or Chrome, with either PMs or UCP, yet large obtrusive adverts seem to work perfectly.

C'mon,we all experience service outages, but in this case there appears to be no expectation management happening. Is there an expected date for a solution, other than we are working on it?
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    In the past it had been a quick reset and everything carries on.

This one? Who knows we will have to wait and see.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • blu3cat
    nicklouse wrote:

Really. :roll:

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Well I have no idea. Jeff thought it was fixed earlier.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    Same issue, trying to list my road bike FS. Trying to get rid ASAP to help fund a new HT...
    LOL road riding.
  • Stalin
    Stalin Posts: 208
    I can't log in unless I come out of the forum and go to home and log in there. I can't get into messages. I have one message but can't read it.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Its all a bit bu**ered, even links like "view my posts" doesn't work, or searches.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Really. :roll:

Let's be honest, the lack of communication is laughable.

I know it's bad form to quote ones self, but the Really was an "are you really giving me that as an answer to a complaint about expectation management" really, not a disappointment at the length of time.

So far there has been nothing other than half joking unprofessional replies in the forum. How about admitting there is a problem and posting something on the front page informing users of the current status?

Please, stop hiding and communicate. if it's going to take a week to fix, set our expectations.

*****Edit***** - Just managed to get into UCP and send a PM, although the lack of communication is still very poor. Search posts is still broken though.

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • Velonutter
    My PM's and control panel are back, is anyone else's?
  • janp
    janp Posts: 15
    Yep - all good here :) Thanks for fixing it
  • Velonutter
    janp wrote:
    Yep - all good here :) Thanks for fixing it

Thanks, but not my doing, I am in the same boat as everyone else when it goes down.
  • Jeff Jones
    Sorry, lots of things going on with the move to beta today but we're still working on this issue.

The band-aid solution sometimes works for weeks, sometimes for hours. And it is not quick to get actioned.

Obviously it's wasting lots of time to constantly apply the band-aid, but debugging what's going wrong is easier said than done. As of today we're a bit closer to finding out what's causing it. We're not there yet though.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    Thanks for the efforts, Jeff and Co., it must be a mad house with the beta change over, the sale from Future and trying to keep the forums running. This too shall pass.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • Jeff Jones
    Good! Let us know if there are any other problems with the site (yes the whole login process needs to be consolidated, that's on the go, lots more things to come in the next month too)

We have (at long last) just got a couple of clues as to what's causing the white pages. Watch this space.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports