Canyon Bikes

2»

Comments

• Whilst most top end frames may be similar the level of customer service or the way companies deal with warranty issues can vary greatly.

Whilst I think the OPs comments about catalogues are pretty dumb there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions on here or other forums.

Recently on here there have been threads about Cervelo frame quality and Zipp Hub problems, these are both top end brands which you would expect to provide top quality products and top quality service. The posts show that there have been issues with these brands and provide an insight into the products and companies that you couldn't get anywhere else.
  • Took delivery of a Ulimate CF 9.0 a few weeks back to replace my winter bike that was stolen. I have Pinarello Prince decked out with Super Record has my main bike. Hate to say this but the Canyon rides slightly better !
  • Winter bike?!!!!
  • bagz3
    bagz3 Posts: 253
    CASATIKID wrote:
    styxd wrote:
    CASATIKID wrote:
    Hi,has anyone out there had dealings with Canyon U/K or Canyon in general?
    Reason is,i have been considering buying a Canyon CF SLX Ultimate 9.0 and contacted their U/K branch requesting a brochure of the above only to be told that any info I require is on their website.
    Well,im sorry but when looking at spending around £3,500+ then a grainy internet pic just wont do.
    Anyone had dealings with Canyon and better still,has anyone purchased an Ultimate 9.0 and what do they think of it?

you sound like a potential "nightmare customer"

save yourself and Canyon the hassle and buy your bike from a bikeshop instead.
    Bit nasty I thought?

Could be deemed as nasty, but most would see it as banter. If you're that sensitive, then maybe public forums are not the place for you.
    I'd definitely stay clear of the Gardeners World Forum, there are some right bitches on there!!! :shock:

On the plus side. If you're happy to spend £3.5k, then buy the Canyon,you wont regret it.
  • Ha,me sensitive.Those that know me well will laugh when I tell them that.!
    I appreciate that there is always some stupid prick on these sites that think they can write any sarcastic comment they like and get away with it as they write there pissy little remarks from their darkened rooms.
    All I was looking for was some helpful tips and to be fair I did get those also.
    Mick.
  • CASATIKID wrote:
    Ha,me sensitive.Those that know me well will laugh when I tell them that.!
    I appreciate that there is always some stupid prick on these sites that think they can write any sarcastic comment they like and get away with it as they write there pissy little remarks from their darkened rooms.
    All I was looking for was some helpful tips and to be fair I did get those also.
    Mick.

I say old chap! A tad strong with language. :shock:

:D
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    CASATIKID wrote:
    Mick.

I say old chap! A tad strong with language. :shock:

:D

Don't mind him - he's just stressed because he still hasn't bought a bike after all this time! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • CASATIKID wrote:
    Mick.

He sees the bait, & he bites...
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    CASATIKID wrote:
    Mick.
    Oooh, nasty!

Sorry, but I believe this comment confirms a certain amount of sensitivity.
    You were hardly unfairly treated here. The tone of your initial post pretty much guaranteed the tone of the responses.
    CASATIKID wrote:
    ......contacted their U/K branch requesting a brochure of the above only to be told that any info I require is on their website.
    Well,im sorry but when looking at spending around £3,500+ then a grainy internet pic just wont do.

If you'd simply asked whether Canyon did brochures instead of the self righteous, I'm spending money and I demand service, attitude you started with then I suspect you'd have had nothing but constructive feedback.
  • Is this all about buying a bike?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    What about buying a Casati..? They may even have a brochure too...
  • Actually Imposter,i do have a Casati.Model 53x11 in nude carbon with red and white graphics.
    6/7 years old and still like new and yes,Race Scene do have plenty of brochures.This bike turns heads wherever I go.
  • CASATIKID wrote:
    Actually Imposter,i do have a Casati.Model 53x11 in nude carbon with red and white graphics.
    6/7 years old and still like new and yes,Race Scene do have plenty of brochures.This bike turns heads wherever I go.

Not helping yourself here. You just sound arrogant.

Anyway, are you gonna get a Canyon or not?
  • this topic still going haha,
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • Afraid so,but that's me done with it now.
    Not arrogant,just want to get the best for my hard earned cash.
    And yes,i am getting one.
  • Apart from the Canyon I would like to recommend 'The Chimp Paradox' by Dr. Steve Peters.
    It will definitely help with anger management issues as well as other aspects of your life.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    CASATIKID wrote:
    ......just want to get the best for my hard earned cash.
    And less cash on brochures equals better for the cash. So we're all agreed at last. I'm relieved.

Mr Potatoes - should I also check out that book or is it specifically for our OP? Is it available for kindle? I'd prefer that to a paper book ;)
  • Ai_1 wrote:
    CASATIKID wrote:
    ......just want to get the best for my hard earned cash.
    And less cash on brochures equals better for the cash. So we're all agreed at last. I'm relieved.

Mr Potatoes - should I also check out that book or is it specifically for our OP? Is it available for kindle? I'd prefer that to a paper book ;)

Recommended by Sir Chris Hoy and available on Kindle. Well worth reading.

Edit. Also available on Audio book :wink:
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    CASATIKID wrote:
    Mick.

Just out of interest, how's your darkened room?
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    Anyway, back to the subject, just got my Ultimate CF SL delivered yesterday, while its the first carbon road bike I've ridden its a massive improvement from my trusty Scott 30, the rigidity, lightness and comfort are far better than I could have expected. Its the entry-level 7.0 version with 105 group set, gears far more positive and easy than the mix of Tiagra and 105 I had on the scott (2011 model). What is amazing is the lack of vibration from the tarmac even with pretty stiff wheels on, a big step up from what I'm used to. Very delighted, 3 week lead time, looks great in understated stealth black but sadly no glossy printed catalog to browse. Plenty of good media on their website though if you don't mind digging around a bit. I cannot recommend Canyon quality and service highly enough.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,524
    CASATIKID wrote:
    Cheers pj101.
    Nice to receive a sensible reply.I have taken what you say onboard.
    Trouble is I have only seen the bikes on T/V and on the internet that's why I wanted to see a detailed photo.
    Mick
    Have you tried the zoom function for the bikes pics on the Canyon website? I was looking at an MTB on there and the pics zoom in to show as much detail as I would ever need.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Sprool wrote:
    Anyway, back to the subject, just got my Ultimate CF SL delivered yesterday......
    How much did pay?
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    De Sisti wrote:
    How much did pay?
    as per the prices on their website:
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/ser ... cf-sl.html
  • On subject.
    I've been hovering the buy button on a speedmax for a while but I can't find any reviews of the bikes.

Anyone got a speedmax? Wonder if you can buy speedmax without wheels too?
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners