Tinned.

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Bob was known to dislike Mondays.

The older I get, the better I was.

• bdu98252
    bdu98252 Posts: 171
    Is there not some kind of quality of fame required for the RIP notice to be valid. I am thinking of starting to put up the notices in the local rag as this is probably more relevant to the general public. Has she achieved fame for anything other than shagging, taking drugs or general privileged background behaviour.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    On the news this morning they said her fans were paying tribute. I was wondering how she had fans as I thought she was just famous for being the child of two celebs but apparently she was a writer, model, presenter and journalist. This has somehow passed me by.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    The poor girl died ... and still the press pick on her hirsutism ... they should have some respect ...
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    Sad though her death is, especially in view of her age, I do wonder why it merited being the lead story on the BBC's 10 o'clock news last night.

It's a funny old world.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Zanelad wrote:
    Sad though her death is, especially in view of her age, I do wonder why it merited being the lead story on the BBC's 10 o'clock news last night.

It's a funny old world.

Given who her parents are/were, it was inevitable that a tragic story like this will be a major news story. What I can't understand is how Bob Geldof was in any fit state to give such a lucid statement to the press so soon after his daughter's death.
    If it was one of my girls, I'd be incapable of saying anything intelligable to anyone for ages.

RIP
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    random man wrote:
    Zanelad wrote:

It's a funny old world.

Given who her parents are/were, it was inevitable that a tragic story like this will be a major news story. What I can't understand is how Bob Geldof was in any fit state to give such a lucid statement to the press so soon after his daughter's death.
    If it was one of my girls, I'd be incapable of saying anything intelligable to anyone for ages.

RIP

Perhaps it didn't come as a surprise to him :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Ironically Bob's been unable to say anything intelligible for ages.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Pross wrote:
    On the news this morning they said her fans were paying tribute. I was wondering how she had fans as I thought she was just famous for being the child of two celebs but apparently she was a writer, model, presenter and journalist. This has somehow passed me by.
    Regular renaissance woman
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Zanelad wrote:

It's a funny old world.

Pretty logical really. The strange thing is why the media created her in the first place (in as much as that all she has done appears to be based on her biological automatic celeb status) - she seems to have existed purely to be Peaches Geldoff, Media Thing. Headlining her sad death fits in perfectly with that from a media perspective.

25 - not much of a lifetime.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Rolf F wrote:
    Zanelad wrote:

It's a funny old world.

Pretty logical really. The strange thing is why the media created her in the first place (in as much as that all she has done appears to be based on her biological automatic celeb status) - she seems to have existed purely to be Peaches Geldoff, Media Thing. Headlining her sad death fits in perfectly with that from a media perspective.

25 - not much of a lifetime.
    And sad for her kids to grow up without a mum. It seems that the media tries to portray the same stories at different levels of veracity, a little less scripted at each stage - Eastenders -> Towie -> JadeGoody/Peaches Geldof.

But then we seem to be entering an age where individuals only see public events as valid experiences. As above, we question why Geldof is able to give a quote so soon, but in all likelihood he has to take the choice of speaking quickly and getting some sort of privacy or keeping quiet and getting none.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I must admit its got me more than I thought it would...

I didn't know her...
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    random man wrote:
    Zanelad wrote:

It's a funny old world.

RIP
    Totally agree mate.

I will add, while Peaches Geldof IMO had no particular talent and was fortunate enough to benefit from having well connected parents, it is tragic for to die so young.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Pross wrote:

Passed me by as well mate.
    There again, I didn't know her...(Fill the rest in yourselves :wink: )
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Sill feeling it really (thanks for asking)... I found myself rejecting peaches (a tin of) tonight and going for the mandarins.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    You're all heart...
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Fame whore, even in death ... Stealing the Ultimate Warrior's spotlight ...
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Fame whore, even in death ... Stealing the Ultimate Warrior's spotlight ...

What a wicked cold hearted statement. Shame on you sir.
    Living MY dream.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Here's an idea, next time a 'Celebrity' dies, let's have two threads, and 'xxxxx RIP' one and an 'xxxxx is dead (not the RIP)'. Then the people who want to say how sad it is that someone they don't know has died can have a bit of a mope about, including any 'i can/can't imagine what it must be like' stuff.... then, the other thread can be free of that and just discuss the person who has died. That way, the empathising professional mourner types can have their communal hugs and the people who just fancy discussing what the celebrity was like can have a good waffle. Everybody could have their cake and eat it.

Oh, on a side note, I remember when they named her 'Peaches' as the first time quite such a daft name had been given by some Celebrities to their kid. Since then loads of others have been at it and in fact a totally normal/regular christian name is very rare it seems in Celeb circles. Her name definitely was memorable, which probably helped keep her in the limelight a little as when she was in the news for being drunk or whatever as they could say her name and people would know who was being talked about instantly.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    We probably need a third thread called something like 'Burn in hell xxxx' for all the heartless basterds who can explain just why x deserved to die and how they were essentially worthless scum.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I was pretty astounded that it was the lead story the 6pm and 10pm news the day it happened. I mean, even the best they could do to label her was 'Socialite'. What did she ever actually do other than slide out of Paula Yate's vagina?

Of course it's awful that there is a husband without a wife and 2 children without a mother, but really, this sort of awful stuff happens on a daily basis to people that have achieved much more in their lives than her.

I'm not saying that those mentioned above should be in the news, i'm just saying that the media are totally abhorrent.
  • bdu98252
    Life ain't all Peaches and cream. She ate too much cream. Boom Boom.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    bdu98252 wrote:
    Life ain't all Peaches and cream. She ate too much cream. Boom Boom.

You saying her death was cholesterol-related..?
  • bdu98252
    Seems about as credible as most stuff on this forum. But I am not a medic.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    bdu98252 wrote:
    Seems about as credible as most stuff on this forum. But I am not a medic.

I wouldn't let that bother you, I'm sure there are some on here that don't even ride a bike.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Heroin you say ?? Now there's a suprise..............
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    In rich media/pop world it's a perk of the job whereas for many of us it would be a jail sentence/dismissal etc
    M.Rushton
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Paulie W wrote:
    We probably need a third thread called something like 'Burn in hell xxxx' for all the heartless basterds who can explain just why x deserved to die and how they were essentially worthless scum.

Well I don't really hold junkies with the highest regard.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Paulie W wrote:

Well I don't really hold junkies with the highest regard.

Totally agree, she chose that lifestyle so don't expect me to be bothered that she died. Sad for her family and friends none the less.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    MattC59 wrote:
    Heroin you say ?? Now there's a suprise..............

and yet some misguided idiots will regard her as a "heroine"......