Canyon on its way (1 month early)

supermurph09
supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Had notification my bike has been shipped today, should be here Thursday unless UPS lose it. Wasn't expecting it until 22nd April so mightily impressed. Can't wait tomeet her.

Anyone else had good news! :D

Comments

• Mike__
    Mike__ Posts: 18
    Which Canyon?? I ordered mine a few months ago and have a delivery date at the end of April. Sounds promising that some are being delivered early :D
  • Great news, what model?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Exciting, let us know how it fits and rides, and basically everything about it :)
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    I'm expecting mine to ship late April too.
    No contact as yet but I'll be keeping an eye out!
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    Exact opposite for me. Getting frustrated. I ordered an Ultimate CF SLX Pro, with Record groupset and variations from standard for cassette and stem. The bike was and is marked as In Stock on Canyon website.

I was given delivery date of Week 8, a couple of weeks after I put in order. I have since been told it has been put back to Week 9, then Week 10 and now Week 11 (this week). Canyon email says they are experiencing problems due to changing factories in Germany and delivery delays are longer than expected. Canyon say they will include free shorts and jersey to compensate.

I just hope I get that much anticipated email this week to say my bike has been shipped.
  • ^I'd call them if I were you.
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    Good news indeed! I'm sure you'll enjoy giving a test ride over the weekend.

I'm still waiting for good news. Orders a Felt AR1 frame at the end of November. Not going to be here till mid April, so Canyon waiting times don't seem too bad to me!
  • supermurph09
    Miles253 wrote:
    Exciting, let us know how it fits and rides, and basically everything about it :)

I'll be sure to do that. CF SL 9.0 in Black is what I have ordered, arriving tomorrow, currently in Belgium. Just trying to get some pedals ordered now. Look Keo 2 Max Carbons, £79.99 is the cheapest I can find.
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    Lovely :) Mine arrived a week earlier than expected, only took 2 days for UPS tracked shipment to arrive. CF SL7 here, may be entry-level carbon for canyon but I'm delighted with the bike, a huge jump in terms of performance, quality and ride for me. Expectations well exceeded.
  • narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    I'm waiting for a CF SL frameset, due week 15.

Would be very pleased if it arrived early!
  • Absolute thunder*nts, bike I was going to order was week 17 now 22!
  • ai_1
    Arrival imminent! I'm at work!! :cry:
    It'll be a long day!
    Looks like you'll have dry weather for a test ride - what are the chances?

Mine is due to ship week 17. It'd be great if it ships a bit early too.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    So looking forward to hearing you guys ride reviews
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • supermurph09
    Yeah, just hoping the build up is easy, I'm not too handy with a spanner!! Should be ok......
  • mercia_man
    Glad the weather is nice for you to try out the new arrival.

Phoned Canyon UK yesterday and was told my bike is now in the production area and I should get the email to say it's been shipped within 48 hours. They say bike should be with me by middle of next week. Fingers crossed. Not getting hopes up too much as I've already been told three times that delivery had been put back to the following week. My wife and I were planning to get away for a few days next week. But I'll now stay home to await my new bike.

"Capacity issues" at the factory in Germany are blamed for "delays being longer than expected", according to Canyon's latest email. Clearly some models are getting through early. But others are being put back. I guess a change in factories for Canyon and a rush in orders for new season bikes mean they are having difficulty coping.

To rub salt in it, I spotted a mamil on a new looking Canyon taking off his jacket at the top of a climb yesterday when I was driving past. I almost stopped to ask him what it was like! I'll post a review when I finally get mine.
  • ai_1
    Mercia Man wrote:
    Glad the weather is nice for you to try out the new arrival.

Phoned Canyon UK yesterday and was told my bike is now in the production area and I should get the email to say it's been shipped within 48 hours. They say bike should be with me by middle of next week. Fingers crossed. Not getting hopes up too much as I've already been told three times that delivery had been put back to the following week. My wife and I were planning to get away for a few days next week. But I'll now stay home to await my new bike.

