Your fave SS jersey

2»

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Assos Mille - supremely comfortable and well made
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • fat_tail
    fat_tail Posts: 786
    +1 for anyone who mentioned TORM.
    Ridley Fenix SL
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    TimothyW wrote:
    Definitely not the answer you want to hear, but for the money these are actually pretty awesome:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-sh ... ens-636205

3 regular pockets and one zipped for £6.50

Only issue is that the neck is pretty low. Perfect for the commute I'd say....

In all seriousness, are these any good for a regular commute?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    This is my favourite one at the moment

http://www.morvelo.com/a-la-pedale-cycling-jersey.html

Got the LS version of this, lovely-looking jersey but the fabric tore where the top of the rear pockets are stitched in to the back on the very first time I wore it - top individual stitches were too high relative to the rest of the pocket stitching. Reported it to Morvelo who just shrugged and said they'd not had any other issues. Was a gift from parents without receipt (they misplaced it) and Evans wouldn't replace without it. Kinda put me off other Morvelo kit unfortunately.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Assos Mille - supremely comfortable and well made

+1
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    SecretSam wrote:

I have two because I wanted to see if I could get away with them.

They're not great, materials cheap and not overly comfortable. Not too bad in the summer as they keep you fairly cool.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    SecretSam wrote:

Completely fine. They will fall apart sooner or later (probably a bit sooner than most...) but then you can get a whole wardrobe full for the price of some jerseys. I've had a long sleever on weekly rotation since November and it has held up better than another amazon cheapie.

They might have them in your local SportDirect (I picked a couple up fairly recently), so have a look for yourself. Should be easy to spot the hi vis green....
    I'd avoid Foska like the plague, anyone for a bit of ADR or Vini Fantani?

What's wrong with the Foska's then? Half tempted to pick up one of the Pukka Pies jerseys with £10 off.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    TimothyW wrote:
    What's wrong with the Foska's then? Half tempted to pick up one of the Pukka Pies jerseys with £10 off.
    I think it was just that particular jersey to avoid.
    The 'I pay road tax' will either make a driver smile politely or think you're a cnut. I'd prefer that I don't give them those two options.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • meanredspider
    TimothyW wrote:
    Completely fine. They will fall apart sooner or later (probably a bit sooner than most...) but then you can get a whole wardrobe full for the price of some jerseys. .

So you can look and feel sh it every day :wink::wink:

Being a bit more serious, my expensive Assos gear has taken an absolute hammering over the last 3 years. I've ridden 35 miles a day in it then, when I've got home, I've stuck it in the wash (with the normal load), dried it over night and done 35 miles in it the next day. Whilst it's fading a bit now, functionally it's every bit as good as it was (very very good) and it owes me nothing and it's served me perfectly. Why would I think I was saving money buying a wardrobe full of cheap jerseys?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    fat_tail wrote:

Any more makes using Sportwool or other brand names for wool/synthetic mixes? I find that the blends last me a few days commuting without becoming 'aromatic', whereas the 100% synthetic tops are almost walking to the laundry bin at the end of the day.
  • meanredspider
    DrLex wrote:
    fat_tail wrote:

Any more makes using Sportwool or other brand names for wool/synthetic mixes? I find that the blends last me a few days commuting without becoming 'aromatic', whereas the 100% synthetic tops are almost walking to the laundry bin at the end of the day.

Shutt VR and quite a few others as well I think
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Not yet found one that is a good fit on me.
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    I just buy whatevers cheap, just picked up two Mavic jerseys (1 sprint, 1 relax for commuting) for £20 each reduced from £70;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavic/jerseys-cycle

:)
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • voodooman
    voodooman Posts: 183
    this - http://www.embersmerino.com/merino_cycl ... y_p244.htm

Bought it from the shop in Belper and as it was one of the first, it was a trial version and completely unbranded. And handstitched as a result. £40. Cheers.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    TimothyW wrote:

I'd get the "King of the Pies" one, but it wouldn't be ironic, just accurate :evil:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    The 2014 Vulpine merino in grey/red zips looks rather lurvely to me.

http://www.vulpine.cc/Shop/Mens/Merino- ... EY/ITM1093
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    edited March 2014
  • My 1996 Lotto team top
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • talius
    talius Posts: 282
    You could try the Domina Vacanza kit..... :shock:

http://cdn.cyclingforums.com/7/7f/7f889 ... ch3376.gif
    Merckx EMX 5
    Ribble 7005 Audax / Campag Centaur

RIP - Scott Speedster S10
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I really like my West Maui Cycles SS jerseys.
    IMG_5053.jpg
    Nice light fabric and a full length zip mean its really good for hot weather.
    A little expensive though as WMC don't post overseas so you'll have to fly to Hawaii to get it!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    My fave SS jersey? Prince Harry and Max Mosley might misunderstand that question... For me it'd be my Macpac merino wool one. Has held up well in the wash and feels nice.
    DrLex wrote:
    Here's a review of the Macpac, looks better in blue than my black one. Icebreaker do merino cycling jerseys, too, and they're great in my experience.