Ultegra 6800 or Dura Ace 9000

2»

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    philbar72 wrote:
    6870 is amazing. 6800 is very good. tried 9000 mechanical and yes its very good, but not twice as good. if i had the money, i'd get chorus or super chorus. exquisite.

Super chorus? :lol:
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:
    6870 is amazing. 6800 is very good. tried 9000 mechanical and yes its very good, but not twice as good. if i had the money, i'd get chorus or super chorus. exquisite.

Couple of rungs above Mega-Centaur, don't you know anything?!?!?!?!!?! :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • twgh
    twgh Posts: 102
    Where can I buy Super-Chorus? :shock:
  • DiscoBoy
    twgh wrote:

What you need to do, right, is go out and buy a Super Record (or Super Record RS) groupset. Then post it to me. I'll then send you a Chorus groupset. Et voila, you have a Super Chorus (or Super Chorus RS) groupset.

So, do we have a deal then?
  • twgh
    twgh Posts: 102
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    twgh wrote:

What you need to do, right, is go out and buy a Super Record (or Super Record RS) groupset. Then post it to me. I'll then send you a Chorus groupset. Et voila, you have a Super Chorus (or Super Chorus RS) groupset.

So, do we have a deal then?

But I want Super Chorus RS 80th Anniversary edition.....? Can you do that - otherwise I am keen my bike is gonna look so rad!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Is the Paris not a racing bike? Why buy one and then NOT race it? Or are you simply looking at showoff / bling? :?
  • foggybike
    foggybike Posts: 160
    dennisn wrote:
    Is the Paris not a racing bike? Why buy one and then NOT race it? Or are you simply looking at showoff / bling? :?

Because I like it.
  • DiscoBoy
    dennisn wrote:

So everyone with a nice bike should go racing? :?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    foggybike wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Because I like it.

Exactly.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

It's just a question. Why buy a road race bike if you don't intend to race? Just to have it? :?
    Why build up a race car and never race it?
  • DiscoBoy
    dennisn wrote:
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

It's just a question. Why buy a road race bike if you don't intend to race? Just to have it? :?
    Why build up a race car and never race it?

Because you can enjoy a nice bike without competing, obviously.

You think that everyone who doesn't race should ride around on triban 3s then?
  • foggybike
    Loads of people own "racing cars" and don't race them.

Most high powered sports cars are more suited to a race track but people choose to enjoy them as hobby. The majority never see a race track.
  • foggybike
    Is there always a shortage of group set parts? I have been looking to buy for a couple of weeks now and two site (the cheapest) are always low on or out of stock. I this normal or am I just buying at a particularly busy time of the year?
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Spring is traditionally the busiest time in cycling retail, so perhaps.
  • foggybike wrote:
    Is there always a shortage of group set parts?

I'm in the same boat... Looking for 175mm cranks and an 11-28 cassette.
  • foggybike
    harrijames wrote:
    foggybike wrote:
    Is there always a shortage of group set parts?

I'm in the same boat... Looking for 175mm cranks and an 11-28 cassette.

Merlincycles have that spec in stock for DA 9000 but they are OOS for brakes and one other item of group set.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    As an aside I've just changed from 105 5700 to Ultegra 6700 and although the shifters look almost identical they work much better. If 6800 is much better than that then it's going to be amazing.
  • I've ordered the OEM groupset form Merlin in the end, went for the 11-25 option but also ordered a 11-28 cassette. So.... you might well see a 11-25 cassette in the classifieds soon. Can't wait to put it all together! :)
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:

uber record. my bad.... :D
  • foggybike
    If anyone is interested here is the finished bike :-)

2014-04-30172347_zps00f37a98.jpg
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I love the DA chainset, looks nice, could live with everything else Ultegra. Nice bike foggybike, liking orange at the moment.
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    nice, was that an ex motorpoint frame?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Looks good. Does the DA feel like it was worth it over the ultegra then? I'm struggling with the same decision at the moment, I can afford the DA but at the same time if I bought ultegra I've got £500 that can either stay in the savings or go towards some other useful stuff (knowing me I'll probably spunk it all on Assos or something)... tricky decision!
  • foggybike
    nice, was that an ex motorpoint frame?

Yep it certainly is.
  • foggybike
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Looks good. Does the DA feel like it was worth it over the ultegra then? I'm struggling with the same decision at the moment, I can afford the DA but at the same time if I bought ultegra I've got £500 that can either stay in the savings or go towards some other useful stuff (knowing me I'll probably spunk it all on Assos or something)... tricky decision!

Too be honest, i'm still not sure. I haven't been back out on the Ultegra bike since I got it. But I wouldn't say so.