2014 Dauphine

2»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Multiple GT champions Contador and Nibali face off Froome and his boys. Good to see the best all in one race.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Multiple GT champions Contador and Nibali face off Froome and his boys. Good to see the best all in one race.

Dont you mean Nibali and his boys, and Contador and his boys, face off Froome and his boys?
  • frenchfighter
    No. Please look at the facts below.

Christopher Froome has won the TdF once. He has three top tens.

Niabli has won the Giro once. He has won the Vuelta once. He has 6 top tens.

Contador has won the TdF three times. He has won the Giro two times. He has won the Vuelta two times. He has two top tens.

So Froome cannot be classified as a multiple GT champion and still is miles away from Contador's status as the best GT racer of his generation.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    But no one can win without their boys - multiple champ or not.

Or are you suggesting that Nibali sans team or Contador sans team can beat Froome with team?

So really it is Nibili plus his boys / Contador plus his boys vs Froome and his boys, isnt it
  • frenchfighter
    They all operate within a team and may win without them but that would be a huge ask. As you know Sky rely on their expensive domestiques a lot more than other teams in stage races.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    They all operate within a team and may win without them but that would be a huge ask. As you know Sky rely on their expensive domestiques a lot more than other teams in stage races.

so you're trying to argue that it could be possible - 'though a big ask' - for Nibali or Contador to win a GT with no team whatsoever. Flying solo. Nada support.

:shock:
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710

so you're trying to argue that it could be possible - 'though a big ask' - for Nibali or Contador to win a GT with no team whatsoever. Flying solo. Nada support.

It's just FF's usual baiting of Sky followers.
    It's not as if Astana haven't spent a fortune over the winter buying in deluxe domestiques to fetch Nibs's water.
    As for Bertie, with Kreuziger, Roche et al; Yeah, right, a real cheap train! :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Contador has won the TdF two times. He has won the Giro one time. He has won the Vuelta two times. He has two top tens.

FTFY
  • Richmond Racer
    ^$$$choo$$$choo$$$
  • frenchfighter

Yeah sure, Froome would have a shot too.
    Contador has a lot of friends in the peloton so could hitch a ride here and there.
    He has already won the Tour with half a team and a DS trying not to make him win (when Lance was racing).

I am also stating that I am happy the three best stage racers are facing off before the Tour. In addition to the fact Froome is lagging those two substantially in terms of results - likely this will surprise many Sky fans.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Who cares about the trains? A top form Alberto would make a hell of a race with Froome. I think they're well matched in the swingers department giving high risk of fireworks. Sadly I believe this is a placebo dream.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Richmond Racer
    Macaloon wrote:
    Who cares about the trains? A top form Alberto would make a hell of a race with Froome. I think they're well matched in the swingers department giving high risk of fireworks. Sadly I believe this is a placebo dream.

Is this your new meme, Maca?
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    RichN95 wrote:
    Let's hope the Tour of Switzerland it better and we get to see a Post Office depot or a tyre factory. Three years ago there was a multiple storey car park. That was a real treat.
    Multi-storey carpark, now you’re talking! When are we going to see a TT take place in one?
    After all, there are running races of a TT nature which take place solely in multi-storey carparks, buggy car TT races too. So why not a bike TT?

(In a 5-storey carpark, for a TT running race, runners start on deck 3, go down the exits to the street as cars would, along the street round to the carpark entry, then up to deck 5 as cars would, then down to where they started on deck 3. If that circuit is 1 km, then for a 10 km TT, runners do 10 circuits)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I've heard that Tinkoff have been embracing marginal gains and this year will be using a lighter tow rope to connect Bertie to Kreuziger.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    I've heard that Tinkoff have been embracing marginal gains and this year will be using a lighter tow rope to connect Bertie to Kreuziger.

Who's Bertie?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Is it last year already?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545

Chronic abuser from the day I scored that Steve Peters chimp improvement video.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Macaloon wrote:

:lol:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Richmond Racer
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

:lol:

Its worked for Ronnie O'Sullivan and he always scores highly

:wink: