Turbo or rollers in an upstairs room

florerider
florerider Posts: 1,112
Currently only use mine downstairs on a solid floor, but could set it up upstairs on a (semi) permanent basis. However I have always worried about vibration cracking the plaster work t the ceiling below.

Anyone use rollers or turbos in an upstairs room, and if so any problems with the ceilings or anything else?

Comments

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    You should be fine. I have an 80kg spinning bike upstairs and use that almost every day while I am building my fitness up and I haven't crashed through the ceiling (yet)
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    That's a heavy spinning bike though. It probably doesn't vibrate as much as a normal bike on a turbo.

I would have thought the empty space between upstairs floorboards and downstairs ceilings would stop the vibrations from cracking the ceiling plaster downstairs....
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • A good thick groundmat under the turbo should do the trick.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    I do my training upstairs and I think everything is ok. Been doing it for around 18 months now with no incidents.