Turbo Trainer

trappy666
trappy666 Posts: 39
Not sure if I've put this in the right area but does anyone have any advice on a sub £100 turbo trainer? I've not been on the bike all winter (as I've been too lazy) and by getting a trainer, I think it'll make me a little more motivated.

Comments

• supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    trappy666 wrote:
    Not sure if I've put this in the right area but does anyone have any advice on a sub £100 turbo trainer? I've not been on the bike all winter (as I've been too lazy) and by getting a trainer, I think it'll make me a little more motivated.

Buying a £100 turbo trainer will most likely put you off and if you're too lazy to ride outside a turbo won't help. I'd take a look at what is stopping you getting out of the door.
  • BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    My first motivational tip would be to search the forum. There have been lots of threads on this subject over the past few months.

As trappy said though, if you can't motivate yourself to get outside then it will be harder to motivate yourself to do it inside. A lot of people tolerate indoor riding as a means to improve their outdoor riding.
  • trappy666
    trappy666 Posts: 39
    I guess lazy was the wrong word to use. I have no issues in cycling outdoors but during the winter its been rubbish weather to cycle outside and this coupled with fitting in my studies for the final year of my degree has made it very difficult to get out and cycle 50-80km each ride.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    I wouldn't worry too much about what you have missed, I became a father in november so during november, december and january I didnt do the miles I wanted to. I used to beat myself up for missing sessions on the bike and got really frustrated with everything, but now I'm already quicker than I was last summer having got back to some consistent riding. Consistent being 3 times per week, 2 hard sessions of up to 2 hours in the week and a longer 3+ hour ride at the weekend when I can, all outdoors. Personally I'd just focus on riding, enjoying that riding and things will come together.