Kinectic RnR

manxshred
manxshred Posts: 295
I have a Rock n Roll turbo trainer that I have been using for more than 2 years. I quite like the trainer and it's power curve.

I recently had a bike fit done, and the main issue found was that I am sitting skew on the bike. I can feel quite a bit of pressure on the top of my right hand thigh on the saddle, and put most of my weight on my right sit bone.

I have been working hard in all my riding lately to try and straighten up. When I was on my trainer tonight, I noticed that I really battle to stay straight on the turbo. I seem to be leaning off to the right. It's seems that subconsciously I have been leaning to the side on the turbo which has caused me to make that my position on the bike.

Now I have measured everything and at rest it all seems straight.
Has anyone else had problems like this with this turbo? I'm thinking of propping it so it can't lean anymore.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    See if you can find some of the old articles on Sean Yates' position. The key question is - does the position actually prevent you from riding optimally?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'd check the welds on the turbo too - I've seen a couple of them break.

Is the bike completely vertical when you sit on it ?
  • I remeasured everything and it is a bit uneven. The base is flat but the upper part that sits on the rubber mounts is not even. I tried to tighten it up to see if it will change but it is still uneven. I'll take it apart this weekend and see if I can get it evened up.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Mine's the same if the bike isn't squarely in the middle of the roller - a fraction out at the back seems to make the bike lean dramatically (or at least it feels dramatic). I think there's a guide on their website

Fantastic turbo trainer though.
  • DHA987S
    DHA987S Posts: 284
    Yeah had setup problems with mine as well. The position of the rear wheel on the roller determines how straight, or not, the bike sits in the trainer.
  • michaelede
    michaelede Posts: 152
    I managed to break an R&R not that long ago. I've come to realise that the floor in my garage is no where near as level as I thought which makes the bike tip over to the right. I am going to turn the bike through 90 degrees as the floor is more level left to right than front to back in the garage.