300 days of De Panne

Comments

• Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Modolo wins for Lampre, Kittell couldn't get to the front ...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Kittel totally boxed - struggling without a train.

Some Lampre rider takes it after swerving across the whole road :roll:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • That was pretty hairy, remarkable they all stayed up.
  • frenchfighter
    Kristoff the c-grade sprinter, like yesterday, doesnt really feature.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Kittel totally boxed - struggling without a train.

Some Lampre rider takes it after swerving across the whole road :roll:

Nah, Modolo's sprint was fine ... Not straight but far enough ahead of the next 3 to not be a factor ...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    Kittel had a clear run to the line with about 250 metres to go but decided to wait and got boxed in. Looked like a headwind so you can understand why he didn't go, but with such a narrow finish there was always a risk he'd get boxed in.

Solid sprint from Modolo.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Kristoff the Monument winning True Champion TM, like yesterday, doesnt really feature in this chipper.

Fixed. :wink:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Marcel Kittel ‏@marcelkittel · 41m
    Can't tell when I was the last time that disappointed. Felt as strong as Hulk but fucked it up. At least I didn't throw a bike again. Yet.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    He has no excuse. As andy said he had a clear line to sprint at 250m or so against a bunch of c-sprinters but bottled it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    He has no excuse. As andy said he had a clear line to sprint at 250m or so against a bunch of c-sprinters but bottled it.

C'mon, FF, be fair, he's admitted he screwed up. You saying it yet again is unnecessary.
  • frenchfighter
    Ha yeah I suppose so. He did a great job getting in G1 when none of his team did.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710

Mmm, the current season wins score for that "c" list sprinter is 5.
    One more than Sagan. Only Greipel and Piti have more.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross

He hasn't made any excuses, he said he messed up. Surely that's what he did? Even the best make mistakes.
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah good palmares this year Blazing. 8th MSR is great. 9th in the win rankings last year - for a lightweight team he was on id say that was also great. Id still rank him C based on who id put A and B but he is knocking on B door definitely.

Last year Sagan got 22 wins to top the table. Cavendish got 19, Kittel 16 and Greipel with 13 (same as Froome).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Marcel Kittel ‏@marcelkittel · 41m
    Can't tell when I was the last time that disappointed. Felt as strong as Hulk but farked it up. At least I didn't throw a bike again. Yet.

I'm beginning to like Kittel more and more. Seems to have a bit of personality.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    I knew it was only a matter of time until FF came round to Sagan. :D

Nice avatar
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Sagan DNF on purpose yesterday.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    tumblr_n3g24aiVWS1ropreyo1_r1_400.gif
  • frenchfighter
    Check out Kittel:
    161227_PIC449096102-crop.jpg
    SPTDW201-6.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Demare and Gatto not started?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Gotta hand it to Modolo, he's having a cracking early season
  • andyp
    Hesitation proved fatal again though, yesterday it was Kittel who waited, today it was Guardini's turn. Both times Modolo has had confidence in his sprint and won.

That said, he's going to get penalised if he keep changing his line as much as he has in the past two days.
  • frenchfighter
    Kristoff 8th.

Demare, Paolini, Gatto. Hoogerland, De Vreese DNS.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Terpstra’s presence at the race was a surprise for some, with most of the Tour of Flanders favourites choosing to skip the notoriously hectic race in favour of training and recovery at home. However, this is a race that Terpstra likes to return to every year. He had the advantage of not riding Gent-Wevelgem.

“I can rest when I’m home. I’m here to race,” he said. “(This race) suits me well. If I was a good climber then I would probably like to do the Alpe d’Huez or something, but this race suits me well and I can make some good results. The Belgian fans are really interested in it."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Just watched the last 6km or so. Kittel' team were on the front chasing down and MTN and 3M rider. Andrew Fenn was involved in a crash at 3km to go. More or less the same time there was a swerve at the head of the peloton and Kittel hgot knocked out of position and so was about 15 riders back. His team continued on the front. Lampre took over at 2km to go. Kittel was nowhere so I think he had given up after he got knocked off prime position unless he had a mechanical or puncture? A Lotto rider got wrapped round a post on the last corner (his wheels just slid out).

http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube ... gI&yr=2014
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    There should have been some padding on that last corner. It was a fairly dangerous finish as it was and the organisers should have done better to protect the riders. I was amazed Dehaes didn't crack some ribs on that bollard but he seemed OK as he (eventually) crossed the line.
  • dsoutar wrote:
    There should have been some padding on that last corner. It was a fairly dangerous finish as it was and the organisers should have done better to protect the riders. I was amazed Dehaes didn't crack some ribs on that bollard but he seemed OK as he (eventually) crossed the line.

pluis one - that could have been very nasty - can't believe at the MINIMUM the bollard wasn't padded - madness
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    Just watched the stage, prior to the ITT.
    The usual crash fest.
    Dehaes very lucky to escape a long layoff. Must be the original Indian rubber man.
    Ironically, it was possibly him (certainly a Lotto rider) who caused the Fenn pile up,
    with an elbow into the Astana rider.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Just watched the stage, prior to the ITT.
    The usual crash fest.
    Dehaes very lucky to escape a long layoff. Must be the original Indian rubber man.
    Ironically, it was possibly him (certainly a Lotto rider) who caused the Fenn pile up,
    with an elbow into the Astana rider.

That was Guardini and he seemed to over react to a bit of elbow Italian and Belgian steroptyping!
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Terpstra having an unclipping issue coming down the start ramp, my money's on overshoe/cleat interference.