Conflict avoidance at Team Sky

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Macaloon wrote:
    Genius. I'm rocking a frankly fanboi-tastic 19% :shock: so I'm calling methodological bullsh1t. All you need to test positive (Sky# > 15%) is a casual wrestle with a clinician.

We're examining your BR passport. Checking your baseline readings. Do you have a letter from BR confirming a naturally high Skymatocrit?

I contracted a nasty dose of swine-flu from a gentleman going by the hog. Plays havoc with your ridiculytes. Apparently. Not to mention the SC tampering you lot are doing with your cheeky wee search modifiers :roll:
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    I just thought it might be interesting to compare actual amounts, rather than percentages...

FF: 1064
    Me: 410

Hmmm.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Tomekke.... it's my favourite nickname

I always thought Tomekke was his real name - I assumed it was a derivation of Thomas

Tommeke is the Vlaams diminutive of Tom. In Dutch it would be something like Tomtje/Tommetje

The Dutch add tje/je to words to make them 'cute' the Flemish add ke/eke.

Above The Cowsje, desperately wondering what her Skytje quotient is?

Tommeke is Dutch. Nothing to do with Flemish/Dutch divide. Its pretty universal.

And my percentage is 3%.

I thought the dimminutive was different in Vlaams? That's what my Dutch teacher told me. Maybe she's just trying to get me in trouble with Belgians.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Macaloon wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    Genius. I'm rocking a frankly fanboi-tastic 19% :shock: so I'm calling methodological bullsh1t. All you need to test positive (Sky# > 15%) is a casual wrestle with a clinician.

We're examining your BR passport. Checking your baseline readings. Do you have a letter from BR confirming a naturally high Skymatocrit?

I contracted a nasty dose of swine-flu from a gentleman going by the hog. Plays havoc with your ridiculytes. Apparently. Not to mention the SC tampering you lot are doing with your cheeky wee search modifiers :roll:

I just searched you posts for "top quality humour".

No results.

Not even when I removed the quotes :shock:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Tomekke.... it's my favourite nickname

I always thought Tomekke was his real name - I assumed it was a derivation of Thomas

Tommeke is the Vlaams diminutive of Tom. In Dutch it would be something like Tomtje/Tommetje

Tommeke is Dutch. Nothing to do with Flemish/Dutch divide. Its pretty universal.

And my percentage is 3%.

I thought the dimminutive was different in Vlaams? That's what my Dutch teacher told me. Maybe she's just trying to get me in trouble with Belgians.

Not in my knowledge. Let's just say I've heard my mother say Tommeke rather a lot.
  • rick_chasey
    I just thought it might be interesting to compare actual amounts, rather than percentages...

FF: 1064
    Me: 410

Hmmm.....

Better off comparing it to other teams.
  • Not in my knowledge. Let's just say I've heard my mother say Tommeke rather a lot.

Is that in a "Will you stop talking about Tommeke!" kind of a way?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326

And my percentage is 3%.

ith absolutely no knowledge whatsoever, my instinct would be that AtC living in the NL with (from what I've understood to be) a Dutch husband and associated inlaws possibly has slightly more knowledge of Dutch morés than half-Dutch English raised Rick. But what the hell do I know? Rick is still lovely and his enthusiasm for his Dutch heritage can't be faulted. But I am a bottle of wine to the worse.
  • rick_chasey
    Speaking of Dutch, Boogerd is having a good Twitter chat with Thijs Zonneveld (I'm told he's a good looking chap) for those who can read/speak it...
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Somebody has a Skymocrit of 33%. They'll be disappointed with that.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Google says Tommetje beats Tommeke by nearly 3 to 1.

But obviously not on cobbles.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I got 24.06%, I will be on GMTV in the morning doing a tell all expose on the BR world and the doping going on. Everyone is doing it and I'm bringing you all down with me.
  • 3.8%, skewed by the number of times I've picked them for TTTs
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820

And my percentage is 3%.

