Tramadol causing crashes

2»

Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    The one thing thrown up by the question of the use of Tramadol in the peloton is that many riders are still prepared to take "something" if they believe it will enhance their performance.

Do we know this for sure? Tramadol is being mentioned a lot recently but does anyone _really_ know how prevalent its use is in the peloton? 1 rider, 10 riders, 100 riders?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Has anyone taken heavy painkillers whilst cycling?

I have*. Makes a noticeable difference.

*legitimately. Not racing etc.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138

I have*. Makes a noticeable difference.*legitimately. Not racing etc.
    Sounds like the amphetamines story again. :|
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    deejay wrote:

I have*. Makes a noticeable difference.*legitimately. Not racing etc.
    Sounds like the amphetamines story again. :|

??
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Not exactly the same but I went on an MTB ride 3 days after having got back from Skiing and I'd give anything for some EPO before a ride! It was like riding on air
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Obviously too much skiing and not enough boozing. I did the same 1 day after skiing and it was like riding through treacle.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    The one thing thrown up by the question of the use of Tramadol in the peloton is that many riders are still prepared to take "something" if they believe it will enhance their performance. The fact that this or any other painkiller is not on the banned list isn't the issue at the moment, it is the fact that some riders still seek (albeit legal, in this case) performance enhancement from pharmaceuticals. Some in the peloton still need to adjust their mindset further before we can truly say cycling is getting its house in order.

DD.

I imagine this figure is somewhere in between 99% and 100% when talking about products that are 'legal', and perhaps 98% and 100% on those that are illegal.

Just my tuppence worth, and none of it based on fact.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Delete
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Joelsim wrote:
    The one thing thrown up by the question of the use of Tramadol in the peloton is that many riders are still prepared to take "something" if they believe it will enhance their performance. The fact that this or any other painkiller is not on the banned list isn't the issue at the moment, it is the fact that some riders still seek (albeit legal, in this case) performance enhancement from pharmaceuticals. Some in the peloton still need to adjust their mindset further before we can truly say cycling is getting its house in order.

DD.

I imagine this figure is somewhere in between 99% and 100% when talking about products that are 'legal', and perhaps 98% and 100% on those that are illegal.

Tuppence is grossly inflating the value of your opinions
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

DD.

I guess we will see in time.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

DD.

I guess we will see in time.

I'm sure that given long enough compound interest will eventually lead to your opinion being worth tuppence.

:wink:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format