"Capacity issues" at the factory in Germany are blamed for "delays being longer than expected", according to Canyon's latest email. Clearly some models are getting through early. But others are being put back. I guess a change in factories for Canyon and a rush in orders for new season bikes mean they are having difficulty coping.

To rub salt in it, I spotted a mamil on a new looking Canyon taking off his jacket at the top of a climb yesterday when I was driving past. I almost stopped to ask him what it was like! I'll post a review when I finally get mine.
    Canyon seem to build and ship as soon as the parts arrive. So it's not necessarily just the frame although it's more than likely the hold-up. It could also be due to availability of groupset components, wheels, etc. Since Supermurph's bike is the same build as mine, I'm optimistic but we'll see.
    Regardless of the reason it must be frustrating when the dates change repeatedly. Hope it's worth it when you get it.
  • supermurph09
    Someone I know who was ordering a Rose was told there was a potential delay because of a shortage of Ultegra 6800. I wonder if thats the reason others have suffered from delays. Still at work btw! :x
  • ai_1
    Someone I know who was ordering a Rose was told there was a potential delay because of a shortage of Ultegra 6800. I wonder if thats the reason others have suffered from delays. Still at work btw! :x
    Yes I read previously that SLX 7.0 delivery dates were dependent on the Ultegra 6800 groupset rather than the frame availability. Don't know if it's true or not but it's possible.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Had my CF SLX 9.0 SL out for the first time this year at the weekend

it'll be worth the wait guys 8)
  • mercia_man
    Just got back home to answerphone message from Robin at Canyon to say my bike has been delayed for yet another week. Will ring tomorrow to try to find out what is going on. What a drag.
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    :( I feel for you, had a storming ride out this lunchtime in the spring sunshine on my CF SL7, 18 new PR's on the route, never felt stronger powering up long climbs, such a comfortable, agile machine :) 2 weeks old and nearly 200 miles under her belt.
  • supermurph09
    Will finish off the build tonight, but the frame looks way better than the pictures, impressed with how the wheels look too.
  • mercia_man
    Just come off phone with Robin at Canyon UK who is apologetic and embarrassed about the delays. He says the factory and production line have moved and there are "creases to be ironed out". He added: "People have been delayed much more than we ever anticipated." So now I've moved from Week 8 shipping on my confirmation of order to Week 12 with no guarantee that it will be shipped next week. In stock bikes are shipped within five days or order, according to Canyon website, so I feel pretty unlucky. It's starting to reach the point when I'll be considering whether to cancel my order.

Robin said it was not a question of my CF SLX frame and components not being in stock. Canyon just don't currently have the production capacity to build and ship it.

I asked about the outlook for you fellow forumites waiting for a CF SL. And it's good news. He confirmed they are ahead of themselves in meeting those orders. So you may get your bikes sooner than originally stated.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    That's strange cos of the reply to my 'how long will i have to wait if I ordered' question was 'There are NO delays on that bike as such. All dates online are accurate at this time.'

Hmmmmm ..... and this is on the same model as yours Mercia Man .....
  • mercia_man
    giant man wrote:
    That's strange cos of the reply to my 'how long will i have to wait if I ordered' question was 'There are NO delays on that bike as such. All dates online are accurate at this time.'

Hmmmmm ..... and this is on the same model as yours Mercia Man .....

I would treat this with a pinch of salt after my experience.

I ordered Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 Pro on Feb 8. My confirmation of order gave delivery in Week 8 (starting Feb 17).

At the end of each week, the date has been put back another week - 9, 10, 11 and now 12, with no guarantee but an offer of free jersey and shorts as compensation.

This model is still marked "in stock" on website.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    hmm, not a good situation ..
  • giant man wrote:
    hmm, not a good situation ..

IME person to person contact is the only way to get things moving.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • supermurph09
    She's built, she looks amazing. Pictures to follow. 8)
  • narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    She's built, she looks amazing. Pictures to follow. 8)

Come on, come on :)