Peaches Geldof RIP

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I don't see what the crack is with her.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    You need a good smack
    M.Rushton
  • arran77
    We'll weed the truth out of this eventually.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    And reach a speedy conclusion
    M.Rushton
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Apparently she was doing a bit of research for a new movie she was going to appear in.

She's a methadone actress
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I think yet more proof that drugs need to be decriminalised.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:

Why?

Decriminalising them would not have prevented her death would it so in this particular case why bother?

seanoconn
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    arran77 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Why?

Decriminalising them would not have prevented her death would it so in this particular case why bother?

Being a criminal act is the reason why drugs are cut with substances that kill.
    Its very minimal that someone dies of a true overdose (I.E) they took too much for the body to handle which then shuts down and you die. Its almost always a bad mix.
    Living MY dream.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    stop it, you're saying things that i understand and agree with, stop messing with my head man :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    arran77 wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:
    We probably need a third thread called something like 'Burn in hell xxxx' for all the heartless basterds who can explain just why x deserved to die and how they were essentially worthless scum.

Well I don't really hold junkies with the highest regard.

Totally agree, she chose that lifestyle so don't expect me to be bothered that she died. Sad for her family and friends none the less.

you're both c-unts. :lol:
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    VTech wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Why?

Its very minimal that someone dies of a true overdose (I.E) they took too much for the body to handle which then shuts down and you die. Its almost always a bad mix.

you know, i NEVER thought i'd ever agree with vtech, but..............

*goes for lie down*
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Why?

I'm not questioning what you say but if it was 'pure' heroin are you saying that virtually no amount of it would kill?

:shock:

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Clearly it would. http://www.erowid.org will have the specific ld50 doses for almost every conceivable recreational drug.

I assume he means the inability to gauge the strength of the dose leads to death. It is ridiculous that drugs are still illegal but that is because USA decided that it should be so...
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    VTech wrote:

u r right and wrong, decrim and then the state would have to provide the drugs, criminals would always cut the product to make more money, the celebs would nt want to be "seen" to be addicts, so where would they buy drugs?
    I admit that decrim would probably take away the attraction to new users though.

what annoyed me about this lass was all the stuff saying what a fantastic mum etc etc when it was likely she died of substance abuse, healthy 25yo's rarely just drop dead, great mum? load of rubbish, she knew what her own mums death did to her and has now visited that on her kids, to me she is just another (dead) selfish spoilt brat
  • arran77
    Lookyhere wrote:
    VTech wrote:

u r right and wrong, decrim and then the state would have to provide the drugs, criminals would always cut the product to make more money, the celebs would nt want to be "seen" to be addicts, so where would they buy drugs?
    I admit that decrim would probably take away the attraction to new users though.

what annoyed me about this lass was all the stuff saying what a fantastic mum etc etc when it was likely she died of substance abuse, healthy 25yo's rarely just drop dead, great mum? load of rubbish, she knew what her own mums death did to her and has now visited that on her kids, to me she is just another (dead) selfish spoilt brat

You'll be joining me and homers double on the c*nt step with comments like that :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    arran77 wrote:
    Lookyhere wrote:
    VTech wrote:

You'll be joining me and homers double on the c*nt step with comments like that :lol:

Got room for me?
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Lookyhere wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Got room for me?

Always room for another c*nt, its a bit like the naughty step by the way but a little more moist :wink:

seanoconn
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    sounds like my kind of step
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmate
    People who want to legalise drugs crack me up. It is usually followed by the assertion that alcohol is more harmful.
    Ask yourselves this. Which would you prefer your son to ask?

Fancy a pint dad?
    Fancy a rock of crack?
  • bdu98252
    bdu98252 Posts: 171
    Drugs are generally illegal as they dont have any social or economic benefit. People off their tits on crack are not the most productive and apparently it is quite addictive. So if hard drugs were legal and we get fags and booze levels of tax from the drugs it becomes a moral argument.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Ballysmate wrote:
    People who want to legalise drugs crack me up. It is usually followed by the assertion that alcohol is more harmful.
    Ask yourselves this. Which would you prefer your son to ask?

Fancy a pint dad?
    Fancy a rock of crack?

Luckily criminalising a whole load of drugs has made them really difficult to obtain so nobody bothers.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    arran77 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Why?

I'm not questioning what you say but if it was 'pure' heroin are you saying that virtually no amount of it would kill?

No but each person would know how many mg to inject, and since the product would be of the same concentration it removes another source of harm as well as no criminal interaction, clean needles etc. Many people can lead useful lives whilst addicted to opiates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stewart_Halsted) I don't suppose Sherlock Holmes counts.
  • ballysmate
    FatTed wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Why?

No but each person would know how many mg to inject, and since the product would be of the same concentration it removes another source of harm as well as no criminal interaction, clean needles etc. Many people can lead useful lives whilst addicted to opiates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stewart_Halsted) I don't suppose Sherlock Holmes counts.

Yeah, being operated on by a heroin addict surgeon wouldn't worry me at all. :wink:
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The legalisation of class A drugs would be like opening Pandora's box (behave Arran). It is well know that cannabis is a gateway drug, therefore to have open access to harder substances could lead to epidemic levels of addiction.

As we have already seen in the last 20-30 years with the increase in confectionery and fast food, which when I was a kid were a treat but are now for many the norm. Whilst I am not comparing, the mere fact that drugs are illegal is a barrier to their use for the majority.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Mr Goo wrote:
    The legalisation of class A drugs would be like opening Pandora's box (behave Arran). It is well know that cannabis is a gateway drug, therefore to have open access to harder substances could lead to epidemic levels of addiction.

As we have already seen in the last 20-30 years with the increase in confectionery and fast food, which when I was a kid were a treat but are now for many the norm. Whilst I am not comparing, the mere fact that drugs are illegal is a barrier to their use for the majority.
    They are already legalising cannabis in Colorado and no doubt this will extend to other states and countries. I heard that haribo are a gateway to Ben&Jerry's.

All criminalisation has done is provide organised crime with a great product line. I would love to hear a description of how the war on drugs has improved the lives of people around the world, especially along the Mexican-US border. I would highly recommend this short video http://www.cultivatedwit.com/projects/mexican-drug-cartels-video/
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    One more for the c*nt step, I didn't know, didn't care if she was dead or alive, just another dead smack head.

There are plenty more people who die everyday who are truly more worthy yet will pass without a single thought from anyone.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    WindyG wrote:
    One more for the c*nt step, I didn't know, didn't care if she was dead or alive, just another dead smack head.

General question (not aimed at you windy); did you all also think the same when Pantani died?
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    To be honest I didn't think anything when he died I simply wasn't bothered either way.
  • ballysmate
    WindyG wrote:
    To be honest I didn't think anything when he died I simply wasn't bothered either way.

What? You had no strong feelings over the death of someone you hadn't met and didn't know? :roll:
  • ballysmate
    nathancom wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

They are already legalising cannabis in Colorado and no doubt this will extend to other states and countries. I heard that haribo are a gateway to Ben&Jerry's.

All criminalisation has done is provide organised crime with a great product line. I would love to hear a description of how the war on drugs has improved the lives of people around the world, especially along the Mexican-US border. I would highly recommend this short video http://www.cultivatedwit.com/projects/mexican-drug-cartels-video/

Having watched the video, I fail to see how the UK abolishing any drug control and increasing the cartels customer base would have anything but a beneficial effect on their business model.

I know it will probably label me as chief kunt on the step, but I would be more interested in a video advocating the napalming of the bastards that supply this sh1t and peddle misery.