Wiggle order: damaged carbon bike

13»

Comments

• Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    Curto80 wrote:
    I just did a google search of their address rather than their name and it threw up a few results with phone numbers. Might be worth a try if you can be arsed.

You could of just PMd the OP the number! Guess you couldn't be arsed :roll:

I have dealt with Amazon and Wiggle customer services. Amazon wins everytime.
    I don't use Wiggle any more, but i am sure they will survive without me :lol:

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/wiggle ... er.132315/

No numbers for Wiggle CS. Chap on CC got a person to contact him via phone using Twitter.

Good luck
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Doris Day wrote:
    Curto80 wrote:
    I just did a google search of their address rather than their name and it threw up a few results with phone numbers. Might be worth a try if you can be arsed.

You could have just PMd the OP the number! Guess you couldn't be arsed :roll:

No numbers for Wiggle CS. Chap on CC got a person to contact him via phone using Twitter.

Good luck

There were a few numbers and they were different so that wasn't a practical option :roll: . If I'd had known someone would get all menstrual about it I wouldn't have bothered making the suggestion
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • odessouky
    odessouky Posts: 264
    Dear all
    Thanks for all your replies, especially to the guys who are trying to help me sort this out.

Can will all please stay on the matter in subject.

I am NOT flaming or unhappy with Wiggle, and I a confident, after reading some of the helpful posts, that Wiggle will sort it out.

Everyone will have some kind of horror story with a retailer, no matter how good they are, so let's avoid this thread turning into a chronicle of bad experiences with X or Y retailer...

Let's keep it civil, and keep the helpful tips coming in...

Once again, thanks to all who took the time to read my posts and offered some good suggestions on how to go about resolving it
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Have they responded yet? This is day 3 ... If it were me I'd be visiting their offices in person right now!
  • odessouky
    Slowbike wrote:
    Have they responded yet? This is day 3 ... If it were me I'd be visiting their offices in person right now!

I received an email on Thursday asking for pics of the damage.

I had uploaded some pics in my orignal email.
  • Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    Curto80 wrote:
    Doris Day wrote:
    Curto80 wrote:

Good luck

There were a few numbers and they were different so that wasn't a practical option :roll: . If I'd had known someone would get all menstrual about it I wouldn't have bothered making the suggestion

Gosh how pathetic.

Stating that Wiggle has phone numbers (the ones that are no longer useable due to them not taking inbound calls)
    So you saying Wiggle has phone number that the OP can use was just to get attention?!

Guess from your comment about the female reproductive system, you must be a basic form of life.
    I pity the next female that has the misfortune to be anywhere near you when you have a tantrum,
    No matter what age they are.

Curte80 your truly a disappointment
  • curto80
    Jesus lighten up, it's a line out of the inbetweeners, used without reference to gender . If you're gonna start being rude to people (who are trying to be helpful) on a public forum, make sure you can take it back, otherwise don't make the comment in the first place.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Doris Day wrote:
    Curto80 wrote:
    Doris Day wrote:
    Curto80 wrote:

Good luck

Gosh how pathetic.

Stating that Wiggle has phone numbers (the ones that are no longer useable due to them not taking inbound calls)
    So you saying Wiggle has phone number that the OP can use was just to get attention?!

Guess from your comment about the female reproductive system, you must be a basic form of life.
    I pity the next female that has the misfortune to be anywhere near you when you have a tantrum,
    No matter what age they are.

Curte80 your truly a disappointment

With the bickering that you two are doing you'd fit in great in Bottom Bracket, come on over :wink:

None of this is much use to the OP though is it :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • curto80
    Ha! I did try that but I just got trolled :lol:
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • arran77
    Curto80 wrote:
    Ha! I did try that but I just got trolled :lol:

Just give as good as you get then :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Asking for pictures is pretty standard for online retailers, and 24-48 hour lag between replies is pretty standard although unacceptable in my opinion. I would ignore instant chat and make sure you reply to the email requesting pictures, with pictures (I assume you have done this). I would imagine Wiggle have taken a commercial risk using UK Mail based on price as they are not (or at least were not when I used them) a top draw courier and had quite a low standard insurance amount. Of course Wiggle could and probably should have taken out extended cover for bike deliveries

I would be really shocked if Wiggle do anything else other than replace the bike for you, it just will take a bit longer than you or anyone else would like.
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    Slowbike wrote:

With some mates, who perhaps had just come from the park after playing baseball and haven't had time to put their bats back in the car....

It's important to send out a strong message. 8)
  • slowbike
    Slowbike wrote:

With some mates, who perhaps had just come from the park after playing baseball and haven't had time to put their bats back in the car....

It's important to send out a strong message. 8)

Na - they can stay back - to start with ... ;)

Anyway - I used up my favours with those mates - with the organisers of the Etape Loch Ness! ;)
  • curto80
    That sounds like an interesting story!
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    Slowbike wrote:
    Anyway - I used up my favours with those mates - with the organisers of the Etape Loch Ness! ;)

Have they taken out the sweep team...?

