If Money No Object Which Private Aircraft Would You Have

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    I hope he took a taxi home after his drinks!
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    So really the best thing to do is to have someone else pay for the plane. Be it an airforce, a corporation or the fans (eg AC/DC, U2). The latter two options can then be offset against tax I presume
    M.Rushton
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    I am currently training for a PPL in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. I am not far into my training so don't ask me what I think about it, 'cos I haven't a clue yet. One thing I do know is that it would be difficult to fit a bike into unless it was a folder.
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    Cessna 172 Skyhawk

it's the biggest seller for a reason. I started on 150's and these . they are so stable and obedient, and the stall speed with full flaps is so low you could drop it into your garden .and the high wing gives you a great view out.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    I'd go for something that would fit bikes and mates in at the same time, that you can stand up in as a minimum, not one of those little biz jets like a Lear that you can't do all of the above in. A nicely converted 737 would do me, room for the bike workshop onboard too! Oh, and finally something that someone else would fly as I do too much of that already!

PP
  • Super Constellation. Something beautiful in all its gawkiness.
    800px-Superconstellation2594.jpg

DC3 fabulous too (OK - a bit predictable).

Nice thread.
    "Consider the grebe..."