Criterium international *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    So it seems Frank Schleck spends a lot of time looking over his shoulder even when he isn't riding with Andy.

Glad he is finding a bit form. Shame he can't find some for Andy.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I predict Sepulveda will be moving to a WT team next year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    For some reason my Sky box quit recording after 37 minutes, missing all of the climb.
    Caught up with the "Uphill track standing competition" elsewhere.
    Frank looking good and looking back.
    Peraud must have figured out he'd nicked the GC, not to contest the sprint to the guy who
    he beat by 1 second.
    Yeah, mine did that too :x So no first two stages then 3/4 of the last one. Great success...
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Well chuffed for JC Peraud. Especially after his heart breaking exit from last year's TDF.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114

I think you're right. He looks quite a talent.
  • frenchfighter
    “It was simple really. If Frank had won the stage and taken the 10-second bonus for it and I had finished third, it would have been curtains for me,” Peraud told L’Équipe. “So I knew that the stage was going to be tactical, that I would have to ride tactically, and that I would have to keep an eye on the seconds and the time bonuses.”

Peraud admitted Frank was the biggest danger to his hopes, but other riders could also have nipped in to claim the title in the right circumstances. “I couldn’t allow myself to be surprised by [Rafal] Majka, Fränk Schleck, [Tiago] Machado or even [Eduardo] Sepulveda. It was much more psychologically taxing than it was physically,” Peraud confessed.

The French veteran revealed he had even encouraged Schleck and Majka to attack in the hope that they would take the biggest bonuses on the line. “The pressure was there right to the line, but I was finally able to relax with 250 metres to the finish,” said Peraud, who succeeded Chris Froome as the 2014 race winner.

“It’s the first time in my career I’ve won a stage race. At 36, I’ve reached physical maturity and I know that I’m not going to progress any more, but I can still set myself some objectives. I also want to keep my form right through the season,” added Peraud,
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    andyp wrote:

I think you're right. He looks quite a talent.
    He was a stagiare with FDJ in 2012, so I could see him going there.
  • frenchfighter
    That would be cool - would be nice to see an fdj rider let loose on the mountains.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Like Geniez and Elissonde in the Vuelta last year?
  • frenchfighter
    andyp wrote:
    Like Geniez and Elissonde in the Vuelta last year?

Yep, can' t have enough of them! Quality stuff, especially the later. It's not the same with their blue kit though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Frank Schleck's wife gave birth to their second child on Friday.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    In case you were interested:

2010 Fedrigo 26:46
    2011 F.Schleck 25:15
    2012 Fedrigo 25:23
    2013 Froome 25:37
    2014 Frank,Peraud 25:32
    Contador is the Greatest