:shock:
  • dayone
    dayone Posts: 12
    Curto80 wrote:
    Doris Day wrote:
    Curto80 wrote:

Good luck

Rather a idiotic thing to say!

Wiggle doesn't have a call centre, the phone numbers via Google are useless.
  • slowbike
    Slowbike wrote:

Have they taken out the sweep team...?

:shock:

What was that about not saying anything to incriminate myself? I'm not saying nothing ...

I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it ...

;)
  • curto80
    dayone wrote:
    Curto80 wrote:
    Doris Day wrote:
    Curto80 wrote:

Good luck

Rather a idiotic thing to say!

Wiggle doesn't have a call centre, the phone numbers via Google are useless.

Have you tried them all?
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned that the OP can return the bike under the distance selling regulations unless it was a custom build. This means any damage is completely irrelevant. He can just get a refund
  • Curto80 wrote:
    Jesus lighten up, it's a line out of the inbetweeners, used without reference to gender . If you're gonna start being rude to people (who are trying to be helpful) on a public forum, make sure you can take it back, otherwise don't make the comment in the first place.

I think that you forgot 'the rules' here. That is, it is unacceptable to make a remark that could be interpreted as being in any way 'sexist' unless it is denigrating men in some way. For example, it is 'sexist' to say 'Women are more emotional than men'. However, it is 'empowering' to say 'In comparison to women, men are emotional cripples'. Similarly, it is 'sexist' to suggest that female hormones may have an influence on behaviour (unless 'PMT' is being put forward as part of the defence in a court case). However, it is not 'sexist' to suggest that a man is acting in a certain way because he has a surfeit of testosterone! :lol:

Forget these rules and before you know it people will be getting all hysterical. :wink::D
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,121
    I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned that the OP can return the bike under the distance selling regulations unless it was a custom build. This means any damage is completely irrelevant. He can just get a refund

That's spot on. Don't think any of these ladies are listening though.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77

That's spot on. Don't think any of these ladies are listening though.

That's insulting to women Piña :P

seanoconn
  • odessouky
    Update:

I received an email today from Wiggle, Friday, Day 5, stating that UK Mail have accepted liability.

But because the damage to the box is so bad, after I highlighted that, I was advised a pretty lengthy solution by Wiggle:

They will Ship a new box to me.

I pack the damaged bike in the new box and get rid of the damaged box.

They will then book a courier to pick up the damaged bike in the new box.

I wait for a courier to pick it up.

Only when they receive the bike, they will ship out a replacement bike to me??

I emailed them about the time frame for this lengthy process, but haven't heard back.

Not impressed.

The least they should have done, especially that UK Mail has accepted their liability, is ship me a replacement ASAP, and on the day I receive the new bike, they pick up theirs??

I placed my order on the 16th, that's 10 days ago, and it looks by the time all this is over it will be another 3 weeks??

Entirely unacceptable in my opinion.

Surely, they do not intend to replace the cracked frame and bent front wheel, and send me back the same bike??
  • odessouky
    Asking for pictures is pretty standard for online retailers, and 24-48 hour lag between replies is pretty standard although unacceptable in my opinion. I would ignore instant chat and make sure you reply to the email requesting pictures, with pictures (I assume you have done this). I would imagine Wiggle have taken a commercial risk using UK Mail based on price as they are not (or at least were not when I used them) a top draw courier and had quite a low standard insurance amount. Of course Wiggle could and probably should have taken out extended cover for bike deliveries

I would be really shocked if Wiggle do anything else other than replace the bike for you, it just will take a bit longer than you or anyone else would like.

They will send me a new box, I pack the damaged bike in it, wait for a booked courier to pick up, and only when they receive the damaged bike, they will send a replacement...

Surely, they do not intend to replace the cracked frame and bent front wheel, and send me back the same bike??

As a massive online retailer, I thought the least they would do is ship a new replacement ASAP, and pick up the damaged bike when the new one arrives?

Shouldn't that be the least they can do?
  • chrisgal
    chrisgal Posts: 130
    I think I would just tell them to not bother sending a new box but come and collect the damaged box with the damaged bike inside and when they receive it refund you immediately. I have always generally had good dealings with Wiggle but it's when things go wrong that the true colours show. This has just been a farce!!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,121
    chrisgal wrote:
    I think I would just tell them to not bother sending a new box but come and collect the damaged box with the damaged bike inside and when they receive it refund you immediately. I have always generally had good dealings with Wiggle but it's when things go wrong that the true colours show. This has just been a farce!!

...and you need some marijuana.

Wiggle are a good company and I don't see any problem just yet. It has not taken long (a few days) and they want to look at the bike before a refund. What's the problem?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    odessouky wrote:
    Please, can someone lend this fecker a bike for a little while or something that is inflatable?

come again...??

oh...you are soo funny...

:lol:

Ignore him, we all do :P

seanoconn
This discussion has been closed.