Rich food

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited April 2014 in The cake stop
I have just finished lunch, I had globe artichokes in a tarragon sauce followed by a soufflé made with Stilton.

My lunch was considerably richer than yours :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I had a pasty. Who is the richer man here? Who?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • team47b
    I grew the artichokes and the tarragon, on my moral high ground :D
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I don't need rich food, I have a family which loves me.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    team47b wrote:

Ah, self made rich food.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    team47b wrote:

You must have worked hard to grow your own food. I it to feed your family :wink:
  • team47b
    MattC59 wrote:

:D
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    MattC59 wrote:

It's not just your family, Matt:

2252882.jpg
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • jordan_217 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

2252882.jpg

Red flagged and reported
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    jordan_217 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

2252882.jpg

Red flagged and reported

To a mod or to God?
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    giphy.gif :roll: 8)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    jordan_217 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

2252882.jpg

Good point well made :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    MattC59 wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

2252882.jpg

Good point well made :D

I thought the c**t version was a little harsh. A happy medium I thought :D:D
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    jordan_217 wrote:
    I thought the c**t version was a little harsh. A happy medium I thought :D:D
    How funny. I read it as being "see you next Tuesday" and didn't notice it said tw@t.
    I think this is more a reflection of me than any judgement of Matt I should add.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    I haven't eaten anything because I am spiritually full. I have also spiritually shagged so many women that I am oversexed. Spiritually, I have driven flying carpets and raced with dragons. All you need to do is imagine and it's there in front of you for the taking so don't have a go at me for being spiritually richer than all of you.

@ Velonutter - you need some sleep mate. That eye looks a bit red. Don't worry, we'll keep an eye on things while you have a nap.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    ....@ Velonutter - you need some sleep mate. That eye looks a bit red. Don't worry, we'll keep an eye on things while you have a nap.

I need more than a bloody nap after trying to keep up with the shite spouted on here, blimey it's depressing reading all your posts, are you all sex starved? :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I haven't eaten anything because I am spiritually full. I have also spiritually shagged so many women that I am oversexed. Spiritually, I have driven flying carpets and raced with dragons. All you need to do is imagine and it's there in front of you for the taking so don't have a go at me for being spiritually richer than all of you.

@ Velonutter - you need some sleep mate. That eye looks a bit red. Don't worry, we'll keep an eye on things while you have a nap.

:lol: You keeping an eye on things, that's like leaving Jimmy Savile in charge of a crèche :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Velonutter wrote:
    ....@ Velonutter - you need some sleep mate. That eye looks a bit red. Don't worry, we'll keep an eye on things while you have a nap.

I need more than a bloody nap after trying to keep up with the shite spouted on here, blimey it's depressing reading all your posts, are you all sex starved? :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:

A bunch of middle aged men with a penchant for Lycra. What do you think? :lol:
  • Where does foie gras feature on this rich list?
  • team47b
    Under inhumane acts against animals, force feeding using an enteral feeding tube or gavage, by French law, foie gras is defined as the liver of a duck or goose fattened by force-feeding corn...not posh :cry:
  • So if not force fed its ok?
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    it doesn't exists without the force feeding. It would just be duck liver otherwise.

It isn't very nice if you watch videos of the funnels forced down their throats into their guts and grain being poured down.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Well, that's not entirely correct. There are some producers who don't force feed - I think there are some in Spain.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    The French are an inch away (sorry 24.5mm) from banning the practice. Thank f*ck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The French are an inch away (sorry 24.5mm) from banning the practice. Thank f*ck.

My sister-in-laws husband is French and a chef, he really couldn't understand why the family kicked up such a fuss when he said he was doing foie gras for us all over Christmas :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Most people don't care because they think they are sub human.

The Geese that is, not the French :D
  • Monkeypump wrote:
    Well, that's not entirely correct. There are some producers who don't force feed - I think there are some in Spain.

Thats what I thought.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Monkeypump wrote:

Thats what I thought.
    Apparently there is a single farm in Spain, but I guess there will be others too.

http://www.meatinfo.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/16463/Spanish_farmer_produces__91ethical_92_foie_gras.html

I am guessing this is going to cost a bob or two at Waitrose.

And PETA manages to make itself sound utterly ridiculous with its over the top comment about this farm:
    A PETA spokesperson expressed its dismay towards the brand and claimed there was “no such thing as ‘ethical foie gras’”. “Plunging a knife into the throat of another sentient animal and then cutting out and eating his or her distended and diseased liver can never be considered acceptable, no matter how the liver is fattened,” he added.
  • team47b
    Mmmm diseased liver, nom nom!

Sounds appealing :wink:
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    It makes you wonder about the livers of people who pour fried food down their throats in roughly the same way. I'm sure if you could get chips down a funnel, plenty of them would.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • foie gras is despicable but it is one of the nicest things ive ever put in my mouth.

had to try it once when it was in on the menu in a las vegas restuarent i was in, so thats probably makes me doubly dispicable to most of you lot!