Used bike choice

2»

Comments

• The bokor has 140mm Suntour Epicon air suspension fork with lockout & 15mm through axle
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Personally I'd take the Voodoo, but only because it's more suited to my riding.
    BR review of the Trek - looks OK. Fork is basic, but at least has damping.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... r-7-47752/
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I think I might go for the bokor as it hasn't been used and I like the look of it.

Do you think they are similar spec?
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    whats the year of the bokor? It is probably a very well specified bike, they usually are.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • It's this spec:

http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/voodoo/bokor--2011

On this frame:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -10-36920/

The guy worked at halfords and didn't like the white frame so swapped the bits over.
  • gone for the bokor

chuffed with it

thanks for all the advice
  • cooldad
    Finally.
    I don't think you'll be sorry.
    Now go and get muddy and crash.

Pictures with blood and/or bones poking out in Crudcatcher only.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I'll see what I can do... next purchase a helmet!
  • I have a voodoo hoodoo(last years model) with the same fork as the boker and I love it. I had a GT Avalanche 2.0 before that and the voodoo makes the rough stuff so much easier. Get that helmet bought A.S.A.P
  • I have the 2012 bokor which I bought brand new in the box for £375 & I love it apart from the white grips which I replaced,also put some marsh guards on,don't think u will be disappointed :)
  • I have a voodoo hoodoo(last years model) with the same fork as the boker and I love it. I had a GT Avalanche 2.0 before that and the voodoo makes the rough stuff so much easier. Get that helmet bought A.S.A.P

I'm really chuffed with the voodoo. Seems a really nice ride and looks awesome!

Helmet's bought and is in use!
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    I have a voodoo hoodoo(last years model) with the same fork as the boker and I love it. I had a GT Avalanche 2.0 before that and the voodoo makes the rough stuff so much easier. Get that helmet bought A.S.A.P

I'm really chuffed with the voodoo. Seems a really nice ride and looks awesome!

Helmet's bought and is in use!

The voodoo is a great choice as it works really well and looks the business so all we need now is some pics of the bike all muddied up ;) ..
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • Buy my Genesis Core 30 2011 vgc Deore disc brakes and rear mech - Alivio front mech - Rockshox Recon Silver TK front forks - Continental Mountain King tyres £350. Bike is in an Italian Blue. Can send photo to mobile.
  • cooldad
    andyenobs wrote:
    Buy my Genesis Core 30 2011 vgc Deore disc brakes and rear mech - Alivio front mech - Rockshox Recon Silver TK front forks - Continental Mountain King tyres £350. Bike is in an Italian Blue. Can send photo to mobile.
    Unless you want to live up to your name, at least read the thread before you post.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I did read the post. The Genesis was nearly a £,900 bike as new and is certainly better than those mentioned with better spec.
  • cooldad
    andyenobs wrote:
    I did read the post. The Genesis was nearly a £,900 bike as new and is certainly better than those mentioned with better spec.
    Er read but didn't comprehend?
    gone for the bokor

chuffed with it

thanks for all the advice
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools