Are MTBs losing out to road bikes

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Let me Google that for you.

Concerned About Wind Turbines - durgh.

Yep, tried Googling and didn't come up with anything of use! I've never seen anyone use it, and LOLcat appears to have done it at least 77 times according to Google.
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    njee20 wrote:
    Let me Google that for you.

Concerned About Wind Turbines - durgh.

Yep, tried Googling and didn't come up with anything of use! I've never seen anyone use it, and LOLcat appears to have done it at least 77 times according to Google.

You can't argue with research like that
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Can't Argue With That?

ie Me too, Me too, Me too,
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • njee20
    ddraver wrote:
    Can't Argue With That?

Aaaah, that would make sense. Ta.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    An internet abbreviation that isn't an insult? OMGWTFBBQ
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    nope, on my way into work on my hard tail mtb i saw too guys on there way into work on new mtbs giant not sure the other one.

they certainly didnt look the road type of rider for sure.

I did laugh other night on my way home when a guy was riding a road bike down the muddy canal paths and looked totally out of his depth and i could go over the bumps not worrying if i was going to crack the bike frame or not.
  • njee20
    Grip and mud clearance are more the issues, I've taken cheeky shortcuts down bridleways a number of times on my road bike.
  • markhewitt1978
    If only there were a bike which was a road bike on the roads, then you could take it off road and it's a MTB etc ;)
  • markhewitt1978
    njee20 wrote:
    Grip and mud clearance are more the issues, I've taken cheeky shortcuts down bridleways a number of times on my road bike.

Same here, quite regularly ride gravel railway paths without issue. Just that cleaning the bike after is a pain, especially if it's been wet.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    CAWS in my industry is Common Arrangement of Work Sections as specified through the CPIC in the adopted SMM7 protocol...
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I come on here to get away from that kind of talk.
  • bennett_346
    mcnultycop wrote:
    As long as the lol'ing motonoob is here it wont end.
  • njee20
    mcnultycop wrote:
    As long as the lol'ing motonoob is here it wont end.

CAWT.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Russyh wrote:
    Correct. The statistics dont lie

Now that is funny. Government statistics don't lie. :lol: Do you still believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy too? :lol:

And you do realise that even minor injuries like a broken finger go into the governments "KSI" figures? :lol:

So let's get this straight then do you not believe the statistics in terms if numbers if deaths and serious injuries? If anything they would undercook the figures as they have road safety quotas to meet?

And why can you not just make one reply insted of five on the bounce....increasing your post count does not increase your chances of getting laid...
  • bennett_346
    Russyh wrote:
    Russyh wrote:
    Correct. The statistics dont lie

Now that is funny. Government statistics don't lie. :lol: Do you still believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy too? :lol:

And you do realise that even minor injuries like a broken finger go into the governments "KSI" figures? :lol:

So let's get this straight then do you not believe the statistics in terms if numbers if deaths and serious injuries? If anything they would undercook the figures as they have road safety quotas to meet?

And why can you not just make one reply insted of five on the bounce....increasing your post count does not increase your chances of getting laid...
    In fact I think it does the opposite.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    These days it seems that no one can get laid without going on the Internet. Back in my day, when you wanted to get laid you had to go to a nightclub and make a tit of yourself.
    Now you just get on match.com and create a profile based on what you wish you were like.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    These days it seems that no one can get laid without going on the Internet. Back in my day, when you wanted to get laid you had to go to a nightclub and make a tit of yourself.
    Now you just get on match.com and create a profile based on what you wish you were like.

Ha ha exactly this, I wouldn't know where to look nowadays.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Russyh wrote:

Ha ha exactly this, I wouldn't know where to look nowadays.

Either match.com or dirty-swingers.com or maybe cottagers.co.uk depending on your requirements.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    edited March 2014
    njee20 wrote:
    1) WTF is "CAWT"? You're the only person I've ever seen use it, and you've done so several times on this thread alone.