Not in my knowledge. Let's just say I've heard my mother say Tommeke rather a lot.
    Above the Cow's teacher is right. Traditionally the Flemish diminutive is -eke, the Dutch -tje. Schotelke in Flemish, schoteltje in Hollands. Tommeke is Flemish. Do you know that the Flemish diminutive for male Jan (Jantje in Hollands Dutch) is Janneke! Really. As in Jip en Janneke. Well, at least it used to be. With all the cultural cross-over that probably doesnt get work anymore. Just as Tommeke is used in Holland now. But it still has a certain Flemish ring to it.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Macaloon wrote:
    nice Japanese Macaloons :D

I just got this, well played.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • How about a conflict avoidance on Bike Radar thread?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    [quote="Rick Chasey"
    And my percentage is 3%.[/quote]

Trouble with you and I though is that we contribute to other parts of the forum. Personally I'd be more worried about my 26v29 count of the ShimSRAMolo argument count...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • How do I get these %s?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    What makes people think Wiggins will ride the tour? I don't expect him to.

That puts me up to 7.53%
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    TheBigBean wrote:
    He wants to do it
    Sky TV want him to do it
    The Yorkshire/British public want him to do it
    In form he is, physically at least, the perfect support rider for Froome's needs.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • How do I get these %s?
    I just picked four people on this thread, went to their posts, searched for sky, then divided that number by their total number of posts.

4% for me. Not sure if that's good or bad...
  • I just did that. I got 6.2%.

Disappointingly, searching for "Simoni" yielded only 1.9%
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    248/11568 = 2.1%

Booyah!
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ddraver wrote:
    248/11568 = 2.1%

Booyah!

832 / 11193 = 7.4%

Not sure what numbers you are looking at.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited January 2014
    Disappointingly, searching for "Simoni" yielded only 1.9%

Oh dear. I tried echelon and panache only got 0.08% and 0.11%. Obviously not a true cycling fan. :(
  • TheBigBean
    RichN95 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    He wants to do it
    Sky TV want him to do it
    In form he is, physically at least, the perfect support rider for Froome's needs.

Well, only time will tell, but...
    - I don't think he will want to support Froome
    - the TT is at the end
    . he won't want to finish hours behind Froome, but can't be bothered to lose the necessary weight
    - he probably doesn't care that much what Sky think even though they pay his wages

Maybe he will be injured again and everyone can save face.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    mie fietske

Wat 'ne elend, wat 'ne pech,
    mie gans nui fietske, dat is weg.
    't Is neet geklajd, 't is neet gestole,
    meh de gemeinte is mie fietske weg goon hole.
    Is dat noe sjiek? Is dat noe sjoen?
    Wat moot iech zoonder fietske doen?
    Mieljaar, wat höb ich noe e leid.
    Kin iemes miech vertèlle boe mie fietske steit?

Iech koch miech lès e fietske, zoe nuierwèts model,
    mèt vaan die hippe kleure en mèt 'n sjieke bel.
    Iech ging 't oetperbere, zoe midde in de stad,
    en höb 't bij e buimke eve neergezat.
    En ouch al leep iech gaar neet wied,
    mie nui fietse bin iech kwiet!
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:
    248/11568 = 2.1%

Booyah!

832 / 11193 = 7.4%

Not sure what numbers you are looking at.

clearly they re different - the number of posts below my name tot he left is 400 or so more...
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    He wants to do it
    Sky TV want him to do it

Well, only time will tell, but...
    - I don't think he will want to support Froome
    - the TT is at the end
    . he won't want to finish hours behind Froome, but can't be bothered to lose the necessary weight
    - he probably doesn't care that much what Sky think even though they pay his wages

Maybe he will be injured again and everyone can save face.

Even if you think all the above, there's something else that should be factored in. He's moved agents to join Beckham at Simon Fuller's XIX Entertainment Company to help maximise his earning potential now and for post-retirement. He needs to be on that start line in Leeds, whatever it takes (including having to support Froome). Tootling around all this year in just chippers aint gonna help do the business.

If all else fails, there's nothing like money to concentrate the mind.
  • TheBigBean
    Do you think that starting the tour is the most high profile thing he can do? I'd assume most of the attention will be on Froome and Cavendish. He may get more attention by doing a BBC special pre-tour interview, or having a go at the world hour record, or something else that the marketing company cooks up. For example, Beckham didn't stop earning when he went to MLS even though that is a long way from the pinnacle of his sport.