Nutrition advice.

BMKN
BMKN Posts: 222
Just curious I seem to get wrecked after long rides I know ia normal but I get to the point where im tempted to sleep or already falling asleep. Before my ride I would usually have porridge and have high 5 drink during. I make up calories after my ride. Am I doing this wrong, should I have a large breakfast to the amount I think ill burn on the cycle?

Comments

• dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Coffee, and then an early night that evening. Or a powernap as long as it wont stop you sleeping later.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    It depends how your body reacts. Sometimes after a long ride I eat a lot quite quickly and other times eat very little until a few hours later. The main thing for me is drinking plenty afterwards.

The rest and a good sleep overnight helps a lot.
  • dw300 wrote:
    Coffee, and then an early night that evening. Or a powernap as long as it wont stop you sleeping later.

This. I find coffee helps hugely. However, your question suggests that you might not be eating enough before the ride, so check that out too.
    Shut up, knees!

Various Boardmans, a Focus, a Cannondale and an ancient Trek.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Stop regularly doing rides disproportionate to your fitness. So either get fit enough to do those long rides (more intensity and volume in between almost certainly) and who won't die so much either, or just ride easier so it wrecks you less.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • I'm just starting to push the distance up again after not doing more than about 20 miles at a time over the winter. Rode 50 miles last Sunday, again yesterday. Very sleepy afterwards.

It was the same last year; as I got fitter the effect grew less.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?