Bretagne Séché (les blancs)!Definite spoilers!!

124»

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Le Tour de France @letour · 5h Bravo @EquipeBSE 9 à Paris #TDF
    BtjjSWmIIAAqmFX.jpg:large

Ned Boulting @nedboulting · 50m Let's hear it for these
    BtkhooQIYAEqnOa.jpg:large

Le Parisien - Sports ‏@LeParisienSport 2h Drapeaux Bretons pour coureurs @EquipeBSE Bretagne Séché qui finissent à 9 sur champs Elysées #
    BtkiquqIYAAIqak.jpg:large
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    They did themselves justice and having just returned from two weeks in Bretagne they are now my favourite team :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Am I the only one who thought they were notable by their absence and obvious inferior ability?

They did nothing all race apart from get into some breaks before being among the first riders to be dropped. They had good luck to avoid crashes and rode the gruppetto most of the race hence why there are nine who made it to Paris. Brice did ok to place wherever he did but I didn't see him once all race. They didn't even come close to a stage win or even an attempt on one.

Compare that to some of the Italian wildcards in the Giro who light the race up.
    Then compare that to wildcard NetApp who were in this Tour.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Pross wrote:
    They did themselves justice and having just returned from two weeks in Bretagne they are now my favourite team :wink:
    +1

I went last summer and adopted the team... wouldn't wear replica shorts though :)

Although a jersey would be nice but haven't found one.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Am I the only one who thought they were notable by their absence and obvious inferior ability?

They did nothing all race apart from get into some breaks before being among the first riders to be dropped. They had good luck to avoid crashes and rode the gruppetto most of the race hence why there are nine who made it to Paris. Brice did ok to place wherever he did but I didn't see him once all race. They didn't even come close to a stage win or even an attempt on one.

Compare that to some of the Italian wildcards in the Giro who light the race up.

Have to say it, I agree with this. And Cofidis the same.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I felt they put more effort in than Cofidis did (or have done in years). There's an obvious gulf in class but I doubt there are any other Pro Conti teams that didn't take part who would have been more in contention.
  • WeeJohn
    WeeJohn Posts: 5
    Pross wrote:
    +1

I went last summer and adopted the team... wouldn't wear replica shorts though :)

They sell them in our local Intersport. Want me to see about getting you one?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,561
    Pross wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I felt they put more effort in than Cofidis did (or have done in years). There's an obvious gulf in class but I doubt there are any other Pro Conti teams that didn't take part who would have been more in contention.

Agree with the Bretange and Cofidis sentiments. Reckon MTN-Qhubeka would have been animated the race more...
  • Hey - don't forget they were without their leader !

eduardo_sepulveda.jpg
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Do you know what? I had actually forgotten Confidis were in the race (And I'm not even joking) Bretagne were good value for money earlier on in the race but did fizzle out a bit.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    WeeJohn wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    +1

They sell them in our local Intersport. Want me to see about getting you one?
    let me know how much and I will let you know.
  • WeeJohn
    WeeJohn Posts: 5
    Okey-dokey, I'll drop in as soon as I can and find out