Bruyneel's 10 year ban

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561

South Kensington. Practically Rick's neighbour (and more worryingly, not far from yours truly's abode)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Good, I hope this ban gets publicity.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Alongside the 8 year ban for Contador's 'trainer' Pepe Marti?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Here's the USADA statement;

http://www.usada.org/default.asp?uid=4580
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    hmm, much as I don't like him, watching the fall out from him throwing all the toys out of the pram and under the bus could be rather fun....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243

South Kensington. Practically Rick's neighbour (and more worryingly, not far from yours truly's abode)

Bumped into him a few times.

Always in expensive wine shops. Encyclopaedic knowledge in wine.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    He's probably on the Jacob's Creek Merlot these days.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741

Bumped into him a few times.

Much like myself. :P

Buys some en primeur this year, should just about be ready for drinking in celebration of his ban ending.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574

That's the thing. He might get a ban but he's still a millionaire..
  • rick_chasey
    ThomThom wrote:

Living in South Ken will burn that all up very very quickly.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    I'm sympathetic to his point regarding jurisdiction, but his failure to testify makes him look like he is guilty.
  • ThomThom wrote:

What income does a disgraced DS get?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    TheBigBean wrote:
    I'm sympathetic to his point regarding jurisdiction, but his failure to testify makes him look like he is guilty.

No need to be sympathetic - It was tested and the WADA code says USADA are well within their rights / remit to do this.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    TheBigBean wrote:
    He's guilty as sin and he knows it. Jurisdiction is just a technicality. Someone should of banned him, the precise national organisation is immaterial.
  • Richmond Racer
    Re the jurisdiction question, cross-border jurisdiction is permitted under the WADA Code. Its how CONI were able to get Piti, after all

And with this little line in the USADA statement 'Most recently, Martí had worked for the Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank team until after USADA’s case was initiated'

and as summarised by INRNG
    http://inrng.com/

....Bert and Riis have a few questions to answer
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Surely he realises USA has jurisdiction over the rest of the world
    - start wars where they want, use drones to target people where they want, kidnap suspects where they want and fly them in private jets to a prison where they want

Why does he think USADA should be any different ? :D
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I guess this rules him out of the Manchester United job then.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    National Security Agencies and banks, like many parasitical organisations, hire hackers to test their security systems. JB should be given a prominent role in compliance at MPCC or similar.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    I guess this rules him out of the Manchester United job then.

Gutted.
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    ThomThom wrote:

What income does a disgraced DS get?

A tell all book about Lance will sort out the next few month's mortgage. Just ask Tyler.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited April 2014
    ddraver wrote:
    hmm, much as I don't like him, watching the fall out from him throwing all the toys out of the pram and under the bus could be rather fun....

I doubt there will be much. He only has a 10 year ban from the sport; there's no ban from being a multi-millionaire due to the gains of his cheating, which have surely been inflated by his London-based friends who specialize in the managing of private wealth.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Again, the Kevin and Perry style squirming of 'it's so unfair' irks me. What these people don't seem to realise is firstly that there actually were people competing clean who were cheated of any chance of doing well or having successful careers. Secondly, that if you smear shit all over the best part of a decade of the biggest cycling event you don't deserve any sympathy, it's not being part of the sport, it's against the simple principles of what sport should be.

He is a w*****r.
  • bdu98252
    bdu98252 Posts: 171
    I am not sure that any of the services on offer on his website will be in great demand. His ability to be a genius of coaching is going to be called into question given most of the athletes were on drugs at the time of his great successes.
  • Richmond Racer
    mfin wrote:
    Again, the Kevin and Perry style squirming of 'it's so unfair' irks me. What these people don't seem to realise is firstly that there actually were people competing clean who were cheated of any chance of doing well or having successful careers. Secondly, that if you smear shoot all over the best part of a decade of the biggest cycling event you don't deserve any sympathy, it's not being part of the sport, it's against the simple principles of what sport should be.

He is a w*****r.

Kevin and Perry (of) squirming...I like... :)

As yes, he is a w****r. A class A one (appropriately enough)
  • Richmond Racer
    bdu98252 wrote:
    I am not sure that any of the services on offer on his website will be in great demand. His ability to be a genius of coaching is going to be called into question given most of the athletes were on drugs at the time of his great successes.

Johan is often regarded as a cycling genius, but his success actually lies more with his ability to teach, motivate and take people to that next "level," whether it be on the bike or in the boardroom. Johan's winning philosophy was first documented in his book, "We Might As Well Win." Now let Johan personally inspire your employees, colleagues, VIP guests and athletes! Available for appearances throughout the world, Johan will take YOU on the road to success!

:lol::lol:
  • rick_chasey
    So why is he so awful?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    He's dynamite on the male ego rub circuit.
    Magnolia+Still+(J.D.)+Cruise.JPG
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Johan is often regarded as a cycling genius, but his success actually lies more with his ability to teach, motivate and take people to that next "level," whether it be on the bike or in the boardroom. Johan's winning philosophy was first documented in his book, "We Might As Well Win." Now let Johan personally inspire your employees, colleagues, VIP guests and athletes! Available for appearances throughout the world, Johan will take YOU on the road to success!

I can taste the vomit rising. :?

Seriously who writes this stuff? Has the man no shame, or does having loads-a-money insulate you from shame?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    mfin wrote:
    Again, the Kevin and Perry style squirming of 'it's so unfair' irks me. What these people don't seem to realise is firstly that there actually were people competing clean who were cheated of any chance of doing well or having successful careers. Secondly, that if you smear shoot all over the best part of a decade of the biggest cycling event you don't deserve any sympathy, it's not being part of the sport, it's against the simple principles of what sport should be.

He is a w*****r.

Could you tell me the riders that Postal/Armstrong raced against that were clean and never cheated?
    Riders have been smearing shoot for a 100 years. Cycling has never been a drug free sport. I agree that it's not the principle of sport but I cannot think of one sport that has lived up to that principle.