Wiggle order: damaged carbon bike

Comments

• top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    odessouky wrote:
    It's just very frustrating that 3 days later, and after contacting customer support 3 times, I have not received a PERSONALISED response...

You've bought online from a retailer selling 250 bikes a week and expect a personalised response? I'd suggest lowering your expectations a bit.

Have you ever bought a bike from a bike shop that you've had issues with?

I've bought bikes from a bike shop and also online...dealing with the shop staff was a painful experience and the online experience was far better. Whats your point about the bike shop?

As experienced, I've had better attention and advice from Wiggle staff than some of the bike shops I've been in so I don't see problems as a LBS V online retailer issue. I find it more plausible that Wiggle are first making some form of inquiry with the courier than ignoring the OP.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    You know I'm amazed at some of the stupid responses on this topic.

The lad asked for a little advice and got some stupid responses about his carpet and shoes and then slagged for not getting a personalised response.

If you can't be bothered to offer sensible suggestions then don't reply at all, it is a waste of everyone's time and totally unnecessary. I've removed those responses.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    OP - please be patient with this. IME Wiggle offer some of the best customer service in online retail. I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

Word of warning (and I'm in no way saying you're guilty of this here!). Be careful when posting on here about the status/events relating to your 'case' with Wiggle, e.g; don't go flaming them on a forum when they haven't had enough time to take the appropriate action and provide adequate responses. It's been done before and it certainly didn't help peoples causes. Wiggle do monitor forums!

Good luck!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I understand your frustration but three days is not an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a response, hope you get a reply by friday though :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    jordan_217 wrote:
    OP - please be patient with this. IME Wiggle offer some of the best customer service in online retail. I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

Word of warning (and I'm in no way saying you're guilty of this here!). Be careful when posting on here about the status/events relating to your 'case' with Wiggle, e.g; don't go flaming them on a forum when they haven't had enough time to take the appropriate action and provide adequate responses. It's been done before and it certainly didn't help peoples causes. Wiggle do monitor forums!

Good luck!

Aye, this indeed. Wiggle are a huge retailer, and must certainly deal with dozens of complaints a day. It will get resolved, but it's unrealistic to expect a response (well resolution) within 48 hours. Maybe it shouldn't be, but it is. The message will have been passed on - but remember it's Easter hols time (especially for those without kids) so staffing will have been disrupted as well. Good luck with the replacement - but it may be that they will want to assess the damage before sending out another.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    team47b wrote:
    I understand your frustration but three days is not an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a response, hope you get a reply by friday though :D

Actually - I disagree slightly ...
    I've not had a problem with Wiggle customer service myself. However, if I'd received a damaged bike and reported it via the website or email (with no number available) then I'd expect a pretty quick response back - not a resolve, but someone knowledgeable who details the process that will be undertaken to reach a resolve.

It's the period of not knowing that is not nice.

Garmin manage to run a UK customer service centre that take calls and the times I've used them I've had resolves there and then. GoPro customer service came back to me within 1 business day.

I work for a company that prides itself on customer service - and that's not achieved by making customers wait. I still have no doubt that Wiggle will resolve the issue, but perhaps they could look to improve their response times. If the response time is so long because of the number of calls they're dealing with then they should look at why that is.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I suspect that the slow response is not unique to Wiggle, I've had a similar issue with another large well known internet retailer, as others have said these people sell massive quantities of bikes and bits every week and the thing that often gives as a consequence is customer service.

I'm sure Wiggle will resolve this though :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Slowbike wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I've not had a problem with Wiggle customer service myself. However, if I'd received a damaged bike and reported it via the website or email (with no number available) then I'd expect a pretty quick response back - not a resolve, but someone knowledgeable who details the process that will be undertaken to reach a resolve.

Garmin manage to run a UK customer service centre that take calls and the times I've used them I've had resolves there and then. GoPro customer service came back to me within 1 business day.

I work for a company that prides itself on customer service - and that's not achieved by making customers wait. I still have no doubt that Wiggle will resolve the issue, but perhaps they could look to improve their response times. If the response time is so long because of the number of calls they're dealing with then they should look at why that is.

Agreed.

I work in customer services and we provide a relevant response within 2 hours of the incident being reported.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • If Wiggle do in fact monitor forums then perhaps I can pass on a request?

Can you please stop using UK Mail for next day deliveries. Parcels left on random neighbours doorsteps and in porches is never a good start. UK Mail have actually stolen items from me in the past and then delivered them weeks later once I'd got the police involved.

Worst courier company ever.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I have once needed to use Wiggle customer services and the experience was one I wouldn't want to repeat.

My experience with the main retail side, their pricing and stock levels means I am happy to carry on using them. I always pray that nothing goes wrong, though.

