Having problems with Sufferfest videos

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
Hi guys,

I just downloaded the starter pack from sufferfest incorporating three videos. However, I seem to be having trouble getting them to play. I'm aware they are MP4 files but I thought windows media player would play them? I done a quick internet seach which suggested XP Codes pack which I still can't get to work.

My intention is to get it running on my laptop then wire the laptop to the kitchen TV through HDMI.

Despite being 21, I'm rubbing with working with various files on a computer haha

Cheers
Craig
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I did have some issues running them in WM and realplayer. There is a link on the sufferfest site to a freeware player called VLC which works a treat.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
  • I'll give that a shot mate thanks :-)
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    I agree with the VLC thing. No idea why it doesn't work on mediaplayer. Sigh.

Unless it makes it easier to download?
  • Well I downloaded the VLC and nothing much changed. I'm hoping restarting the Laptop will make a difference haha. Are there any other files I need to go along with that?
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    have you unzipped it?
  • No I don't think so, how do I do that?

Cheers
    Craig
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Works fine on mediaplayer on mine ?
    Is it an old laptop ? And try the trainerroad people - they're really great at helpIng out.
  • No the laptop is only 6 months old. I'm maybe thinking it's because the files have not been unzipped now but I don't know how to do that.

Cheers
    Craig
  • markp80
    markp80 Posts: 444
    The files you downloaded will have .zip at the end of he filename. Look for the ones that are big files, probably 2GB. Right click on the filename and see if you have an "extract file" or "unzip file" option (can't remember th exact wording). The file will then extract to an .mp4 file.
    Boardman Road Comp - OK, I went to Halfords
    Tibia plateau fracture - the rehab continues!