"Can't argue with that" - standard internet abbreviation, used by millions of people. Not my fault if you're just a bit slow.
    2) Why can't you type more than one response per post? The last 5 posts are all you, just put it in one post FFS!

Is that really all you have to whine about? You need to get out more. :lol:
    Can we be clear here - are you saying that road cycling is more dangerous than riding a motorbike?

For urban commuters yes, definitely (although much of that is brought on by their own stupidity and arrogance).
  • Kowalski675
    Russyh wrote:
    I also think that Kowalski is talking more about commuters which is a different thing again.

Tbh, I don't know who's worse - them or the mamils...

I know who's worse than both. mamobmso (middle aged men on big motorbikes, small obvious)

CAWT either. Luckily I'm not middle aged, have a middleweight motorbike and a considerably larger than average obvious. :wink:
  • Kowalski675
    Russyh wrote:
    And why can you not just make one reply insted of five on the bounce....

Because I can't be ars*d scrolling up and down, cutting and pasting and adding quote brackets and names, when i can simply just click on the "quote" button. If that really bothers you so much then you really need to get a life.
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Russyh wrote:
    And why can you not just make one reply insted of five on the bounce....

Because I can't be ars*d scrolling up and down, cutting and pasting and adding quote brackets and names, when i can simply just click on the "quote" button. If that really bothers you so much then you really need to get a life.(and if i did that my post tally wouldn't have skyrocketed to nearly 4200 in less than a year) lol

ftfy :wink:
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • bennett_346
    Some of us can, we're a rare breed though.
  • njee20
    edited March 2014
    njee20 wrote:
    1) WTF is "CAWT"? You're the only person I've ever seen use it, and you've done so several times on this thread alone.

"Can't argue with that" - standard internet abbreviation, used by millions of people. Not my fault if you're just a bit slow.

And yet you're the only person on this site of (I imagine) c10,000 users who appears to have used it. Weird.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I'd say it is because it could mean the complete opposite, by changing one word.

Can't Argue With That

Can't Agree With That
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    I'd say it is because it could mean the complete opposite, by changing one word.

Can't Argue With That

Can't Agree With That

:lol:

Or

Can't Argue With Tw@ts
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    BigAl wrote:

Can't Argue With That

Can't Agree With That

:lol:

Or

Can't Argue With Tw@ts
    or
    Can Always Write Twaddle
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I like to hiss at roadies in Lycra when i see them...

Personally I feel these days with traffic getting heavier and so on that bicycles and cars are becoming less compatible in terms of using the same roads. There are more idiot drivers about than ever before(and cyclists).

But the biggest thing to me is a human body competing with about 1.5tonnes of metal that can do 0-60 in under 10seconds.. Doesn’t matter how much you pay attention, if some monkey swipes you with a car it’s going to hurt and this puts me off massively as a driver and a cyclist. A lot of motorist don’t get the concept that they are driving a huge killing machine at the end of the day around rather fragile human bodies.

This is purely my personal feelings on cycling on road, and i don’t claim it to be the be all end all, but you have to admit it’s scary when a lorry comes flying past at 60 on a lane not giving adequate space!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I like to hiss at roadies in Lycra when i see them...

Personally I feel these days with traffic getting heavier and so on that bicycles and cars are becoming less compatible in terms of using the same roads. There are more idiot drivers about than ever before(and cyclists).

But the biggest thing to me is a human body competing with about 1.5tonnes of metal that can do 0-60 in under 10seconds.. Doesn’t matter how much you pay attention, if some monkey swipes you with a car it’s going to hurt and this puts me off massively as a driver and a cyclist. A lot of motorist don’t get the concept that they are driving a huge killing machine at the end of the day around rather fragile human bodies.

This is purely my personal feelings on cycling on road, and i don’t claim it to be the be all end all, but you have to admit it’s scary when a lorry comes flying past at 60 on a lane not giving adequate space!

True dat +1
  • bennett_346
    You guys must live in the city. Where I cycle i rarely even see a car for hours.