Give them a few days and they will sort things out. It isn't too hard to find their phone numbers, if you do a bit of detective work.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • To answer the original post, I am sure Wiggle will sort this out, you have good photo evidence and a perfect explanation to what has happened.

To those stating give them time, you should really have an answer with in a few hours to say we are dealing with this, and will be back to you within say 24hours with a formal response, and they should be back in that time, even if its not the definitive answer. Customer service is not rocket science, unfortunately it proves difficult to understand for some employees and organisations, Wiggle have a reputation to show, and will work hard for it (I hope).

I find Wiggle pretty efficient, for small items, but I have ordered 2 bikes from stock before... only for them to be still sat at the initial processing stage for 5-7 days, then cancelled and gone elsewhere. So never dealt with a package from them, only jiffy bags, but they deliver super quick.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    If you seem to be getting nowhere just ask to speak to a manager and calmly explain the situation. Then see what they say, take their full name and agree when (time/date) they will call you back. This makes a person in a management role responsible for sorting your issue out. If they fail again ask to speak to their manager.

The main thing is to be calm but firm and be very clear what you want. The mistake people make is not being clear what they want and just venting at people.

Hope that helps.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    my immediate reaction when seeing this thread was "wiggle will sort it out" - they have always been excellent with me

bear in mind it is the week after Easter. lots of businesses are short-staffed this week
  • odessouky
    odessouky Posts: 264
    Update

Thursday

Wiggle emailed me today, apologized for the inconvenience, and asked for pics of the damage to box and bike, so that they can log a claim against UK Mail.

I was at work and have no access to the pics I took, but I was surprised, as in my initail DAMAGED ORDER form that I filled in online on my account at Wiggle, I was asked to UPLOAD pics of the damage, which I did...

That was last Tuesday...and the staff on Live Chat acknowledged that she has received the pics of the damage...

Not very reassuring when, after a 3 day wait, someone finally gets back to you, only to ask for pics of the damage which I had already uploaded.

Anyways, seems like this will take some time...I am neither impressed nor disappointed....yet..

Just puzzled and frustrated...

Will keep you guys updated...

Thanks for ALL the responses...and I'll reply to each one individually when I have some more time...

==================
  • odessouky
    cedargreen wrote:
    Name and shame the courier company.
    This isn't Wiggle's fault, but they did choose the company in question to deliver their products.

Unfortunately, most of these companies are probably as bad as each other. Competition in theory leads to better service and lower prices, but in a field like parcel delivery it just means stupid levels of inefficiency with several companies delivering to the same address. The only way they can keep costs down is by giving impossible deadlines to underpaid staff who don't give a sh**t about your precious carbon frame.

In addition to contacting Wiggle, it might also be worth raising a complaint with the courier and telling them that you are in touch with Wiggle.

Good luck- and name and shame the courier.

===UK Mail===
  • odessouky
    odessouky wrote:
    It's just very frustrating that 3 days later, and after contacting customer support 3 times, I have not received a PERSONALISED response...

You've bought online from a retailer selling 250 bikes a week and expect a personalised response? I'd suggest lowering your expectations a bit.

Have you ever bought a bike from a bike shop that you've had issues with?

What's wrong with online retailers??

Have you bought something from Amazon before?

They sell products worth around £4 million A DAY, and ship something like a BILLION parcels a month, yet if I have a problem with an order, be it even worth £1, I can talk to someone about it within 3 minutes, and I get an email confirming there is a problem, and they will try to solve it.

Reassuring a customer within 24 hours of receiving a damaged item, a £1000 damaged item, is not very personal...

Don't you think?

And again...what's all this hate for Online retailers....and LBS love??

Everyone has different circumstances and different LBSs...??

Hope I've not sounded harsh...but Its even more frustrating when responses on the thread are more like: You deserve this....should have bought from your LBS!!

Well, my LBS is TERRIBLE!!

:)

Thanks for your response...
  • odessouky
    Velonutter wrote:
    You know I'm amazed at some of the stupid responses on this topic.

The lad asked for a little advice and got some stupid responses about his carpet and shoes and then slagged for not getting a personalised response.

If you can't be bothered to offer sensible suggestions then don't reply at all, it is a waste of everyone's time and totally unnecessary. I've removed those responses.

Thank you...

Just read this....

8)
  • odessouky
    jordan_217 wrote:

Good luck!

I haven't flamed Wiggle at all. If you read my posts, I have been mainly asking for help how to handle the matter, since there is no customer support phone line.

Every one asked for updates on the matter, which I am doing...

I know a damaged bike in transit is NOT Wiggle's fault at all, and UK Mail are to blame, but I am pointing out that they should have tried to just send me a reassuring email about the whole return/replacement/refund etc issue a little earlier...

No flaming here....
  • odessouky
    Slowbike wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Exactly....

I'm not saying Wiggle need to sort a replacement out ASAP...not at all...would be nice...but not my point...

My point is that I was left wondering for almost 3 days with no point of contact....
  • odessouky
    Kajjal wrote:
    If you seem to be getting nowhere just ask to speak to a manager and calmly explain the situation. Then see what they say, take their full name and agree when (time/date) they will call you back. This makes a person in a management role responsible for sorting your issue out. If they fail again ask to speak to their manager.

The main thing is to be calm but firm and be very clear what you want. The mistake people make is not being clear what they want and just venting at people.

Hope that helps.

How can I do that?

There is NO phone number available?

Thanks
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    EMail them back and ask them for a number you can call them on.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    odessouky wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

Good luck!

I haven't flamed Wiggle at all. If you read my posts, I have been mainly asking for help how to handle the matter, since there is no customer support phone line.

Every one asked for updates on the matter, which I am doing...

I know a damaged bike in transit is NOT Wiggle's fault at all, and UK Mail are to blame, but I am pointing out that they should have tried to just send me a reassuring email about the whole return/replacement/refund etc issue a little earlier...

No flaming here....

I'll highlight in bold just so you don't miss it this time. Want some salt and vinegar for that chip on your shoulder? I was trying to give advice…...
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • dayone
    dayone Posts: 12
    The OP is getting kicked becuase of Wiggle fanboys who are to busy getting on there high horses.
    The OP has only stated facts as they have arisen, no need to turn into a bunch of 'Drama Queens' because someone
    has had a disappointing time dealing with customer service.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I'm sure it's frustrating for you, but you have gone off on one to a few posters who were giving examples of how good dealings with internet retailers can be when compared to a LBS and not as you seem to have interpreted them.

Some of the staff are numpties and every organisation has them, but on the whole Wiggle are pretty good at what they do. You've just been unlucky in getting someone who has maybe assumed that like the majority returns for damage she deals with, you need to be asked for copies of any images you have before she's bothered checking the whole document. You can always mention this when Wiggle ask you to complete the customer feedback once the matter is closed.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I am getting pretty miffed with wiggle lately, over something that's frankly a tiny matter. I am basically being told I am wrong, despite knowing full well I'm not. I just want an apology, but it seems to be taking ages to get a satisfactory response. It's not good enough. I would use my lbs, but I work full time spending allot of time away from home and actually like to ride at the weekend rather than mess around in bike shops. So I use wiggle for convenience not due to price. I am just about a platinum discount member now, but I am disappointed at their attitude and time to respond.
  • Russyh wrote:
    I am getting pretty miffed with wiggle lately, over something that's frankly a tiny matter. I am basically being told I am wrong, despite knowing full well I'm not.

Sounds interesting, any more details?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • littledove44
    littledove44 Posts: 871
    edited April 2014
    I love buying from Wiggle if it is a simple item, in stock and no complicated options.

Out of those boundaries I have had several problems. The latest being that I emailed them several days ago with a simple question about something I want to buy. The item is nearly £2000. I have heard nothing, so today I will buy it from someone else.

Actually, they got a full day longer than I normally would allow a retailer to fiddle around before answering me.

You may say that I should have more patience and that they are busy because of Easter etc. but I do not care. These days there are fortunately many places that can supply our needs so customer service is a differentiator. If they cannot provide it I will simply buy elsewhere.

And I am a platinum customer, if that means anything. Clearly it doesn't mean they bother to reply to your emails.
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Just to repeat my earlier suggestion, if you feel you're not getting anywhere send them a tweet. Most companies hate dissatisfaction being put into the public domain for all to see. It's getting harder to get away with sub-standard customer service in this day and age.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    I just did a google search of their address rather than their name and it threw up a few results with phone numbers. Might be worth a try if you can be arsed.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Russyh wrote:
    I am getting pretty miffed with wiggle lately, over something that's frankly a tiny matter. I am basically being told I am wrong, despite knowing full well I'm not.

Sounds interesting, any more details?

Yes loads, but i cant be bothered to type them. Basically a miss-description on their website. Its not even for an amount of money worth worrying about £15 of bar tape. Its just the failure to admit they are wrong in a gracious manner and the lackadaisical response, just follow our return procedure. Which involves finding a collect plus store. The reason i use online retailers is convenience. I prefer to use LBS, however i don't have the time and when i do hey don't have the stock. The last thing i want to do after a bloody long week at work is re-package and item for return, then have to check that i have actually been credited. Massive ball ache, could of been resolved with a description which was accurate and customer service that was timely and not smug. They make a big thing about platinum discount scheme, but im not interested i just want an honourable, accurate courteous supplier that values my business, be it £15 bar tape or £5k bike. Almost an online LBS.......I guess i will get flamed for posting this, but hey at least i feel better having a quick moan.
This discussion has been closed.