Garmin Edge 510 and heart rate monitor question

Jules Winnfield
Jules Winnfield Posts: 299
Ok then, my other half bought me a Garmin heart rate monitor strap for an early birthday present and today i took it out for the first time to work out my max heart rate so i can use the info to train in zones. Everything went well, i have my maxHR bpm and now i can train more efficiently.

So here is my question, how can i read my heart rate on my Edge 510 when i am out riding so i can stay in specific zones? I have gone through my manual but i cant find anything.

Any help will be appreciated.
Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set

Comments

• You can set the number of read-outs on the display and can change what each read-out displays. It allows you to set up your display so that you could have heart rate as the main or one of the minor displays. You can also set up a number of different pages with varying displays on each. It's not obvious how this is set up and I remember having some difficulty setting mine up. Once you know how to navigate the settings it's easy. I'd recommend you google the dcrainmaker review of the 510, it's a lengthy review that goes through each of the settings, it's helped me out a few times.

Here's a link http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/01/garm ... eview.html
  • Thank you so much fella, that is a great article and answers all my questions.

Thanks for your help :D
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • Glad to help :D
  • And my Garmin is now all sorted fella. I have created a new activity for zonal training and a page now shows my heart rate and % of maxHR.