What bike to instill envy!

2»

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    The only envy I feel is for those lucky / hard working buggers who have managed to retire early and can cycle whenever they want. I spend far too many hours stuck at a desk watching the sunshine go to waste outside :(
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    keef66 wrote:
    The only envy I feel is for those lucky / hard working buggers who have managed to retire early and can cycle whenever they want. I spend far too many hours stuck at a desk watching the sunshine go to waste outside :(

+1 !! :mrgreen:
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Italian, lots of chrome and at least 25 years old. Ideally fitted with one of those leather wine bottle holders you can get to fit the top tube, with a fine Valpolicella, of similar vintage. But, then the hard part comes, you've either got to ride it faster than anyone else, or wear cycle specific clothing (not lycra) that cost at least as much as the bike. Rapha will just about do, if you can't afford Paul Smith, and you'll need to perfect an expression of total contempt for any form of carbon fibre, similar to the expression you have when you've drunk one too many ristrettos. There are a couple of single speed and vintage cycle shops near me that will get you started, if you have around £300 for a pair of proper leather cycling shoes.
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    mfin wrote:
    Riding a crap bike past people on a more expensive bike is more often a better way to make people jealous

If you can tell exactly what kind of ride (and what stage of that ride) each of those people on more expensive bikes are partaking in, then you're talents are probably wasted in whatever you do and you should put those talents to better use.
  • Colnago Nuovo Mexico
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    mfin wrote:
    Riding a crap bike past people on a more expensive bike is more often a better way to make people jealous

I love chips - especially the twice cooked shoulder ones
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Something like my new steed. Van Nic Astraeus with handbuilt wheels. Heavier than my Storck with it Kysrium slrs but a real head turner.
    Brian B.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I tend to find it's big legs that instill envy.

QuadPowertm
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    jane90 wrote:
    GGBiker wrote:
    You can ride what you like but people will chuckle as you are passed by the guy on his Triban 3 who is fitter and trains harder (I would say this only applies if you've spent more than £1500 on your bike as any more than that is getting into bling territory).
    The real irony of this attitude is that, depending on where they are in their mesocycle, anyone following a proper, serious training plan is likely to be doing a lot of riding in their zone 1, ie less than, say, 150W for a lighter cyclist.

The serious and proficient cyclist is identifiable and garners respect at any speed.
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I tend to find it's big legs that instill envy.

QuadPowertm

There are plenty of girls on the high street who have what you are looking for...