Fresh for 2014 S-Works SL4 Di2

Comments

• Aye, cheers all! Seems to be going well! I managed just over 100 miles on it yesterday at a healthy 18.2mph avg. with 7000ft of climbing so it's certainly quick enough for me! ;-)
  • A couple from today's brief ride. Overcast so the mango colour is more blood orange today! :)

IMG_20140503_165114_zpsy7vmrklr.jpg

IMG_20140503_165156_zpsfvwcqycx.jpg
  • theobrixton
    theobrixton Posts: 92
    Amazing looking bike. Congratulations. What is it about orange that looks so good on a bike?
  • Not entirely sure but it does! As the saying goes, bang on trend for the colour ways this year it would seem from the big S! Far better than the continually mundane trash that keeps getting churned out from all manufacturers, be it white, red and black or vice versa - including Specialized on their lower end stuff I hasten to add!

Let's bring colours back!

Will get some Praxis rings and get them whacked on soon.
  • ellotreacle
    ellotreacle Posts: 76
    Lovely looking bike,I love a bike that makes a statement all on its own and the mango definitely does that.
  • matig0l
    matig0l Posts: 37
    Top job! Looks great
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Whoah that is super cool, i'm loving the orange colour. Must be a blast to ride!
  • SkyFlyboy
    SkyFlyboy Posts: 24
    The bold orange looks amazing and the black components just set it off and stand out. A simplicity statement!!!
    2013 Focus Izalco Team SL SR EPS
    2012 Pinarello FP Due SR
  • Yeah! Incredible to ride. Responsive and true handling - point and shoot! Impressed with the Mavic tyres. Not an issue with them and I'd happily buy them again as an aftermarket product. Very grippy compound!

Subtle and bold statement all wrapped into one perhaps?! Not really sure on how to 'improve' on this at the moment. One thing I am 'pleased' about is the new SL5 is no different to the SL4 apart from the paint scheme and a single +1 digit numerically! ;-)
  • theobrixton
    theobrixton Posts: 92
    Not really sure on how to 'improve' on this at the moment.
    Walk away, it's done.

Bold indeed but not garish. Even the Mavic tyre/wheel logos, which usually clash with everything, actually look good on your machine.
  • Haha, yeah, pretty much! May look into some ENVE 3.4's.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice one...
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
  • SkyFlyboy
    SkyFlyboy Posts: 24
    Not really sure on how to 'improve' on this at the moment.
    Walk away, it's done.

Bold indeed but not garish. Even the Mavic tyre/wheel logos, which usually clash with everything, actually look good on your machine.

I agree not usually a fan of mavic and the yellow due to clashing but not on this build
    2013 Focus Izalco Team SL SR EPS
    2012 Pinarello FP Due SR
  • Spoke to a mate today who's hooking me up with some ENVE 3.4's at some point. Probably get a set of them as a bit of a perk and then sit back and wait for something new to be released! ;-)

I'll post some pics up if I change anything else or get some nice pics whilst out on my travels around the lakes.

Cheers.
  • aiwa_yamaha
    aiwa_yamaha Posts: 137
    Well nice. I'm looking to buy the orange frame and was looking for pictures tonight. I got the Mavic SLR wheels too so this post helps loads. Thanks.
  • No probs. Good luck in your frame hunt. I think this frame was a limited edition colour way according to Specialized. Cheers.
  • aiwa_yamaha
    I'm in talks with a brand new one from someone :)
  • There's a fully built s-works venge on eBay in the orange/black colour way if that helps?!
  • aiwa_yamaha
    Seen it thanks. Just looking for a Tarmac frame.
  • OK, good luck! Why not get the new 'tarmac' (*not SL5 if you ask Specialized!) ... There's some fairly whacky colour schemes being flaunted already - I spotted this one: (*Horrific!!!)

www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/ta ... c-frameset
  • aiwa_yamaha
    There is the 2014 for sale brand new same colour as your for £1500 which is a great deal so hoping to go for it
  • £1500 more than I paid for mine! ;-) Good luck, sounds cheap and you know the aged old saying about things that are cheap... Fingers crossed for you.
  • aiwa_yamaha
    If i get it i'll put the finished build on.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    New pics make it look even better! Brilliant stuff!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    that looks absolutely stunning.... I had a westfield in the same colour scheme, ahh memories
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • aiwa_yamaha
    I've spoke to the person and bought the frame. Pick it up Saturday :))))))))
  • Sounds good. Nice one! Yeah all still rumbling along nicely. Di2 working well! ;-)
  • aiwa_yamaha
    Where does your Di2 battery go??
  • That's a bit personal isn't it?! :shock:

Internal battery located within seat post and subsequently charged via front junction box.