Throughly fed up

2»

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    itboffin wrote:
    actually getting married ended sex for me so no need of any contraception :roll:

Having my first child seems to have done the same..
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    fossyant wrote:
    Because it's better than sitting in the car. It's also the only thing that's keeping me going cycling wise. Can't do long club runs as I end up in severe agony for days after.

Remember that thread '11th October" from 2012 about the snip, well here I am 18 months later in a right mess having had one plumb with extra bits chopped off it 6 months ago. Riding is leaving me in agony, but giving it up is not an option. I've got a month to decide if I either have the operated on plumb chopped off or leave it a bit longer. The other plumb is knackered too !

So crap weather is fine by me. At least I'm still riding.

It's called an "Orchidectomy", IIRC. Believe it or not, I've been in theatres to see one done :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PM me if you want to know more/less

Might seem amusing to some but no doubt deadly serious and deeply upsetting for you.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I don't think there is a man alive that would find that amusing, at least not one that isn't psychotic.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I've got a good idea what goes on. One of two ways off, scrotal or through the groin for the full works. Worried if scrotal as it leaves nerves and plumbing behind, out through the groin removes the lot. The epididymectomy was 'worse' than I thought. I had expected them to go in by the side and do the work from there. Oh no. 5cm incision in the bottom of your scrotum (to the side of the plumb being done) then they pull the lot out, chop the bits off, then shove it back in. What I hadn't realised is they stitch the plumb to the scrotum so it can't move. Really weird for the first few months as the thing doesn't move at all - ping pong isn't the same. That's settling now as the external/fixing scar becomes less, but it's still very 'odd'. It's the same procedure used for torsion.

Think I'll stick with the heavy duty pain killers for another 6 months then review.
  • fossyant
    itboffin wrote:
    actually getting married ended sex for me so no need of any contraception :roll:

So true. Actually this situation I'm in is like an utimate contraception. I've joked with the surgeon about how a snip is contraception, but very little jiggy time with this is a bit of a joke ! :lol:
  • secretsam
    fossyant wrote:
    I've got a good idea what goes on. One of two ways off, scrotal or through the groin for the full works. Worried if scrotal as it leaves nerves and plumbing behind, out through the groin removes the lot. The epididymectomy was 'worse' than I thought. I had expected them to go in by the side and do the work from there. Oh no. 5cm incision in the bottom of your scrotum (to the side of the plumb being done) then they pull the lot out, chop the bits off, then shove it back in. What I hadn't realised is they stitch the plumb to the scrotum so it can't move. Really weird for the first few months as the thing doesn't move at all - ping pong isn't the same. That's settling now as the external/fixing scar becomes less, but it's still very 'odd'. It's the same procedure used for torsion.

Think I'll stick with the heavy duty pain killers for another 6 months then review.

The one I saw was a combined <<removal>> and Hernia, so the patient was pretty opened up anyway
    The "string" is incredibly long, BTW (I know this isn't helping much, sorry)

• fossyant
    itboffin wrote:
    fossyant wrote:
    I can't cross my legs

Neither can I :lol:

holy crap fella you poor bugger, now i dont feel quite so bad about my bucket full of painkillers and other assorted drugs every 4 hours, spine pain verse that, loses every time :?

Ouch, spine pain sounds a bit bad ! Mine's only in one sodding little area !
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    fossyant wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    fossyant wrote:
    I can't cross my legs

Neither can I :lol:

holy crap fella you poor bugger, now i dont feel quite so bad about my bucket full of painkillers and other assorted drugs every 4 hours, spine pain verse that, loses every time :?

Ouch, spine pain sounds a bit bad ! Mine's only in one sodding little area !

Modest.

It is THE area.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    After reading this, I'll be damned if I'm letting anyone with a knife get anywhere near my balls... :shock: Hope you mend quickly, fossy!

On the (very small) plus side, at least your GP is taking the pain management seriously enough to give you proper pain killers. What're you on? I'm fond of Tramadol for occasional severe back pain - no side-effects other than mild euphoria and I was taking 10 a day.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    fossyant wrote:

Yeah, could you shut up now please? :? :shock: :?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • secretsam
    jamesco wrote:
    After reading this, I'll be damned if I'm letting anyone with a knife get anywhere near my balls... :shock: Hope you mend quickly, fossy!

On the (very small) plus side, at least your GP is taking the pain management seriously enough to give you proper pain killers. What're you on? I'm fond of Tramadol for occasional severe back pain - no side-effects other than mild euphoria and I was taking 10 a day.

As in Tramadol Hydrochloride? Eww. Made me light headed and nauseous. Mind you, strong stuff - did the job...

• jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    SecretSam wrote:
    As in Tramadol Hydrochloride? Eww. Made me light headed and nauseous. Mind you, strong stuff - did the job...
    Yup, that's the one; no problems necking it all day long, but once I tried just one Oxycodone and that knocked me for six, so you never can tell.
  • secretsam
    jamesco wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Yup, that's the one; no problems necking it all day long, but once I tried just one Oxycodone and that knocked me for six, so you never can tell.

Phew, you must be high as a kite, you know it's an opiate of sorts, I assume?!?!?!?! Certainly dulled the pain for me when I took it for a football injury (massive bruising from knee to hip) but I felt awful/stoned (unpleasantly)...still, better than the pain...

• Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Crikey, this thread's veered dramatically off course since I last looked :shock:

Sorry to hear of your troubles, it sounds horrendous.
    fossyant wrote:
    ... as I'm pushing myself to get the miles up to see if this thing will hold out, but it's causing me lots of pain.

Is it worth just staying off the bike for months if necessary to let things calm down? It sounds as if you might be aggravating it by pushing it too far too soon . Given the choice in your situation it's cycling that I would give up if that resolved the problem....
  • fossyant
    Blasphemy ! Give up cycling. No. :twisted: A cycling mate of mine has suggested I give it a rest. No chance.

I don't have parking at work and we are moving soon which would be a nightmare to get to by car and especially public transport (i.e. take forever), so cycling is my main mode of getting to work on time.

I've tried the tramadol - works really well, but I was off my head on it. I'm taking 60mg of codeine at night with paracetemol. Helps me sleep !

If I need anything during the day, its ibuprofen or paracetemol.