End of Cyclismas

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    ddraver wrote:
    Can someone name the nasty people who screwed her over? Just need to have them for reference in case they pop up elsewhere. Thanks.

Real names. no

Twitter names include UCI Overlord obviously (Aaron Brown), fmk_rol, Frank Mercer....that's all i can remember actually, I didnt frequent the site. I think they re all pretty much out of the game now though

Dave Smith @ffflow
    @fmk_rol is Feargel McKay

They're both little sunny rays of human beings

Oh and Frank Mercer was one of Aaron Brown's multiple personas
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Cool thanks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128
    Can I just say that with all this nonsense going on, that it remains refreshing that this little corner of the internet remains (on the whole) a place where pro cycling can be discussed intelligently and without recourse to rancour.

Pat yourselves on the back.
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    andyp wrote:
    Can I just say that with all this nonsense going on, that it remains refreshing that this little corner of the internet remains (on the whole) a place where pro cycling can be discussed intelligently and without recourse to rancour..

Oi! Who you calling a rancour?
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • It was an ambitious and innovative concept hatched at the London Bike Show in January of 2013 – to sponsor a team of ordinary people who cycled to work as if they were a “professional” team of commuters and outfit them like a pro cycling team.

:D OMG..... .
  • Richmond Racer
    It was an ambitious and innovative concept hatched at the London Bike Show in January of 2013 – to sponsor a team of ordinary people who cycled to work as if they were a “professional” team of commuters and outfit them like a pro cycling team.

Quite. Last bloody thing needed.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    It was an ambitious and innovative concept hatched at the London Bike Show in January of 2013 – to sponsor a team of ordinary people who cycled to work as if they were a “professional” team of commuters and outfit them like a pro cycling team.

Do Rapha not do this already? Albeit of course with the commuters paying handsomely for team membership/

Strava is not Zen.
  • Richmond Racer
    calvjones wrote:

Do Rapha not do this already? Albeit of course with the commuters paying handsomely for team membership/

The commuters I see on my way into work in the morning in old London Town are mainly decked up to the hilt in Altura hi-viz that can be seen from Mars

Rapha tends to be saved for the evening or weekend rides... :wink:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,395
    :oops: my Rapha Quotient is rising rather too rapidly :oops:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:
    :oops: my Rapha Quotient is rising rather too rapidly :oops:

EXCEPT you fixie types :wink:
  • ddraver
    ha ha, still have nt got it yet! Stupid HR!!!
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Hmmm, Digger's twitter account has disappeared...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,564
    iainf72 wrote:

About time... it was spewing out a huge amount of bile and innuendo...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    iainf72 wrote:
    He got really aggressively trolled on twitter. He learnt the hard way that there's always a bigger ars*hole out there.

There were photos posted too, which shows where the anger may come from - Mr Dillon looks uncannily like Mr Armstrong.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    edited March 2014
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    He got really aggressively trolled on twitter. He learnt the hard way that there's always a bigger ars*hole out there.

There were photos posted too, which shows where the anger may come from - Mr Dillon looks uncannily like Mr Armstrong.

:shock: :shock:

EDIT: just to clarify, emoticons re his physical resemblance to Lance, rather than shock - or sympathy - at him being trolled
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Seems to have a similar problem with women in cycling - calling them liars, then repeatedly directly engaging. A truly nasty piece of work.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ddraver
    hmmm, again I struggle to sympathise
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:
    hmmm, again I struggle to sympathise

moi aussi
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,201
    Live by the troll, die by the troll.

Good riddance I say.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    r0bh wrote:
    Live by the troll, die by the troll.

Good riddance I say.

What goes around, comes around. Nice dose of karma. Good. Odious man. I must say I am engaging in a delicious helping of schadenfreude with my afternoon coffee.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,950
    Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters · 5h
    Just heard Digger has gone missing.... I know nothing, I swear!.......... "IT PUTS THE LOTION ON!!!!!"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Just because he was odious, there's no need for anyone else to be though?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Picking up dark web concern that he was VO2 maxed.

I suppose he was asking for it.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    The Twaliban have laid down their arms? Is it too early for this?

mission%20accomplished%20banner%2023423423.jpg

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited March 2014
    So, that Overlord guy is gone and now this one.. Who knows.. Cycling news on twitter might become bearable afterall..
  • RichN95.
    ThomThom wrote:
    So, that Overlord guy is gone and now this one.. Who knows.. Cycling news on twitter might become bearable afterall..
    It always bearable if you stick to following sensible people (i.e. journalists and only the cream of the internet (eg inrng & pelotonwatch))
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Doubt it. Always hated the thing. I always end up getting, for whatever reason, to know all the endless nonsense from people I'm not even following. Users should send their cv in the registration progress in order to be allowed to make a tweet... The amount of rubbish talk from 'normal' people who think their opinion matters in any thinkable way is baffling..

There are good things about it and I do appreciate the good users who provide good stuff regularly, mind. I just.. I don't know.. It can just be so stupid in there at times.
  • RichN95.
    ThomThom wrote:
    Doubt it. Always hated the thing. I always end up getting, for whatever reason, to know all the endless nonsense from people I'm not even following. Users should send their cv in the registration progress in order to be allowed to make a tweet... The amount of rubbish talk from 'normal' people who think their opinion matters in any thinkable way is baffling..

There are good things about it and I do appreciate the good users who provide good stuff regularly, mind. I just.. I don't know.. It can just be so stupid in there at times.
    The problem I have with twitter is the account I have isn't me by name - it's my hockey club - but solely controlled by me (and I have used it for personal reasons). So I have to constantly remind myself that I am therefore actually somebody of reasonable note in the world of UK hockey. Not always successfully. I got in a lot of trouble just before Christmas.
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    RichN95 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    It always bearable if you stick to following sensible people (i.e. journalists and only the cream of the internet (eg inrng & pelotonwatch))

This.

You can get all the Twitter pro cycling info you need by following about half a dozen accounts, of which I'd nominate Inner Ring, William Fotheringham, Dan Friebe, VeloUK, Brian Smith plus individual race accounts during that race...

Everything else is just guff...
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Twitter as summed up by stewart lee:

“a state surveillance agency staffed by gullible volunteers”

"Twitter is the Stasi for the angry birds generation"

kind of hits the nail on the head, its reactionary, non relevant for the most part, and in the case of some of these obnoxious trolls (uci overlord etc), a chance for them to say things that really don't stand the light of day. Most people i know that use it use it sensibly, but there are some folks that are out of control on it. they soon get found out.

I read this cyclismas thing once or twice, it was poorly written, by a vain and moderately offensive creature.

it won't be missed.