Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB workshop & tech

Broken Spokes on Havocs

DCR00DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited April 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Morning all

Last Monday was at Delga practising jumping at the skills section. Good session, managed to nail the technique after a couple of hours.

Didn't notice anything wrong at the time, but on Sat, when i was about to change out my tyres for a ride tomorrow night, i noticed that the rear wheel was buckled. Upon closer inspection the wheel has lost two spokes as well as having a slight buckle in it.

No other damage to the wheels/tyres.

I've only had the wheels since Jan and they have only really been used for 2 months as the bike was out of action for most of March whilst i was rebuilding it.

They are Easton Havoc wheels, so they should be able to take a beating.

Lets be clear, i did case a couple of the doubles, but nothing major and nothing compared to the beating they took at Antur a couple of weeks ago

Reckon this is a build issue ? should i be chasing CRC for a warranty claim ? (I've already emailed them to see what they think)

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. These wheels retail at £700 (i didn't pay that), so i would expect better performance. The wheels they replaced were Superstar AM490s, which id had for 3 years. Never lost a spoke, true as the day i bought them, and they only cost £180.

:(