Advice on Garmin Vector set up Please?

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
Hi , I am asking this question on behalf of a mate, so if its not communicated too well, then please bare with me.

Basically he's having problems setting up the Garmin Vector pedal based system. to quote

" I just can't get the readings correct . I'm sure one set up correct will be fine . In the vector instructions you have to "set angles" I don't seem to be able to do this ??"

During a ride last week it showed readings of 75%-26% between right and left pedal when riding evens at 75% and this guy has got a near on perfect sausage on a watt bike.

I haven't a clue, I only use Virtual Power on the turbo, anyone know what is going on?

Comments

• ryvickers
    ryvickers Posts: 36
    Tim - I have Vectors. After installation has he sat on the bike and set the angles? His Garmin head unit should have requested he do so, when he installed. I take it he's using a Garmin unit (500/510 etc)? He should be prompted to sit on the bike, spin at cadence of around 75-85 whilst it calculates the angle units. Also he will need to calibrate the pedals before every ride. The vectors can be a little highly strung but once set up completely correctly, they are an excellent piece of equipment.
  • herzog
    herzog Posts: 197
    1) make sure pedals are installed at correct torque;
    2) older head units don't ask you to set angles - this is done automatically once cadence is above 80 ish rpm - if he's seeing a power figure, then is has been done;
    3) ensure batteries are not on the way out - towards the end of battery life, %s can be wildly off the mark.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    He s changed the batteries over from right and left side and tonight he's got 49/51% happy with that.

God knows why it worked but seems okay at the moment.