Emergency beer advice needed

2»

Comments

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Ok, I'm going to print off this thread and take it to the shops. I've realised I pass a Sainsbury's on the way too so might call there instead of Asda (I hate Asda).

So. If I get a mix of bottled euro stuff, some ale type stuff and maybe some generic pub stuff, that would be ok you reckon?
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Asda is like a living social experiment :wink:

I reckon a mix of 'stuff' should cover you :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • msmancunia
    arran77 wrote:
    Asda is like a living social experiment :wink:

The one next to the velodrome certainly is. Elite athletes, fat people, and not much else in between.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Hang on,

Did they not condemn the car, How do you know that they havent just stood around dipping there hands in grease for two days before saying

"oooo Sorry love, 'tis the fuel injector, tsss, be expensive to replace that, you might as well scrap it"

That is what I think most bike mechanics in a certain large chain do anyway....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    msmancunia wrote:
    Ok, I'm going to print off this thread and take it to the shops. I've realised I pass a Sainsbury's on the way too so might call there instead of Asda (I hate Asda).

So. If I get a mix of bottled euro stuff, some ale type stuff and maybe some generic pub stuff, that would be ok you reckon?
    Yes, they'll be grateful whatever you give them. If they're not they didn't deserve it in the first place.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Yes, they'll be grateful whatever you give them. If they're not they didn't deserve it in the first place.

Absolutely, always be grateful for what you get.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    msmancunia wrote:
    But, I hate beer and know nothing about it.

:shock:

where's the unfollow button?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    itboffin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    But, I hate beer and know nothing about it.

:shock:

where's the unfollow button?
    Boff, have you been following (or stalking as its known) female forumites again? LiT, CafeWanda, Cyclops Biker etc. All gone due to Boff's stalking.

This is not true, I hope!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Generally, avoid anything that says 'Brewed in the UK under license...'. Especially from Northampton. Heineken is my suggestion.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Nothing in a can
    Nothing with a stupid name
    Nothing American

Ale wise, Spitfire or London Pride are good places to start

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    fancy lager is a safer bet as an ale drinker will drink lager

Some ale drinkers might. I wouldn't touch lager with a barge pole. Fancy or otherwise, lager's grim.

What he said. Lager is for poofs

(not to be derogatory to our gay friends, this is to imply limp-wristed hormonally lacking males and not proper men whatever their preference for their partner is)
    Believe me I agree that real ale is vastly superior, that's not the point I was trying to make. We converted one of our colleagues to drinking real ale by refusing to buy him lager.
    lager-boy.jpg

I hate that Hobgoblin advert. Hobgoblin beer is piss.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • msmancunia
    I went for a combination of Peroni, Czech Budweiser and Boddies (I would have flown out of there without my feet touching the ground if I had walked in with London Pride!). And several packets of chocolate biscuits, which was all the manager had asked for.

Result = one very happy gang of mechanics! Thx all :-)
  • How much are you getting for scrapping your old car, my daughter got £146 for her 2 litre
    pile of junk from ASM, there's money in scrap-age now a days.