Switch sides with V-brakes

13»

Comments

• pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I've got a feeling miscommunication and misinterpretation has a part to play here
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    In what way? Seems pretty unambiguous to me - Twelly Smat is saying that he's been taught to always use both brakes exactly the same, and to adjust ones weight in order to balance their effectiveness.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    njee20 wrote:
    In what way? Seems pretty unambiguous to me - Twelly Smat is saying that he's been taught to always use both brakes exactly the same, and to adjust ones weight in order to balance their effectiveness.

Yep. And it has been very effective for me. I dont think theres any misunderstanding just disagreement. Which is cool with me.
  • njee20
    Out of interest, who taught you that? Just want to make sure I never use them inadvertently!
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Singletrack school. I would rate them very highly as would everyone I went with (twice). I am much faster, more confident and more controlled since doing the two skills days (6 months apart). Will be booking the next one end of this year once I have broken my Welsh trail centre virginity and my Gravity Enduro virginity this summer.
  • njee20
    Oh well, they coach on my local trails, I'll keep an eye out for them so I can see this technique in action!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    All this talk of which brake to use first, weight shifting, etc is pointless.
    Rubez is hardcore and brakes add needless weight. He just needs to drag his feet on the floor to slow down. In an emergency he can jam a foot between the rear tyre and seat tube, bmx-style.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009