Nomad build - Moved to My mountain bikes

2»

Comments

• Tactica
    Tactica Posts: 70
    Changed the topic name. Deposited a down payment on a Stealth Black Santa Cruz Nomad 3 with RockShox Vivid Air!
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Tactica wrote:
    Changed the topic name. Deposited a down payment on a Stealth Black Santa Cruz Nomad 3 with RockShox Vivid Air!
    Nice bike, but why the vivid air over the monarch plus?
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    low speed compression adjust - help remove the mush of the falling rate ratio at the start of the stroke maybe :lol:
  • Tactica
    Cqc wrote:
    Tactica wrote:
    Nice bike, but why the vivid air over the monarch plus?
    Not much info on the new DebonAir version of the Monarch yet. Vivid Air is a solid shock and I have always preferred the feeling of coil over air. Vivid mimics coils better.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    So you just shelled out near 3k on a frame with no test riding at all?

Please tell me at least you have ridden a VPP suspension bike before i crawl into a corner and cry.
  • Tactica
    So you just shelled out near 3k on a frame with no test riding at all?

Please tell me at least you have ridden a VPP suspension bike before i crawl into a corner and cry.
    Heh, no need try cry. I have ridden VPP before. I owned an Intense Tracer 2 back in the day and I am familiar with Santa Cruz' too. I've ridden the old Nomad and the new Bronson.

I did some digging and found a pretty good looking option for the wheels. Didn't even come to my mind, but those new SRAM Roam 60 carbon wheels are looking really solid. Carbon rims, DT Swiss hubs, normal spokes (same spoke lenght on drive and non-drive side) and very competitive weight of 1570 g for the 27,5". 1000 euro cheaper than Enves.