Bretagne Séché (les blancs)!Definite spoilers!!

Comments

• L'équipe Bretagne Séché Environnement s'installe à la 1ère place de la Coupe de France par équipes Avec ce joli tir groupé sur Adélie
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    edited April 2014
    & here's the photo …

DSC_0374.jpg
  • RonB wrote:
    & here's the photo …

DSC_0374.jpg

Coquard is looking good - hope he gets some WT stages this year
  • RonB
    Adrien Petit (Cofidis) gets the piglet but the team get 3 riders in the top 10 at Tro-Bro Léon ...

10296174_633051383454323_1187509983836756568_o.jpg

Next up (& also close to home) is the Tour de Bretagne - 25th April to 1st May.
  • RonB
    Now the Giro thingy is finito for another yr, time for a bump for Team EquipeBSE, who have been on tour themselves in preparation for the TdF. Sadly not the Côte de Blubberhouses, but a close second…

BoWbKJbIcAA1Axb.jpg
    BoaZDCLCEAAtNsr.jpg:large

Next race, Boucles de la Mayenne starts Thursday.
  • keep this close to your chest and i can't reveal my sources ...but someone I trust for information has let it slip that a blanc is going to attempt to get in a breakaway in the first week.
  • as FF has been pointing out - at 22 Eduardo Sepúlveda is emerging as a real talent
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I can't wait for the epic breakaway struggles between Les Blancs and Europcar. It will be a virtual selfie war!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Armindo Fonseca wins stage 1 of the Boucles de la Mayenne!
  • RonB
    Crampeur wrote:
    Armindo Fonseca wins stage 1 of the Boucles de la Mayenne!

Sounds like an exciting stage too with Anthony Delaplace sacrificing himself for his teammate to ensure the lead group stayed clear of the chasers (they had a mere 14 seconds with 5km to go!). Also worth noting that it was Armindo's first pro win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDPyzEsM604 Incidental music par excellence btw!

IMG_5059web.jpg

BpdZTf-CYAEx-h8.jpg
  • RonB
    Boucles de la Mayenne - Great result for les Blancs, with 4 riders in the top 10 they win team overall classification and Delaplace gets KOM jersey.

Next up, Stage dans les Pyrénées - 11th to 15th June.
  • Genou gauche trop endommagé @EduSepulvedaARG ne sera pas au départ du Tour.

Left knee problems - no Tour!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    keep this close to your chest and i can't reveal my sources ...but someone I trust for information has let it slip that a blanc is going to attempt to get in a breakaway in the first week.

Just the one?

Team Colombia were in every breakaway...tell us more gossip
  • Joelsim wrote:
    keep this close to your chest and i can't reveal my sources ...but someone I trust for information has let it slip that a blanc is going to attempt to get in a breakaway in the first week.

Just the one?

Team Colombia were in every breakaway...tell us more gossip

the mechanics area crafty lot - they pump all the tyres up the morning of the stage rather than just leave it for a few days - that way the team are pinging along at 130 psi every day. I once squeezed D Caruso's tyres and some of the other teams and you could feel the rim

also team orders say just when the break is caught at 10km to go - launch one last do or die attack - you never know you might just solo to a stunning victory. ( You won't)
  • joelsim
    Are BSE intending to go in a break every day?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Joelsim wrote:
    Are BSE intending to go in a break every day?
    I would be disappointed if they didn't :mrgreen:
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    The team has announced the arrival of new partners. Sunday, during the championship of France, the riders will present the new jerseys and shorts where the names of Fortuneo and Yogurt Malo (Sill group of companies) will appear.

"The agribusiness Jean Floc'h is also investing more in the team Boulaire Michel, CEO, says. It is a powerful symbol, a week before the start of the Tour, twenty years after Jean Floc 'h, avid cyclist, had founded the amateur team in 1994
  • RonB
    From @inrng: Looks like there will be more Bretons than Britons in the Tour de France :shock:
  • RonB
    L'équipe BSE are in Leeds! (with a handy message for their driver :D)

BrjCEP-CMAImPTA.jpg:large
    BrjHyJ0CEAAVj7D.jpg:large
  • RonB
    @nedboulting: Things you might hear quite often over the next three weeks #1 :

"The team from Brittany..."

:D:D:D
  • 451666540-riders-of-frances-bretagne-seche-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QddJRaJIX%2BiOPgK%2BTPeai7yMOVnJvrkubzIXgSjXo4V8

201.FEILLU Brice
    202.BIDEAU Jean Marc
    203.DELAPLACE Anthony
    204.FEILLU Romain
    205.FONSECA Armindo
    206.GERARD Arnaud
    207.GUILLOU Florian
    208.JARRIER Benoit
    209.VACHON Florian
  • 10/1 Vachon or Delaplace to strike in the first week.
  • joelsim
    Because I have auto translate on, if I type 'Bretagne Seche Environment' into Google I get results for Britain Dry Environment, so instead of looking at Tour news, I get Sewage Weekly.

On another note I've gone pretty heavy on BSE on my fantasy team, so hoping they get in a break every day and hoover up some sprint and mountains points!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Here we go come on Les Blancs! Very excited about tomorrow. I hope they do a "Barloworld" and upset the odds
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Here we go come on Les Blancs! Very excited about tomorrow. I hope they do a "Barloworld" and upset the odds

Me too. I love it when the little guy wins :)
  • Lads doing us proud. Fonesca is small! Could do well here..... Was Jarrier yesterday the substitute for Sepulveda? He is actually having a reasonable season in the French cup - this is a massive step up - he actually took the first points of this Tour - we'll take whatever we can get
  • Delaplace has released the fury :)
  • RonB
    The devil made him do it.

BsRFy-WCYAASTQf.jpg:large
  • Team currently outperforming other small teams. Orca. Garmin. Cannonball. #givesusastage
  • RonB
    As well as Haimar Zubeldia sneaking in to the top 10 I spotted that Brice Feillu is now ahead of the remaining Sky guys and well set for a top 20 spot.

Apart from the obvious focus on the early breaks on most stages, this is some achievement for Brice & the team.

#magnumsallround?